It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order of Gimghoul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of the order of Gimghoul . I came across this in a newspaper article about an author. The order built a castle somewhere in Chapel hill ,North Carolina area. I think it is any way.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I went to UNC-Chapel Hill and before I went my boss who was an alum told me to make sure I saw the castle when I got there and drew me a map...It became something of an obsession for me while I was in school and I made the Order of the Gimhoul and their castle the subject of a couple videos I produced for my journalism classes. It is similar to Skull and Bones in that it is an exclusive semi-secret society open only to wealthy/distinguished families whose names you see on many campus buildings (ie. Keenan, Davis, old money NC names)...the castle is located near the amphitheatre in the woods on North campus...if you are ever nearby see this map, the castle is at the end of gimghoul road....
maps.yahoo.com...

I staked out the castle late at night on a few occasions hoping to get pics/video of rituals or members...but never got anything really great...I interviewed 3 Gimghouls who stuck around campus after graduating including one professor who acted like he was bush/kerry talking about skull and bones. No one gave up any juicy details...Anyway, I would have jumped at the chance to get in myself as the connections would have been invaluable out here in the real world. Hope this helps a little, if you have an interest I can digitize my video and email it to you via gmail

Odd

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I live in Chapel Hill, and I've seen the Gimghoul manor. As a matter of fact, the woods surrounding the place are supposed to be haunted.

However, I don't know a lot about the Order-- except that I too have heard of it. Just thought I'd confirm that the thing exists, at very least

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Saw a band had a party there and they posted pictures on the website. There are pics of the inside. I dont think there has ever been pics posted from the inside until now to the public.

www.swinginrichards.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eqkimball
Saw a band had a party there and they posted pictures on the website.

Dear god lady, thats not a microphone, thats the robotic reproductive apparattus of great mechanical gimghoul himself! Notice the hypo-rays effect on her eyes!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by eqkimball

so where are these photos?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I've been to Ghimgoul... I was a Senior at UNC and went there after the bars closed one night w/ some members. It's pretty empty inside (or was in 2002)... just a huge room w/ a couple of couches. There wasn't a party going on, it was just a bunch of people hanging out. We went up into one of the turrets, which opens onto a roof deck type thing. There were pictures of all of the members on some of the walls. It's basically just a frat house.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnygemini

Hi, I am seriously interested in learning about the Order of Gimghoul society. My email is email address removed

Any videos/pics you can send would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks

[Mod Edit - removed email address]

[edit on 20/3/2010 by Sauron]

new topics

top topics

join