It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mermaids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
yes hi ya'll. so i was just wondering does anyone believe in mermaids the half human half fish creatures that are said to live under the sea. and has anyone ever witness one. yeah so lets hear what u peeps gotta say

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Got to say I havent seen one. With my poor eyesight, I would probably mistake a kraken for a mermaid and that would be pretty nasty if I wanted to make a hit on it...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

believe in mermaids?

Nope

ever witness one?

Nope

Sailors got bored. Need something to talk about. Dont think these have been taken seriously for a long long time.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I for one certainly dont believe in mermaids... We would have had just a single foto of one.. But nothing! Even the big foot is a movie star compared to these..

If you do a forum search, there are lots of fake fotos.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
if ther wher mermaids how culd of they evolved into a half fish half human

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
yeah. just asking cause i never saw a thread that talked about mermaids and they are ignored. well if i were to believe i would want some proof .well later

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well...my grandfather who was a fisherman, claimed that he saw a mermaid once!

(He also drank a lot during those fishing trips I do believe
)

Anyways...the move "Splash" was cool!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well, konartis96, if you are interested in the ATS perspective on mermaids browse through these threads that I found using an ATS Google Site Search

That might get you what you were after.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I dont think anybody really cares that much about them anymore, maybe there chillin iin Atlantis, that why we cant see them.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Many think they were misidentified sea cows (manatees).

Personally, I'd say it would take a LOT of rum to make that mistake!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
actually i think they were a myth to describe sea lions..because sirens had "a song that lured sailors to their rocky death" and manatees dont really speak much, but sea lions do.

if i remember right, that is...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There are such things as Mermaids...only now we call them Dolphins

Seriously...the Mermaid myth came about because Dolphins have a tendancy to follow alongside wandering ships, and it was believed that they would lead the ship to either safety or peril. I'm guessing factors such as sickness (from contaminated foods, etc.), alcohol, etc. contributed to sailors "seeing things" for lack of better words...thus mistaking Dolphins for something more.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I collect mermaids.....glass ones, wood ect, not REAL ones. I have over a thousand Mermaid things....

In my travels I ask locals about their belief in Mermaids.
In the Bahamas....It is said that actuall Mermaids live in fresh water pools on the islands...NOT in the sea. It is claimed if you see one, you go blind.....and the lady who was braiding my hair on the beach told me that her nephew was blinded by a mermaid when he was 9 years old. She was very affraid of this Mermaid legend, claiming it was TOTALLY true. I did'nt meet her 'blind' nephew, but told her I would like to........and begged her to take me to one of these so called inland pools, but she flatly refused. Claiming she didnt want to be the reason that I would go blind. The story she told me was very close to the 'EX FILES' episode with the Figi Mermaid in it...............she told me I coulnt meet her nephew due to the family protecting him from negative outside forces like Americans

I hear 'Weekie Watchee Springs' in Florida has closed down, and that sad. That was a Mermaid Themepark of sorts, with an underwater Mermaid Show.....but the Mermaids were just lovely woman in Mermaid Suits, not the real deal of course.
I saw a SCAREY Mermaid Movie once called 'SHE CREATURE'...it was a kewl movie! the only time Ive ever seen a Mermaid show where the Mermaid was scarey lol......

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
lol
yeah the only mermaid movie i watched was when i was a kid i think it was called the little mermaid or something like that. and i never heard of that. if u look at a mermaid u go blind i gotta check it out

top topics

join