It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New England haunted house in MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

About ten years ago, a little girl living in the comfortable Boston suburb of Newtonville began talking with a nice grandmotherly lady upstairs whom nobody else in the house had met and whose feet always floated above the floor.

The girl’s parents researched the imaginary friend’s name, Mrs Woodman, along with another name they’d heard from their daughter, Gridley. They discovered that a real Jane Gridley Woodman had lived in their house at the turn of the Twentieth Century. The little girl’s Mrs. Woodman had seven children, as had Jane, with the same number of boys and of girls as Jane’s children.

The visits lasted for years. At some point, the apparition began to ask the little girl for a favor. It was just a hint at first, but Mrs Woodman became more and more insistent as time went on.

uncertaintist.wordpress.com...

The article links to current video from a regional news station. The blogger then reveals some unreported issues, bearing on "How could a child know those things?" Other parts of the story are left open, however, like electrical and electronic phenomena. For example, the news crew had technical problems in the "hot" area of the house. Some earlier residents apparently saw Mrs Woodman in their time, too.

It's a "clean" case in that nobody involved is in the paranormal business, and real names are used. The nice thing about video, as the blogger points out, is that you get to see the faces of the witnesses. It's hard to dispute that they believe what they are saying, which helps launch discussion in a useful way.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

From my neck of the woods. I have a "ghost" story as well. I do not believe ghosts are real, however that does not mean I am saying there is nothing going on.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I tend to believe that ghost, apparitions, spirits or whatever you want to call the phenomenon is real, they just exist on a different plane of existents than ours. A different level of vibrations, or frequency.

The people whom sometimes are able to see or converse with these beings must have some kind of special tune which make them able to be om multiple frequencies.

But thats only my belief, don't have anything I know of that could prove this theory.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
OccamsRazor04

From my neck of the woods. I have a "ghost" story as well. I do not believe ghosts are real, however that does not mean I am saying there is nothing going on.

I don't kow the mechanics of your ghost story, of course, but a nice feature of this one is that we see the witnesses, learn their names, and in the blog article at least, get some of their "backstory." So, even if Mrs Woodman isn't real, we can be fairly sure that something interesting is going on, if only from a psychological perspective.

mc4denmark

But thats only my belief, don't have anything I know of that could prove this theory.

Carl Jung, whose psychological ideas I admire, might have said that it isn't "either-or." The information leakage the blogger mentions might have "tuned" the girl's thinking rather than simply contaminating her report. I think Old Carl would have been pleased if that were so. She is very credible that she experienced this information as coming from a person different from herself. That in itself, I think, is reason aplenty to listen to the report. Worst case, we learn something about how the minds of the living work.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Even if the story is completely true and there is no more to it (which I doubt), it does not make it a ghost (as in once you go down that road of the supernatural you can not preclude something else other than the spirit of a dead person).

My story is that I was at my cousins house, we were about 13 or 14 years old, upstairs alone watching TV. We both heard his sister yelling our names asking if we were home. We answered, no reply. We heard her again yelling our names asking us where we were. We yelled back. We heard her one more time and then we went downstairs. No one was there, the door never closed that we heard. The next day I was over at his house again and his sister happened to stop over and I asked her why she didn't answer us. She had a confused look on her face, and I told her we were yelling when we heard her voice. She looked at me like I was crazy and said she was working at the bar all night, didn't get home until late, and had just woken up a few hours ago. She was never there, but me and my cousin both heard her, both heard the same words, and we both heard her at the same time. She is obviously not dead, so not a ghost.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
OccamsRazor04

Thank you for your story. I couldn't really tell you whether it's the same phenomenon as ghosts, or whether it's a different use of the same functions that come into play when people report perceiving ghosts, or what.

You might want to check on the same blog an article from last summer about tulpas,

uncertaintist.wordpress.com...

Some people think of tulpas as a "theory of everything" for the paranormal. The psychological aspects alone are very interesting, I think.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If I have time I will check it out. Thanks!

top topics

join