It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fahrenheit 9/11 To Be Free in Rental Stores.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Fred, you are so funny,
. How can it be "unfair", Moore's spending money traveling all over to speak...

Actually, Michael Moore charges around $3000 per speech, which the colleges he speaks at pays him. He's not only breaking even, he's making a profit.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
He's not only breaking even, he's making a profit.

Oohh...evil, evil man.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I havent seen it yet but it is only 19.00 at walmart but free sounds better but where do you think something like this is going to fly in Oklahoma. I dont understand why they would make it free and if it is where can I go close to home

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

He's not only breaking even, he's making a profit.

Oohh...evil, evil man.

What's evil about it?

...Oh, you meant that I thought it was evil that he makes a profit from his movie? Not at all -- I love capitalism.
It's just that a lot of people think that Michael Moore is spending his life savings promoting his movie, and that his movie is non-profit or something. Which is simply not true.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
why make the movie if your not going to make money on it surely not just because he can embarress the goverment cause you can do this free by going on any chat channel or news and debate channel and do the same thing just provide them with yourself and some clips and get after it dude

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Actually, Michael Moore charges around $3000 per speech, which the colleges he speaks at pays him. He's not only breaking even, he's making a profit.

Do you have your figures right? I think it is closer to $30,000 per speech. There was an incident at a university recently (in Arizona, I think) where MM was scheduled to speak. Local Republicans offfered a $100K donation to the school for the opportunity to send a local Republican to debate Moore. The school flatly turned down the offer, saying they didn't want to be told how to vote.

Typical academia - pander to the liberals. That all changes, of course, when they have to pay their own way in society and they reach for their wallet only to find a Democrat's hand in their pocket.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is so hypocritical! Whining about Sinclair and then turning around thinking Moore is so great to do this. I just have to laugh. Some people can dish it out but boy, they cannot take it!

Someone mentioned there should be a Celsius 9/11. There is a movie that rebuts Moores' movie. It's called FahrenHYPE 9/11. Of course it's difficult to come by in the video store because it is always checked out and they have limited copies, but you can purchase it online.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The simple answer is this, Democrats are jack-booted brown shirts who use fear and smear as their tactic to win elections. Micheal Moore is Joesph Goebbels, they believe in the use of Mendelean research in order to cure all of our ills, they believe that the party or government out weighs the civil rights of it's citizenry, They want your Guns, they want your money, they want to run your lives, telling you which doctor you can see, when you an go and where you can go. They believe that no man can pray in public place unless it to pray to them.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'll be glad when this election is over so Bush can get on with destroying the world.

Can someone give me an example of a half-truth?

We can then discuss the truthful aspect of that half-truth, and then have the pro-Bush lobby tell us it's a lie.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Personally I am grateful that Michael Moore is making some money in any way he can, maybe he will buy some soap and shampoo, and if God wishes to bless us greatly even deodorant. The man is as scruffy as his movies.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Personally I am grateful that Michael Moore is making some money in any way he can, maybe he will buy some soap and shampoo, and if God wishes to bless us greatly even deodorant. The man is as scruffy as his movies.

I agree with you. I wouldn't waste my time going to see that film he should toss it in the garbage where it belongs.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Er...yeah...!! That should make his political view point more valid, cos' people who wash and wear suits are honest upstanding citizens aren't they. Come on Mynah you can do better than that.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
micheal moore stars in a new movie, he plays the part of joesph Goebbels.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I agree with you. I wouldn't waste my time going to see that film he should toss it in the garbage where it belongs.

micheal moore stars in a new movie, he plays the part of joesph Goebbels.

Well, I guess i'm beaten, there is no way I can argue against these well constructed viewpoints.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Er...yeah...!! That should make his political view point more valid, cos' people who wash and wear suits are honest upstanding citizens aren't they. Come on Mynah you can do better than that.

Koka: Nope , you are right being clean and presentable does not make you an honest upstanding citizen, but it does make you more palatable to the humans you interact with. It makes it much easier for you to sell your lies and half truths, we all know that people prefer their con men glib and slick. There is no way that anybody can convince americans that he is just exposing the truth to the people there was just too much misinformation and it has been too opportunistic in timing! He is rolling in the love and support he is getting from the democrats like a potbellied pig in a mulch patch.

And good morning to you also, Koka

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Koka: Nope , you are right being clean and presentable does not make you an honest upstanding citizen, but it does make you more palatable to the humans you interact with. It makes it much easier for you to sell your lies and half truths, we all know that people prefer their con men glib and slick. There is no way that anybody can convince americans that he is just exposing the truth to the people there was just too much misinformation and it has been too opportunistic in timing! He is rolling in the love and support he is getting from the democrats like a potbellied pig in a mulch patch.

And good morning to you also, Koka

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Mynaeris]

You're actually trying to tell me that MM would have been believed by more Americans had he been wearing a suit?

It's common knowledge that God created suits for Weddings, Funerals and Politicians, as stated in your previous post "Glib & Slick".

As for misinformation and half truths, I believe that MM actually addressed most if not all accusations: Fahrenheit 9/11 Notes + Sources

Unlike the present President of good old Uncle US of A.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's a nice bit of PR for Moore, but it's really nothing. It's a handful of Mom & Pop video stores in a handful of states. Half of all locations are in Washington State. I'm impressed to see a couple of adds in Florida now, but still... these are 'indy' video hubs to start with not likely to attract any Catholic swing voters, or Security Moms.

I'm not explaining this to discount Moore's effort, or those of these small business owners, just clarify for anyone waiting for a free copy that they will be waiting a long, long time or driving a long, long way.

You still have to buy it. PPV backed out, and Sinclair refused to air it in balance for Kerry, despite being offered it for free. They would have CLEANED UP, but apparently conservatives aren't capitalists anymore.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

You're actually trying to tell me that MM would have been believed by more Americans had he been wearing a suit?

No, just the type who relate to a blue jean ball cap wearing slob with a scruffy 3 day beard. "Hey, he'd never lie to us! Just look at him - he's just like me and you!"

Oldest trick in the book and people still fall for it.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Funny where are all the cries of unfair when Sinclair was going to broadcast the Kerry piece? What a bunch hypocrites.

Entirely different. This is public television. This isn't presented as a documentary, and certainly isn't presented as unbiased. If you want to consider it as falling under the classification of political ad, then what provisions isn't it complying with? Also, michael moore is stupid pig, but he's not a government contractor, or a fox news analyst, or a member of any government's administration. So why is it hypocritical? Isn't it then hypocritical to not blast sinclair?

thundercloudYou can turn the channel, or turn the TV off

So you also advocate eliminating regulations on poltical ads altogether?

jsobecky
Local Republicans offfered a $100K donation to the school for the opportunity to send a local Republican to debate

Really? In utah they were bribing the student coucnil that invited him there to have him -not show up-.

jrsdls
they believe in the use of Mendelean research in order to cure all of our ills

What is 'mendelea' supposed to mean?

They believe that no man can pray in public place unless it to pray to them.

Ludicrous. Absolutely no democrat or anyone is advocating making public prayer illegal. In schools and courts, people have been advocating that students not be forced to participate in prayers. Your saying this is like idiots ranting that bush is a nazi.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
I don't like the idea that a propaganda piece can influence the election.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with propaganda influencing elections. Moore has every right as a leftist propagandist to make a movie, distort things however he wants, and sell it or give it away for free. Sinclair does not have a right, however, to create propaganda, insert it onto public airwaves, claim its a documentary, and at the same time be made up of people who have served for various government administrations, all the while saying that they shouldn't be subject to the same rules as other poltical ads.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join