It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christie orders Halloween in N.J. postponed until Monday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Christie orders Halloween in N.J. postponed until Monday

www.nj.com

TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie today signed an executive order to postpone Halloween until Monday because of unsafe conditions throughout New Jersey in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.

“In too many communities in our state, the damage and losses from this storm are still being sorted out, and dangerous conditions abound even as our emergency management and response officials continue their work," Christie said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is easily the funniest thing I've ever read and while there are some communities who's Halloween has most certainly been canceled in the light of recent events the thought of Christie signing an executive order to postpone Trick-or-Treating just tickles me so.

What's next? An executive order moving Christmas up so the Mayan calender doesn't end first

www.nj.com

edit: for the record, would have been nice to move it to a Weekend, since you have the power to move it after all.
edit on 10/31/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

edit on Mon Apr 22 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: personal info ---removed by request

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Ooookay...
Just what point are you trying to prove here? So he postponed Halloween, so what?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I don't know how you can actually move a holiday, and it still have the same meaning. Honestly, those folks need to worry about more important things, than consuming massive amounts of alcohol, and eating junk food. But yeah, I could see christie pretty disappointed that he can't have his junk food.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
over reaching power of government, how dare they postpone Halloween....what about the children, think of the children.....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrisMajor
reply to post by eNumbra

Ooookay...
Just what point are you trying to prove here? So he postponed Halloween, so what?

Absurdity.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Oh ya??

Well, I order Monday postponed until further notice! It will remain the weekend until I say otherwise!

How do you postpone a date? Is he issuing a marshall order that forbids trick or treating until Monday? Is the city planning come kind of Halloween celebration that will be postponed? Is the place supposed to be all spiffy and new again in 5 days?

Sorry, maybe I'm jaded, I'm just tired of hearing anything about Christie, and I'm tired of hearing politicians make bold statements that are utterly meaningless.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrisMajor
reply to post by eNumbra

Ooookay...

It took an executive order, that by the way people pay taxes for.

Don't you think his time and taxpayers money could have been spent on more important issues?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
just think,
Nock*nock*nock*….(kids) “Trick or treat”.

(Adult) “ didn’t you kids get the memo, Halloweens been postponed by order of the governor, now get out of here” (adult) slams door.

(kids) "awwwww" (walking away with head hung low)

edit on 31-10-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This headline should've read: Dictator Chris Christie dictates his decree unto the common folk of N.J.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Could he maybe postpone Halloween across the states? I postponed buying my Halloween costume and now must resort to wearing cat ears for the 5th time in my life. Plz don't make me do this

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
This is easily the funniest thing I've ever read and while there are some communities who's Halloween has most certainly been canceled in the light of recent events the thought of Christie signing an executive order to postpone Trick-or-Treating just tickles me so.

What's next? An executive order moving Christmas up so the Mayan calender doesn't end first

www.nj.com

edit: for the record, would have been nice to move it to a Weekend, since you have the power to move it after all.
edit on 10/31/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

How morose.

of course people should not be out if it is dangerous. And i would suspect that if it is dangerous most porch lights will be turned off.

But is this the nanny state we have become? Where you have some buffoon signing executive orders trying to curtail your freedom of choice?

Glad to see he is making good use of his time, thinking for the unwashed masses. sadly, the "unwashed masses" likely are stupid enough to have to be told, which brings up Pythagoras:

"When free men need laws they are no longer fit for freedom".

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I can't imagine any kids trying to trick-or-treat there anyway. I can imagine families gathering around a flash light or lantern to tell spooky stories. That's sounds like a nice alternative for anyone there with kids.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well my warm wishes for happiness and fun go out to every single child in the US and those affected by this storm in addition to all the medical, and substantial physical help every family who is affected may need. I imagine many kids will be holding halloween parties in their homes and with friends instead.

I feel bad because the kids are all getting ready, working on their costumes and makeup, the pumpkins are ready, and the kitchen clean up is beginning. Kids are really looking forward to this.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What I want to know, is why didn't he use his executive power, and wave his pen, and stand upon his podium and demand that Sandy be postponed until after Halloween? Or perhaps cast her back out to sea never to return again?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't think the governor is just trying to "control" just keeping things organized since people couldn't celebrate and don't want others to miss out if they do...

A late Halloween is better than NO Halloween and the post-poning was not the governer's "fault"

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Protip:

No on thinks it is anyones fault. At least not as stated in this thread.

The premise here is that it is ludicrous. Laughable. As a metaphor: the roof on the house just collapsed and he went out and bought some of those little plastic pinwheels that you blow on to make spin.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
What I want to know, is why didn't he use his executive power, and wave his pen, and stand upon his podium and demand that Sandy be postponed until after Halloween? Or perhaps cast her back out to sea never to return again?

Right! Can you imagine all the cries of HAARP if that had happened! ATS would be lit up!

I can see the headlines!

SANDY WAS CREATED TO MAKE US BELIEVE THAT CHRISTIE IS IMORTAL!
CHRISTIE IS THE ANTICHRIST!
CHRISTIE CAST A SPELL ON SANDY! AND NOW SHE'S HIS!

new topics

top topics

join