It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Francis Ridge and the Nuclear Connection Project.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
NICAP Coordinator Francis Ridge has been quite a busy chap with UFO research over the years and, as well as establishing their main website for archived material like the GSID and Chronologies section, he's also brought together quite a few like minded researchers who actively investigate aspects like government documentary evidence and specific UFO incidents..

NICAP Action Team:

In December of 1997, I set up the NICAP web site to house archived data and later set up the NICAP A-Team to peer review that data. While my team compiled UFO data for over ten years from the earliest days to, by now, the 1990's, a tremendous amount of information and expertise was in place.

Currently the NICAP Action Team is made up of 27 members. Our mission is to have and maintain a peer-reviewed source for the best UFO information in the world. All the major organizations are represented in our A-Team and it includes some of the best-known experts in the UFO field.

Member List

He can be seen here discussing an 'S5P5' case and has also done some great work exposing how many USAF explanations are in need of serious reappraisal - there's also the 'Nuclear Connection Project' he established in 2003 which (obviously) deals with the subject of UFOs visiting Nuclear Energy Sites and he and Jan Aldrich make some interesting comments below about how a Bluebook file containing 63 cases of UFOs over nuclear installations went 'missing'.

Almost from the beginning of the Air Force UFO investigations, patterns were starting to emerge, and the cover-up was already in place. Researcher & NCP member, Jan Aldrich notes:

In a 1952 LOOK article, Ruppelt mentions a file of 63 cases of UFOs over nuclear installations, but such a file is not in currently declassified Blue Book files.

NCP-16: National Security, Missing Files, The Nuclear Key

There's also this relevant article which shows a nice illustration from an Air force manual and deals with an 'ominous correlation' between UFOs and atomic energy installations (even back in Ruppelt's era) - it also mentions the connection was discussed at a Pentagon conference and lists specific cases like the Savannah River, Hanford and Oak Ridge incidents.

This official flying disc illustration is taken from an Air Force Intelligence Manual, AFM 200-3, Chapter 9, page 3. The caption reads: "The Air Technical Intelligence Center is responsible for the prevention of technological surprise."

NCP-05: UFOs Continue to Visit Nuclear Energy Sites

Looking back over the years during the 40th anniversary of UFOs in modern times (JUNE 24,1987) it is interesting to note that UFOs have been seen and recorded near various atomic energy locations in this country and overseas. This link was first noticed by Captain Edward Ruppelt in 1952 and reported in a LOOK magazine article (JUNE 24,1952) titled "Hunt For The Flying Saucer." Captain Ruppelt, who directed the U.S. Air Force Project Blue Book at that time, when viewing a folder of 63 mystifying UFO reports that had been plotted on a map of the United States discovered that it showed "an ominous correlation" with the location of various atomic energy installations. LOOK magazine learned that some high ranking officers had taken note of this fact and had then held a Pentagon conference to discuss these numerous strange concentrations that have continued to this day.

Such incidents at the Savannah River, Hanford, Los Alamos, Oak Ridge, McGuire , Cherokee and Indian Point nuclear and atomic plants are of continued vital interest and concern to scientific, military, civilian and governmental observers everywhere.

link

Links:

Global Sighting Information Database (GSID)
Nuclear Connection Project

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Quite interesting.

I have always wondered why aliens are attached to nuke installations

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh

I have always wondered why aliens are attached to nuke installations

Hey Toastman, I don't know about 'aliens' but I've always wondered what the objects were in the Edwards Air Force Base Incident as described here.

Francis Ridge also pops up in this vid describing how stringent Dr Willy Smith was when recompiling the UNICAT database in 1998 and that can only be a good thing - don't know if you agree with the statement below but there's certainly some extremely interesting UFO/UAP/OVNI cases out there.

Francis Ridge, UFO researcher, site coordinator, NICAP (National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena):

'The following is what makes UFOlogy worth pursuing and is not intended for the close-minded. We already have:

1) Millions of sightings worldwide and a hundred-thousand-plus sightings are on computer (UFOCAT).

2) 3,000-plus sightings from aircraft (Dr. Richard Haines).

3) 489 radar cases, many radar/visual (Dominique Weinstein); 363 radar cases, 76 as R/V (USAF records alone).

4) 5600 trace cases documented, 4104 involving UFO visual sightings (CUFOS).

5) Over 500 cases of E-M effects associated with UFO sightings (CUFOS) and 185 E-M cases documented involving UFOs near aircraft (Dr. Richard Haines).

6) Hundreds, if not thousands, of excellent close encounters by credible obswervers whose testimony in court would be taken at face value.

