It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the ouija board alone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
How many here have tried this?
It works very well for me alone, better alone than with another person...but it works with more than one as well.

I wonder what it feeds off to make some more capable than others. (It is not the location you are using it)

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hi Angela
No I have never tried it and I never will, but I will ask you to try something the next time your on the board, ask it to spell Jesus. Hey might as well go the whole hog. Ask it to spell Jesus is Lord.
My girlfriend was in I think grade 6 in primary school and some kids at recess were playing with one. She asked it to spell Jesus. The result was the glass they were using shattered and the girls went screaming in all directions.
Ouiji boards are spiritually powerful but there is a catch. You are tapping into an evil power source and it's one goal is to entrap you in it's evil web. That power source recognises and fears Jesus because He defeated them and they know it. Keep safe and let me know what happens

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Ohhh I can see this thread turning nasty!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I have never used one, but would be inclined if given the chance. The one thing that I cant understand is how can something that is made on an assembly line, sold at most major toy stores and is made by Milton Bradlely (or Parker Brothers) can have these spiritual connections. Can someone elaborate on this for me.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
well money is obviously more important for them than safety, plus they're not really sure about its effects, or too skeptic.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Angela, now I am going to tell you this once. What you are doing is very real and powerful. You may very well regret your actions seriously. There are cases of the ouiji board driving people to suicide. I'm am not going to say it is evil or good. But I will say that in every case I have heard of, no one has ever had a good outcome. Especially in your house, you are creating a spiritual realm and gateway, and what ever you let in... Well do i really have to continue. You should be careful and reconcider thinking that the ouiji board is all fun and games, I still wonder why its sold at toys r us.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It's easy to think that it's all about the board or maybe the planchet, but they are both just props. What's actually going in is a form of channeling. The props are there simply to help you achieve a certain state of mind, sort of like a hypnotist's watch.

As it turns out, that's what pretty much all magic props are for -- the powers and abilities lie within you, not inside inanimate objects.

Channeling is neither good or evil in itself. It can be a synonym for "talking to spirits", who may very well be benevolent and care about you, but it can also refer to surrendering control over your body to a spirit that may not have your best interests in mind.

The spirit world is an extremely big playground, and lots of spirits play there (including ours whether we know it or not). Just as you can't expect every stranger you meet in a big city to be nice to you, so it is with spiritual channeling.

The primary danger with Ouija boards lies in the premise: allowing other spirits to control the movements of your body.

I suggest that this is not a privilege you would want to grant to anyone, let alone a stranger.

If you seek information from "beyond", I strongly recommend inward meditation instead. If you're curious about what sorts of things can come from that humble pastime, check out one of the threads linked in my signature block.

Meditation blows the doors off Ouija boards anyplace, anytime, and the advantages are too numerous to list. But one of them is that when you contact a spirit, you are far more likely to sense whether or not it is truly friendly -- although you must always beware, for some spirits are extremely clever. But with a Ouija board, you will tend to be flying blind, which is far more hazardous.

Just remember what it is you are doing when you seek to communicate with those who are not incarnate, and don't allow others to deceive you into misfortune.

Take it from someone who learned this lesson the hard way.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Is it possible to reach a desired spirit, such as a lost friend or loved one, with a oujii board? I am debating weather or not to try it. My family lost a dear friend 2 years ago in December, and I would love to try to speak with her.

Majic: Can you check out my post HERE and tell me if it would be a bad idea for me to attempt contact like this.

Thanks
Fry

[edit on 10/20/2004 by frey51]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Zenyatta Recommendatta

frey51, I posted some recommendations to your thread for you to consider and adopt as you see fit.

My impression is that you already have a substantial degree of awareness about our spiritual nature, but wish to understand it better, as do most of us.

It is extremely tempting to use such things as Ouija boards, or in my case pentagrams, as expedients to make spiritual contacts, but they are really just props, foci used to help you open your mind to what is always there.

Having done some rather rash things in the past myself, the main lesson I have learned is that patience is a definite virtue.

These things have apparently been happening to some degree or another all your life, so if it takes a few months to meditate about them and explore them with the most powerful tool you have (your mind), that's really not such a bad deal.

Doing It Right The First Time

Unless I am very much mistaken, we all have enough time in our lives to set some aside to just think about things. At least, I have never met anyone who has regretted doing so.

I'm not a psychic, but I suspect that you will find much better answers within your own mind than from an unknown disembodied spirit.

If you encounter interference or opposition to your meditations, or see increased bad behavior on the part of certain spirits, please let me know, and bear in mind that they act up because they are afraid.

Though you may see some resentment on the part of some spirits as your meditations progress, but usually by then you have already learned that you need not fear any other spirit at all.

Setting The Right Mood

If I am at all right, we are all far more alike than different, none of us is more important than another, we are all truly immortal and we are all necessary to Creation.

Knowing this tends to make spiritual encounters much more enjoyable and beneficial, as well as set a more suitable tone for interactions with spirits -- not as slaves or masters, but brothers and sisters.

Since I started meditating, I have shed a great deal of fear and have found that the grounding meditation provides helps make things go much better spiritually.

