It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Day For Early Voting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Okay kids- today (in most places) is the last day for early voting in the 2012 Presidential Election. If you do not vote today you will be stuck having to vote on Tuesday, when the lines will be long and you won't be able to get in and out quickly.

I myself voted early last week, and the line was very short and moved fast. I would like to encourage those who are able and have not voted yet to do their best to try to do it today. You will be saving yourself time and frustration, not to mention that you never know what could happen to prevent you from making it come Tuesday.

Please exercise your right to vote! If you don't and leave the decision to others you have no business fussing if you don't like how it turns out. Over the years I have learned that those who gripe the loudest about whoever is currently in office are usually the same ones who don't even exercise their right to vote. So get out there and do it! At least if your choice doesn't win you can say you voted for the other guy!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I dont remmber this push to vote early in years past. why is this ?? I think its odd. we used to just go vote, crazy year this one...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Painfulhead

I believe it is because they are expecting a record breaking turnout. A relative of mine is an election worker and has told me that so far she has seen more first time voters than in any previous election she has worked before.

The reason I personally encourage early voting is for numerous reasons: avoiding long lines, there isn't the "gauntlet" of campaign workers trying to give you their spiel on the way in, in early voting you don't have to seek out a particular polling place per your precinct, don't have to worry about unforeseen circumstances keeping you from casting your vote on election day, etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painfulhead
I dont remmber this push to vote early in years past. why is this ?? I think its odd. we used to just go vote, crazy year this one...

Early voting started in Ohio because the lines were so long and it took some people 8 hrs to vote last election. I would assume the same for the other states.

edit on 2-11-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I will not be voting. I cannot lend my energy and support to those I have ethical qualms with. That's just how my principles work. The decision with regard to how to vote (or not to vote) is different for everyone. There is a difference between apathy and principled abstention. Thus, as always, I reject the argument that I somehow lose the right to express dissatisfaction with the results both short and long term of the election on that basis. I can and will continue to do so, because the entire basis for my abstention is based on my principles in contrast to the actions of our leaders and representatives. And none of the available alternatives meet with my ethical standards, personally.

That said, I urge everyone as always to vote (or not vote) their conscience. I never attack anyone for their voting decisions or seek to invalidate their right to an opinion on the basis of how they vote.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join