7) About 4,000 (701 originally) UNKNOWNS listed in Project Blue Book files.”

link

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
5) Over 500 cases of E-M effects associated with UFO sightings (CUFOS) and 185 E-M cases documented involving UFOs near aircraft (Dr. Richard Haines).

Hey, I like this guy and the peer-review process as well. Of course I found the above fascinating, too.

I'm still digging through this, but very interesting karl 12, yet again. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I have to say the guy knows his stuff. Couldn't really understand the military speak, but interesting nonetheless.

Perhaps they are deterring us from using the weapons again, or getting an idea on how to one up us?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It makes me wonder how many craft were of saucer shape and hard steel, and how many were biological animals.

I think it is an obvious guess to say that saucer hard metal craft were of human origin. But what happens when you come across a craft with a mind of it's own?

These alien craft can grow or change shape at any moment, because the steel is living, it has a mind of it's own and it has a consciousness.

Here is my share, it is the real thing, and you can notice this is a craft not of earth that grows shape and is made of a biological alien genetic material.

What would we as earth people not believe in? We would not believe that a species one million years more advanced than us would have a spaceship that is living and has a consciousness. I think I have settled it all. I know you don't believe, because you can't.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Here is my share, it is the real thing, and you can notice this is a craft not of earth that grows shape and is made of a biological alien genetic material.

Sorry. The only thing I noticed was a 5 second clip reapeated a few times with some random rotating text that didn't seem like it had anything to do with the clip. At what point do you see it growing and how do you get that this is made from biological material?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Hey, I like this guy and the peer-review process as well. Of course I found the above fascinating, too.

I'm still digging through this, but very interesting karl 12, yet again. Thank you.

No probs Gutster, he's certainly a great researcher and it's nice to see folks on the research team like Jan Aldrich, Brad Sparks, Michael Swords etc..- don't know if you've seen his book before but it looks like the Midwest is a bit of a hotspot.

I sincerely hope that this book serves at least two purposes:

1) To illustrate how people like myself can justify the tremendous expense measured in time and money of chasing down UFO reports, and

2) To remind those who have forgotten and to educate those who simply don't know, that the history of UFOs indicates that we are dealing with a "nuts and bolts" phenomenon.

Regional Encounters - the FC files. A century of UFO sightings and Close encounters in the Mid West. - Francis Ridge (pdf).

Cheers.
edit on 30-10-2012 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh

I have to say the guy knows his stuff. Couldn't really understand the military speak, but interesting nonetheless.

Hola Toastman and I'd certainly agree with you about that - there are some pretty comprehensive listings for the Nuclear Connection Project and there's a good intelligence summary report found here (as well as a brief overview of 193 cases at this link) - have also always wondered about this case involving claims of missing USAF footage.

Cheers.

edit on 8-6-2021 by karl 12 because: Fix links

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yes. All these links are excellent. They all square nicely with my views. There is also the IDH which may also play a role in that their methods of propulsion may involve partially or completely slipping into an as yet unidentified macro dimension.

While this may seem a whacky idea, let's not forget that until recently we didn't know how little of the universe we could observe; i. e.; a few percent, the rest being called 'dark matter' and 'dark energy'.

I read Robert Schroeder's book recently where he makes a case for such based on the latest physics. The premise is that these craft create a micro black hole which has the effect (through creation of Kaluza-Klein particles) of supplanting local gravity and inertia by partial immersion into this macro dimension. The process sheds (local and craft) gravitons to a neighboring brane that attracts gravitons through a kind of equilibrium function. He bases this notion on copious research and study and observed effects on water, trees, time distortions, even light beams bending towards UFOs.

A little boning up on math and physics may be required to follow the book. Khanacademy.org and arXiv.org are good resources.

The huge Phoenix boomerang exhibited a translucent effect according to Mike Fortson who could see the moon through the craft. There was also the French pilot Jean-Charles Duboc, who noted a large disk that became translucent and disappeared completely.

NASA scientist Paul Hill wrote about effects of UFO propulsion decades ago. Richard Haines writes about one case where mechanical gyros were deflected causing the jet to swerve in the direction of the UAP, until the pilot disengaged the auto-pilot and brought it back on course. Haines wrote that these gyros weren't subject to EM influence but were strictly inertial in their operation. Karl Feindt cites examples of water being drawn upward toward low flying craft.

UFOs' attraction to nuclear sites and exposure to radiation of witnesses may indicate the power source used by these craft.

And speaking of nuclear, what do you suppose would happen to a sub should it attempt to fire on a USO? Anyone do a correlation on sightings when the Thresher and the Scorpion went down? If power went down and they were unable to pull up in time....
edit on 30-10-2012 by gguyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
We may have breached our agreement with the alien.....perhaps we were told to disarm our nukes n exchange for the technology we received.