Thus the broken record routine about meditating.

More To The Point

So, should you try to contact a lost friend? It seems like a simple enough decision, doesn�t it? Who wouldn�t want to say one last goodbye?

I lost a good friend myself almost a year ago, and it was difficult for me. So far, I have chosen not to try to contact him. I know I have felt his presence -- right after he died, in fact, and only occasionally after. But it was nothing more, just a feeling of closeness.

An important question to answer before deciding to contact a deceased loved one is: why? Is it for your benefit or theirs? What do you really want to say, and what do you really want to hear?

In my case, if I had the chance, all I would really want to say is �thanks�. I think he already knows how I feel anyway, and that�s good enough for me.

Whether or not that�s good enough for you is a decision only you can make.

Having said that, I can say that I have some extensive encounters with a spirit I have known before, and that I am fairly sure anyone else can do likewise.

In my opinion, the best way to handle such things is to relax, meditate, ease your mind, and let them come to you -- if they choose to. Spirits have their own interests and affairs to attend to, and are thus not always available when you want them, so don�t take it the wrong way if you seem to get snubbed.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kanga
Hi Angela
No I have never tried it and I never will, but I will ask you to try something the next time your on the board, ask it to spell Jesus. Hey might as well go the whole hog. Ask it to spell Jesus is Lord.
My girlfriend was in I think grade 6 in primary school and some kids at recess were playing with one. She asked it to spell Jesus. The result was the glass they were using shattered and the girls went screaming in all directions.
Ouiji boards are spiritually powerful but there is a catch. You are tapping into an evil power source and it's one goal is to entrap you in it's evil web. That power source recognises and fears Jesus because He defeated them and they know it. Keep safe and let me know what happens

Interesting post kanga, thanks.

I only have one event to tell on this:

I was at a friend's house in his room which was across the hall from the room his brother was in. His brother was with two of his friends (they were kind of the bullys of the neighborhood, loved getting into fights, etc.) Next thing I know I hear a loud wooden slap and the two friends of the brother went bolting down the stairs and ran out of the house. My friend's bro came out looking a little shaken up (a look I'd never seen this tough-guy have) so we asked what happened. He said they had called up something and asked who it served and it spelled Satan. Then the board flew up and stuck against the wood paneled wall and stayed there until his two friends left. After that, it slid down, falling to the floor. I wasn't in the room, but heard the loud slap of wood. Friend's brother was shaken but didn't believe in religion nor touched the board again.

That's all I've witnessed on boards themselves other than an uncomfortable pull when I'm near them. A sickly gravity I get around similar objects whether I realize what they're used for/representing or not.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just for what's it worth the Ouija isn't a toy and IMHO shouldn't be messed with at all. I am experianced and know how to protect myself and I don't mess with them....Playing with the Quija is just asking for trouble.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by frey51
I have never used one, but would be inclined if given the chance. The one thing that I cant understand is how can something that is made on an assembly line, sold at most major toy stores and is made by Milton Bradlely (or Parker Brothers) can have these spiritual connections. Can someone elaborate on this for me.

Ouiji boards have been around a long time before the board game industry decided to exploit it for profit.
It's not the board itself, you can use anything.
We used to cut up pieces of paper with letters on, arange them in a circle with yes and no in the middle, on a table. We used a glass for the "pointer" (not sure the proper name). Light a lot of candles, black ones are good...lol. Always good for a laugh.

www.jaguarmoon.org...

edit: Never done it by myself, I always thought it was the combined power of 2 or more people that made it work. Anyway how can you accuse the other person of moving the pointer when ya by yourself..LOL

[edit on 103131p://081010 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Ouiji boards have been around a long time before the board game industry decided to exploit it for profit.
It's not the board itself, you can use anything.
We used to cut up pieces of paper with letters on, arange them in a circle with yes and no in the middle, on a table. We used a glass for the "pointer"

[edit on 103131p://081010 by ANOK]

This exactly true! What makes it dangerous is that you are opening yourself, creating an invitation, from whatever comes through....there are ways to protect yourself, but the majority of people have no idea what they are doing...they are playing.....I am not Christian and I don't believe in "Satan" as they do.....but there are negative entities and you offer any of them to come through.....they are sly and they will tell you enough fact and truth to fool you.....you'd do better to study and learn...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I am going to basically say what others have said, except louder:

DO NOT PLAY WITH OUIJI BOARDS

They are props indeed, but they are designed, to invite random entities, and most of the time, people end up with wrong entities. Has anyone seen that Brit horror movie about a group of kids who invite a fire demon,and then kills them all one by one.

When I call spirits, I first ask for protection: Will god cast a golden white light all around me, to protect me from all that is negative and impure, and visualize a golden-white light encasing me from head to toe. I then ask my spirits guides and angels to come close to me.

When you have gods light around you, and your guides and angels close to you, then no harm will come to you. Make sure you are protected from any darker forces.

However, even if you are protected, I still don't recommend using a ouji board. The prop itself carries a largely negative energy. In the same way the hand gesture of the devil seen flashed around in the younger generation today, but to connote liberation, is nonetheless, a symbol of the devil, and carries it's own energy.

