It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fahrenheit 9/11 To Be Free in Rental Stores.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What is 'mendelea' supposed to mean?

This is a reference to doing embryonic stem cell research. The premise that we can get cures for all of lifes ills at the expense of the unborn seemed to be the same philosphy that joseph Mendele and his ilk had at Auscwhitz Concentration Camp. Their they were using genetics to try to come up with the "master race." When 18 other Doctors, Mendele was not alone, he was just the head, were tried in Nuremburg, they used the excuse of "They were going to be eliminated anyway, so we used them for the betterment of man." This was rejected and they were sentenced to hang. This is the exact same arguement being used by proponets of ESCR (embryonic stem cell research) now. "they are going to be destroyed anyway, look at the good we can do for men." I find ESCR revolting. I do support Adult Stem Cell Research, I think we can do a lot of good with it.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls

What is 'mendelea' supposed to mean?

This is a reference to doing embryonic stem cell research. The premise that we can get cures for all of lifes ills at the expense of the unborn seemed to be the same philosphy that joseph Mendele and his ilk had at Auscwhitz Concentration Camp.

Mengele. And no, its not the same premise at all. How can you even think to compare developing cures for terrible diseases by using embryos that are slated for being disposed of as medical was to torturing and maiming adults and children?! Its disgusting. Mengele would sew chilren together to see if it had any effects. THey'd take prisoners and freeze them to death to see what effects it had. Stem cell research takes something that is literally being disposed of as garbage and tries to cure terrible diseases with it. Get your facts and history straight.

Their they were using genetics to try to come up with the "master race."

No, they were not. The nazis and many other people tried to use the discredited 'science; of eugenics, not actual genetics.

they used the excuse of "They were going to be eliminated anyway, so we used them for the betterment of man." This was rejected and they were sentenced to hang. This is the exact same arguement being used by proponets of ESCR (embryonic stem cell research) now. "they are going to be destroyed anyway, look at the good we can do for men." I find ESCR revolting.

You're revolting. The nazis were rounding up and executing people, and these 'doctors' were performing horrible maiming experiments on them. The 'embryos' you are talking about are in the multi cell stage, they haven't even differentiated into different tissues, thats why they are being used!

I do support Adult Stem Cell Research, I think we can do a lot of good with it.

Why? An adult equipotent cell is the same as an embryonic equipotent cell. Neither is a human being. If a person is opposed to it, then thats one story, but don't denigrate what the nazis and mengele did during world war II to compare it to modern stem cell research.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
does the truth hurt? you said so your self, they are going to be placed in the garbage can anyway. Same argument made at nuremburg. I'm sick, I believe that life begins at conception. Same as Kerry, or so he says. If I believe this and the destroying of an embryo is the only way to harvest stem cells, then yes I believe that this is genocide. How can you say that it's not. Mendele did do the things you wrote, but he was a geneticist. read his story, he was facinated by twins, and their geneticism. You want to kill a life in order to try to see if stem cells can cure all kinds of ill. This has not been proved to work.

The reason you take such a strong stance against me is because in your heart know that I am right. The ends do not justify the means.

By the way, Adults who give stem cells do not die, but embryo's do.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Personally I am grateful that Michael Moore is making some money in any way he can, maybe he will buy some soap and shampoo, and if God wishes to bless us greatly even deodorant. The man is as scruffy as his movies.

OOOOOHHHHHH you so bbbbbaaaaaddddd, but I agree he does look like a basement geek who dont wash because he has noone that wishes to see him so he just stays in his basement with cardboard cut outs of models as dates and thinks about nothing but how to screw with the world in a differnt way everyday

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
does the truth hurt? you said so your self, they are going to be placed in the garbage can anyway. Same argument made at nuremburg.

Uhm, no. They were trying to justify torture and mutilation of enslaved citizens by saying 'well we were going to shoot them anyway'. I am saying that its better to use cells for to cure these terrible diseases rather than incinerate them or dump them in landfills.

If I believe this and the destroying of an embryo is the only way to harvest stem cells, then yes I believe that this is genocide.

Genocide? genocide has to be directed against a particular group of people. At least call it mass murder, that has the same effect you are looking for.

How can you say that it's not.

Because it isn't. Mengele wasn't doing genetics research. He was butchering people. Sewing twins together isn't going genetics research.

Mendele did do the things you wrote, but he was a geneticist. read his story

I know about mengele's research well enough to know that its not spelled "mendele", so I apologize if I don't accept your opinion of his branch of 'research'.

You want to kill a life in order to try to see if stem cells can cure all kinds of ill.

These things are not alive. They are the frozen leavings of fertility practices.

This has not been proved to work.

When has it been proven that stem cells can't cure anything?

The reason you take such a strong stance against me is because in your heart know that I am right. The ends do not justify the means.

I take a strong stance against you because you are utterly wrong on using stem cells being morally wrong, and completely wrong on the comparison between stem cell research and nazi death camps.

By the way, Adults who give stem cells do not die, but embryo's do.

Embryos die every day, all the time, and no one does a thing about it. People don't bury miscarriages, and they don't try to resucitate them. These embryos are frozen in stasis, they aren't even alive. If they are used for stem cell research, some of the cells undergo cell division. If they aren't, they are disposed of and rot. They're a clump of cells, not a human being.
[Edited to fix attributions]

[edit on 21-10-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Bumping this thread to tell you the following:

Fahrenheit 9/11 will be aired on major german TV station on november 1st, Moore has been doing some propaganda work in Europe too I guess.

F 9/11 isn't even out on DVD/Video in Germany yet, and it is being shown on TV

I am, of course, glad about it. Always a pleasure, and a lot of laugh, to watch Moore's work

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
joesph Goebbels returns to Germany. Moore really is Kerry director of propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join