I highly doubt the alie would ever allow humans to press the button, it would most certainly be disabled in mid flight, I imagine so....

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I enjoyed this presentation very much Karl - thank you. It gets me to thinking. At least as far as Nuclear site "UFO's" go, maybe it could be a not known "side effect" of nuclear it's self, you know, a by-product of what we do while generating nuclear and it's use like the missile silo ufos? It certainly would not explain all ufos, but it gives me reason to ponder. Hmmm... A flag for you.
Yours,
Vance

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gguyx

I read Robert Schroeder's book recently where he makes a case for such based on the latest physics. The premise is that these craft create a micro black hole which has the effect (through creation of Kaluza-Klein particles) of supplanting local gravity and inertia by partial immersion into this macro dimension. The process sheds (local and craft) gravitons to a neighboring brane that attracts gravitons through a kind of equilibrium function. He bases this notion on copious research and study and observed effects on water, trees, time distortions, even light beams bending towards UFOs.

It all gets a bit too technical for me after a certain point mate but Ufologie's Patrick Gross has provided an interesting (and relevant) sighting report below a Doctor of technical sciences in Russia, 1978.

UFO Report from N. F. Kusov - Strokino, Kazan, Russia. May, 1978

As he sat in his study he noticed an uncommon light shining from outside, apparently from behind some trees. He decided to go investigate the source and saw at about 100 feet from the light, in a clearing, a cigar shaped object, 8 meters in length, sitting on the earth at one end and up the the air at the other end, at a 45-degree angle.

Kusov approached to within 15 feet of the object, which emanated a beautiful orange light with different tints. As he approached the object even further, he suddenly felt his insides "bursting" open, he realized he was being enveloped in a low frequency, 7 hertz, field.

Kusov took several steps back, and the discomfort passed. He approached again and the same thing happened. At this point he noticed to his consternation how the rays of the sun seemed to be absorbed by the surface of the object, seemingly entering what it appeared to him as a "black hole".

Shaken by what he had seen, Kusov walked back to the dacha but suddenly broke into a run towards the object, which still sat on the ground, again he could not approach the craft due to the high degree of discomfort.

Suddenly the object rose above the earth to about 2-3 meters, and then shot away vertically upward. Kusov felt no shockwave emanating from the object's liftoff. Shocked, he stood around for 5 minutes then frightened walked back to the dacha. There, he looked at his wristwatch and was astonished to see that almost 5 hours had passed and he thought he had only been outside for 30 minutes.

link

Also, I know you would probably have heard of this one but for folks who haven't here's a great thread by Chadwickus - perhaps Robert Schroeder's onto something.

Meanwhile, as he was driving, he observed that his car headlight beams suddenly appeared to be pointing in a direction off to the right in the direction of the strange light display and also seemed to be, bending back on an axis with the object in the paddock. As he got closer, the angle of bending of his car's headlight beams became more acute.

The Bourkes Flat UFO Case

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's not a nuclear connection case but Francis Ridge does ask a very pertinent question below about the Edwards Air Force base UFO incident where several unknown objects described as having 'flashing red lights on the bottom and green, glowing lights on top' were witnessed by several U.S. Military personnel performing highly unusual flight characteristics over the restricted airspace of Edwards Air Force base - the UFOs were also verified by five independent radar installations.

Up to twelve luminous UFOs flew over this secure test facility and the region, and at least one F-106A interceptor was scrambled from George AFB at Victorville. All of this action was captured on classified U.S. Air Force audio tapes which have now been declassified and are available to the public along with official documentation.

The question in my mind is, what was going on during those 3-4 hours we don't know about? If we were allowed to hear only 6 hours of 40, and read only 17 pages of hard-to-read documents, what is it we were NOT allowed to hear and see?

link

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Atomic Energy Commission wants information on flying Saucers - news report from Robert Allen on 10/12/1950.

This is the first time the AEC has publicly evinced interest in flying discs.

link

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Upcoming doco with some interesting testimony.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
...The reactivation of of the Air Force's special investigation of UFO's Project BLUE BOOK, left the OSI wondering what its role would be, especially since there were indications another wave of UFO reports were imminent.

Ruppelt apparently had not requested the OSI's help, so the OSI Office at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, UFO "hotspot" for years, didn't wait for instructions.

The Commander of the 17th District Lt. Colonel Richard G. Cox, warned the OSI's Counterintelligence Division that his New Mexico unit was unprepared, or unwilling, to handle the job:

Recently there have been reported in various Arizona and New Mexico newspapers the sightings of objects, which probably would come within the purview of AFCSI Letter No. 85, dated 23 October 1950.

