It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the ouija board alone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Come on INFINITE dont keep me in suspense, What's your story that it scared you .

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have two stories about ouija boards that I've heard about. The first came from a friend of mine named Pat. He was at party one night back in 1987. People were playing with a ouija board at this party and I don't think he took it very seroius at all. Anyways he asked the board to kill a class mate that was named Ross. Pat leaves the party and gos home probably thinking this whole ouija is nothing but b.s., but he ends up waking up with a sharp pain in his arm, so he proceeds to freezer for an ice-pack. He ends up going to school that very next morning and we find out that Ross is dead. I've talked to him about this event a few over the years and new details come out. I totally believe there was a link to what he did with ouija board and Ross ending up dead.

My other story is one my wife told me about. Her neighbor had a board and just the two of them would play with it. One time they were using it, it spelled out "kill the dog" and it kept saying this several times. The actual piece that you'd touch came flying of the board when nobody was even by it. They ended up burning the board up.

I've never touched a ouija board myself and have no plans on doing so.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I've heard about drugs being an easy medium for possession, but I haven't heard of meth in particular being a better medium than others. However, I guess it makes sense. Some hallucinogens are so wild that there's little time to even suggest demonic possession and instead there is a very intense and new anti-physics reality to deal with and not a lot of sensible coping abilities left. However, the people that I have seen on meth, their minds seem to be going 90 to nothing with most of their senses about them as opposed to the complete almost waking unconsciousness of other drugs. I've never done anything other than some pot dabbling in the past, but I can kind of imagine how meth might be more conducive to possession.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I wonder why these things are lacking?

Could be the same reason we can't "see" a charge, or air currents, or gravity, etc. Sure, we can see the effects each has, but observing such phenomena are outside of our normal 5 senses. Indeed, there are likely all kinds of forces that we haven't learned to measure with instruments yet as well.

Yes thanks Gazrok, you make a good point.
I was just thinking though, from all the stories of ouija boards people have, either directly, or a friend of a friend, is it all just in the mind? The power of it I mean. Like old man dithers up on the hill in a scary old shack died and his house is haunted, if you go up there on a moon lit night you'll see him swinging in the closet, you're bound to be a little scared and your imagination plays tricks on you. But then again maybe that's where the 'power' of it lies, it opens you up to suggestion because so many people in the six degrees of seperation have had an experience with a spirit. You're expecting something to happen. If a ouija board didn't have so much hype, I'm not sure it would work the way it seems. Kinda like people have been saying here how drugs open you up, you're all giggly and spooked waiting for a message. Maybe it's coincidences that happen after and we link them back to the board also. I am rambling here but I think I have some valid points up there lol.... basically the board is hyped up by at least one person present, so someone is more susceptible to a spiritual encounter from using it. Someday I'll use paragraphs, but not today! Happy Christmas..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join