Just because some toy company is making them, does not negate what they are. Toy makers are even promoting sexuality in childrem. Remember, if it's on disney, it's not necessarily a good thing.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Alright I am going to tell you my impression about the ouija board. About 2 years ago I decided to try and make my own Ouija board. I was at one of my friends house at the time and so I proposed to make our own board. We were about 5 people in the house and none of us had any experience with the board. I made the board from carton and we then proceeded to play. We set down outside by the pool at night and lighted couple of candles. Anyway the ouija board only worked when one certain person was included. I guess she was the medium and she is the one who was asking the questions. We asked the board many questions but mostly the answers were vague yet we all were excited and scared at the same time. Then I noticed something interesting. I noticed that the plate will move or spell the exact word I requested in my mind. I know that I did not move the plate and yet for some reason it did go wherever I wanted it to go, especially it moved faster when I looked at the desired letter. I of course did not tell anybody of what I discovered so that I can prove myself that it was legit. I said to the medium (her name was Malvina) to ask the spirit who do I love. I made the answer to be funny as hell. It spelled Alex. Everybody laughed because Alex was my friend and both of us were heterosexuals males :-) LOL! So my conclusion from my personal experience has got me to think that ouija board has nothing really to do with spirits. Yet I keep hearing people telling stories about negative spirits and poltergeist. I am not denying that this might be the case but in my case it was obvious that I was the one who was controlling the plate to move wherever I wanted it to move without touching.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by EuroBeat4ever]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
From AngelaLadyS's previous posts, I'd say it's safe to say she knows what she's doing, and is experienced in such matters...

I find more success with automatic writing (and it's a lot quicker than Ouija) but it does have the same dangers as well (i.e. opening yourself up to a realm in which evil also dwells). I'm hoping that she's taking some necessary precautions to be able to resist such an entity.

To have this kind of success, means you likely reached a benign, yet powerful entity, who can keep the nasties at bay longer than most. In my own experience, such good entities seem to be unable to do this for more than a few sessions, before some dark imposter creeps in. Or, more dangerously, you've reached a VERY tricky entity, who is continuing to masquerade as your initial contact...and eventually will seek possession.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ive heard of many instances where friends have been pushed, or somewhat assaulted when playing with the Quija board. I have not tried ever, but I of course would like to, only to see what the experience feels like. Though there is controversy over how the whole event is psychosymatic.

Anyone have tales they swear by were true?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This one is pretty cool. I've used it alone although they warn you not too.

www.witchboard.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I didnt read all of this as im very tired but I just wanted to put in this story that I find very beleiveable.

These are taken from here also a very good read if I do say so.

The story is very fightening soley because I beleive it. I think its true because the people showed up with burns and cuts, why would someone do that to themselves for a hoax?

"A simple Ouija board became a passport to Hell for a family that accidently summoned a demon into their living room. "I thought it might have been the Devil himself," says John Ravens, father of the tormented family. "When it was over, we were all bleeding and had severe burn marks. Our living room was a disaster area."

"It was supposed to be a joke," says Gloria, the girl's mother. "We were going to make believe we were talking with the spirit world."

Little Lynda, her nine-year-old brother Ronald, and their parents gathered around the board for what they thought was going to be an evening of fun at their home in a Toronto, Canada suburb. "We were just playing around with it when suddenly the planchette that spells out answers began moving by itself," says John. "We were all scared, but then I thought maybe one of the kids was up to tricks. We started asking questions, and this spirit began speaking to us. "Then it asked if it could visit with us. By this time, I was sure someone was playing a joke, and I said yes," he adds.

That's when the nightmare began. "The demon appeared within seconds," says John. "It spun around the room overhead, laughing and cursing at us. "It was surrounded by a ring of fire and the room became so hot, it was like an inferno from Hell." The family describes the demon as red and black with scaly skin and horns. It also had giant bat wings. "Then it suddenly swooped down and attacked us," recalls John, horror flickering over his features. "It started biting each of us on the face and arms. "We tried getting up and running for the door, but every time we did, the creature started clawing us. It was so fast, we couldn't escape from it."

Lynda and brother Ronald were picked up repeatedly and hurled across the room. As they lay helplessly on the floor, the creature pounded on their chests and heads. "It had hooves that dug into my children's faces and skin, marking them badly," says Gloria. The attack lasted for more than an hour before the horrifying demon vanished as quickly as it first appeared. The children were screaming and crying as John pulled them out of the house and drove to a nearby hospital, where they were treated for cuts and burns. "

Whether it really is true or not? I dont know, but I tend to think that it is. I dont see any reason for someone to make this up, and report to the hospital afterwords with the inflictions. I may be wrong though, the only people that really know are the family, make what you will of it.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Delirious]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Whenever I have played alone nothing has happened. Maybe it is because I got too nervous and aborted my solo mission prematurely. I have seen some very interesting things occur while playing and while watching others play Mr. Ouija. It has predicted the future, and claimed to be SATAN. I now do not have anyone worthwhile to play with. In my experience, who you play with makes all the difference.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join