These observations have been made by persons believed to be familiar with conventional type aircraft and have been corroborated by other witnesses presumed to be reliable.

"In view of the date of AFCSI Letter No. 85 and the renewed interest by the Air Force in these sightings, as alleged by recent press releases this District respectfully requests advice as to the extent into which investigations of these incidents should be carried.

"Requests for investigation of these incidents have not been received from Base Commanders, nor has query been received from Headquarters Air Material Command relative to them. An inquiry at local Air Force Commands reveals no standard operating procedure for reporting observations of unconventional type aircraft, either to Headquarters United States Air Force or Air Material Command.

"In the event it is the desire of your Headquarters that the 17th District investigate reports regarding sightings of these objects, it is recommended very highly that such investigations be on very limited basis.

"It is requested that your Headquarters contact,the 17th District at your earliest convenience."

Flying Saucers Excite Interest

Compiling report for all U.S. consulates and Consulate Generals in Canada, The American Ambassador Deputy Don Bliss, included two paragraphs under the title: "Flyine Saucers Excite Interest." Bliss wrote:

"A report of the sighting of another flying saucer has stirred up considerable interest in the press during the past week. Two senior non commissioned officers of the RCAF stationed at North Bay, Ontario, about two hundred miles northwest of Ottawa, reported 'bright amber disc in the sky in which they observed for several minutes and which followed the usual pattern of changes in direction and intensity.

The RCAF is conducting routine investigation of their report but attaches no particular importance to it.

"Comment, about 30 reports of sightings of mysterious objects have been reported during the past three years. In October 1950, after some investigation the RCAF accepted the conclusion of the USAF Project "Saucer" and adopted routine procedure for the investigation of these incidents.

The present flare-up of interest is notable in that senior Canadian scientists have been prompted to make statements and thus enthusiastic reporter of the Ottawa Journal was given some material which had previously been classified.

It is not considered that there has been change of official attitude toward these incidents as result of the recent sightings."

The reason for the extraordinary comment was strongly worded news story in an Ottawa paper.

The Ottawa Journal's April 16th edition was headlined: "FLYING SAUCERS MAY BE REAL HINT TOP CANADIAN SCIENTISTS."

The paper announced that top Canadian scientists and RCAF Intelligence experts were "no longer scoffing," having undergone complete change in attitude.

Recent sightings,like the North Bay case, these men could not dismiss lightly.

Lending sense of urgency and credibility to the article were number of direct quotes from eminent members of Canada's scientific community.

Astrophysicist Dr. Peter Millman snapped: "We can't laugh off these observations."

Dr. C. J. Mackenzie, Chairman of the Atomic Energy Control Board and past President of Canada's National Research Council was similarly abrupt: "These reports cannot be ignored as nonsense."

Commenting further Millman said: "It is no good just laughing at these reports. We can't discover any conventional explanation which would cover the reported behavior of the objects."

Referring to the North Bay sighting, Dr. Millian pointed out that if the object reported actually reversed direction as claimed by the witnesses, then it could have hardly been meteor.

He said: "While caution is advisable, we must keep an open mind about them (UF0's)."

Dr. Mackenzie elaborated by saying: "It seems hardly possible that these reports could be due to optical illusions."

*The use of the word of "usual" is puzzle. Was Mr. Bliss referring to some other sightings of recent origin, or was it reference to UFO reports in general?

The Ottawa Journal commented: "He stopped there and did venture an opinion on the origin of UFO's, adding that there was no chance Canadian experiments were responsible."

As for Dr. Solandt, the paper mentioned revealed that for some time the Board had received and pondered UFO reports that were considered "reasonably authentic," admitting that for some time he and his colleagues had been firm disbelievers but that many fresh reports from the U.S. and elsewhere of excellent quality had forced renewed speculation.

That North Bay was only 110 miles from Canada's Chalk River atomic energy installation and that similar UFO sightings had occurred near American nuclear security zones, did not escape the notice of the Canadian authorities as did the theory that suggested that visiting denizens of some other world might be snooping on mankind's fission projects.

UFO'S: HISTORY JANUARY MAY 1952 by Loren E. Gross

Full report available for free at:

www.cufos.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: A51Watcher

Fascinating stuff - think you"ve won post of the week there mate.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
AAF declassified documents re: UFO intrusions over Hanford Atomic site here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

1a reply to: A51Watcher

Mate know you will probably already be aware but loads more credible sightings from Hanford at Easynow's thread linked above.

edit on 23-8-2016 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join