It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: PM on standby to send warplanes to Gulf as Iranian tensions rise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Exclusive: PM on standby to send warplanes to Gulf as Iranian tensions rise

www.indepen dent.co.uk

Britain is considering stationing warplanes in the Persian Gulf as the confrontation with Iran over its nuclear programme continues amid rising tension in the region, The Independent has learnt.

The possible deployment of the Eurofighter Typhoons follows talks with the United Arab Emirates to bolster the UK’s presence in the region at a time when Israel is threatening military strikes against Tehran and much of the Middle-East is in turbulence in the aftershock of the Arab Spring and Syria’s civil war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Personally, I think this has more to do with trying to win the UAE over for the Typhoon deal, they are looking to buy 60 apparently, but there is also the possibility of us preparing for something.

We do not "routinely" deploy to the UAE, usually they are much more pally with the US and French... Something to watch, for sure.

www.indepen dent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing that.

I have been keeping a close eye on this also,and my sources don't mention that.

What I thought was going to be a conflict between Israel and Iran starting in October, I think has been moved up to next spring.
But you never know.
edit on 2-11-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Looks like its on.

As Operation Corsican Lion took place last week.

The week-long exercise involves not only five British naval ships but Royal Marines from 3 Commando Brigade and their French counterparts.

Air support comes from French Rafaele and Super Étendard jets and dozens of helicopters ranging from Apaches to Sea Kings and Chinooks.
On the water, small boats and landing craft allow the Marines from both sides of the Channel to practice their drills.

british french navies team drill

Platoons of U.S. Marine infantrymen, French Marine paratroopers and British Army soldiers conducted a company-level, coordinated attack together as part of Exercise Croix du Sud outside of Camp la Broche, New Caledonia, Oct. 14.

Marines French British Forces Clear Objectives
edit on 2-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I put a bit on here 2 days back to tell people that your going to see major happenings from now till Feb time 2013, I think people will be quite shocked at what will happen soon, as tensions in Europe gets worse, if people think the major problems are just in the middle east your in for a big shock, and the UK & Germany & France are far from ready for what will soon happen. No I cannot give you links, no I cannot give you proof of where I get my facts, you will just have to trust me when I say that the world is in a big mess, and you've seen nothing yet, and no I am not a member of a terror group folks, I try to do my job to help protect the public, but lots of heads are deep in the sand, so it's going to be a hard job to help folk to survive the next few months ahead.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I live quite close to an army camp(uk) that is often the last stop before troops are shipped of to a war zone, and for the last month they've been practicing day and night, in the past this has always been indicative that something is about to happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Makes you wonder what changed in the last few weeks..

UK denies US use of military bases in country in nuke standoff with Iran

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I can tell you what's changed the last few weeks, just nothing, what the west are doing is confusing the Russians & Iran, bit like fogging the sky & water, the Israel leaders are going to hit Iran, USA & UK & France know that China & Russia will react to events, the West are making sure they are in the right place when, yes I said when the balloon goes up.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

Looks like its on.

*YAWN* If only I had a dollar for EVERY-TIME I heard a member post that on these forums in response to the Iran/Israel topics...

...I'd be rich enough to afford the United States military annual budget which is now about $$$,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$. Funded by us poor taxpayers and our hard-earned money going towards our elite globalists to pay for their stupid agenda which is against our best interests of course.

YAWN
edit on 2-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

That was just a big BS story to let everybody start to relax big no no
not much time left

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I am still having a hard time believing Russia and China are going to act if the West does their thing. Chinas economy right now is not doing so hot and I imagine its worse than whats being reported due to lack of actual info from the communist government. Not to mention that while the Chinese military is large, their force projection sucks so if its not regional its a problem.

Granted they share a border with Afghanistan but we would know if they tried to go through there.. The kerplakistan countries are in the same boat.. While relations between Russia and China are cozy, the same cannot be said about China and the former republics China would need to go through to get to the ME.

While Russia is on the rebound, they still have massive issues with their economy and military.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

As was posted in another thread, "UK denies US use of military bases in country in nuke standoff with Iran" is sensitive information and would not be made public.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I think this is just a journalist getting things very mixed up. Speculation as the Chief of Air Staff states in the BFBS video link.

I believe that the journalist has heard of Typhoons deploying and running with a story without doing any background. If he or she had then they would have noted that this is just ATLC Advanced Tactical Leadership Course. ATLC is running from 11 Nov - 6 Dec 2012 in United Arab Emirates. ATLC in UAE has been taking place every year for some time. RAF Eurofighter Typhoon deployments to UAE for this routine leadership course have been taking place for several years.

Video at following link. Chief of the Air Staff talks about yearly Typhoon deployments to UAE.

www.bfbs.com...

ATLC - 2011

www.arabianaerospace.aero...

ATLC - 2010

www.arabianaerospace.aero...

ATLC - 2009

www.flightglobal.com...

ATLC - 2008

www.xisquadronassociation.co.uk...

edit on 2-11-2012 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
reply to post by Xcathdra

I can tell you what's changed the last few weeks, just nothing, what the west are doing is confusing the Russians & Iran, bit like fogging the sky & water, the Israel leaders are going to hit Iran, USA & UK & France know that China & Russia will react to events, the West are making sure they are in the right place when, yes I said when the balloon goes up.

Excellent point. I gotta agree with your post. It's all movement and preparations for when Israel does something, not if, but when. After all, it's there ass on the line if Iran gets a nuke.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Alternative4u

I am still having a hard time believing Russia and China are going to act if the West does their thing. Chinas economy right now is not doing so hot and I imagine its worse than whats being reported due to lack of actual info from the communist government. Not to mention that while the Chinese military is large, their force projection sucks so if its not regional its a problem.

Granted they share a border with Afghanistan but we would know if they tried to go through there.. The kerplakistan countries are in the same boat.. While relations between Russia and China are cozy, the same cannot be said about China and the former republics China would need to go through to get to the ME.

While Russia is on the rebound, they still have massive issues with their economy and military.

Errrrr.... I don't know why you think China's economy is fluttering, but using your own suggested routes, how are you going to stop the Chinese war machine rolling right across Asia, to Iran.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

China has already stated to Iran that it will not involve itself in any conflict between the West and Iran. China also has very little ability in Force Projection. You can have all the Soldiers in the World but without the ability to get them from point A to point B all they become are...Targets. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

China would not roll over anything. Terrain dictates.

And as well other countries who would take offense to having China invade them. Like India for instance.

I think China is more worried about what's happening within their own border, for the most part...though they may make a play for Tiawan. But that's about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Oh no, the Brits are coming to town

Everyone should be scared now....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

No need for that, really. Let's try and keep the discussion above playground level.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join