It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mouse is super sensitive.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I don't know what to do about this since I am not computer savvy but something is wrong with either my mouse or my cursor. When I attempt to insert a space or a comma or something the cursor highlights the entire word rather than the single space and it takes many attempts to get the cursor to high light only the single space so that I can add a comma or insert a space between words. What it has been doing...because I am used to typing pretty quickly and then going back to spell check...what it's doing is erasing the entire word since it was highlighted and THEN adding the comma or space. Yes I have tried slowing down but the thing won't cooperate regardless. i.e first it highlights the word, click again and highlights the entire sentence, one more click it, highlights the paragraph, back to the word again...never the single space between the words I am shooting for.

For example I just tried to enter the comma between "click it" and "highlights" in the sentence just above. First the word it was highlighted and would not un-highlight, then the word highlight, was highlighted. After about 8 clicks I got room to put in the comma without erasing the word.

If I have to put a word in quotes as I just did above - another pain.
It is actually faster to BOLDEN with the ATS task bar, than add a couple of quotes on either side of the word.

Help! What is wrong with this thing??? Never did this before!
Will appreciate any suggestions.

edit on 28-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
try unpluging it and plugging it back in, make sure scroll lock isnt turned on on your keyboard too

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
try unpluging it and plugging it back in, make sure scroll lock isnt turned on on your keyboard too

Thats good advice. I'll try that. Thanks a lot.
I should have thought of that. I might have hit scroll lock accidentally.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
you can adjust mouse functions and sensitivity in control panel

also the mouse itself may be dirty/sticky from use. clean it with some 'windex' to make it slippery-er and more acurate.

oh 'yah ... what you are likley doing is moving the mouse slightly as you click it. 'click with care'

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

1. Just click the spot and press the key for the character you're attempting to insert. There's no need to highlight.

2. Stop double clicking. Double clicking will result in a whole word being highlighted. Clicking three times quickly highlights the whole line.
edit on 28-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by newcovenant

1. Just click the spot and press the key for the character you're attempting to insert. There's no need to highlight.

2. Stop double clicking. Double clicking will result in a whole word being highlighted. Clicking three times quickly highlights the whole line.
edit on 28-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You don't get it. I know I did a lousy job of trying to describe my issue (very hard to describe) so not your fault! But thank you for responding anyway!

It is highlighting on its own. Clicking is an attempt to make it highlight ONLY the single space but it will not stop highlighting entire words and paragraphs. I am going to try the suggestion above and am pretty sure that should take care of the issue. Again..I DO thank you for trying to help.

edit on 28-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
you can adjust mouse functions and sensitivity in control panel

also the mouse itself may be dirty/sticky from use. clean it with some 'windex' to make it slippery-er and more acurate.

oh 'yah ... what you are likley doing is moving the mouse slightly as you click it. 'click with care'

Yes it does feel like my mouse is sliding all over the place on it's own. Like I lost my traction or something but I try to be super careful and the darn thing just seems to have a mind of it's own. Got to log off and try some of the remedies and see if I still have a problem. Thanks much for your reply!

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Give him a piece of cheese and a little pat on the back, he will come around.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Check that your keyboard doesn't have a stuck shift key, I've had that before. If you hold down shift and click around words, they will highlight and occasionally, my keyboard will act as if I'm pressing shift (I have to press a few keys to get it to snap out of it) and highlights the words around where I want to click.

Annoying. I think I've broken a few keyboards over the years from that, but I have no idea why it starts.

On a side note, I'm astonished that I've been using windows8 now for an entire day, and ... it's no where near as horrid as I had expected. Helps to have 2 monitors, one loads the desktop and the other the start panel. I like that.

And once you're in desktop mode, you pretty much don't need to do much else.. gah I feel nauseous saying that too. I swore I'd hate this.

CX

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Also check under the mouse and make sure the lens doesn't have any dust or a hair on it, that can give false readings.

CX.

top topics

join