It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burying the crescent moon / moon god nonsense once and for all.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Now show me verses in the Quran which supports those statements.

Jesus is messiah

(And mention) when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near (to Allah).
-Koran 3:45

Jesus born of a virgin

She said, "My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?" (The angel) said, "Such is Allah ; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is.”
-Koran 3:47

Jesus being sent to Israelites
And He will teach him writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel and (make him) a messenger to the Children of Israel,
-Koran 3:48-49

(Compare this to Jesus words in Matthew 15:24 "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.")

I've found that its the Christian views of Jesus being God or a part of the trinity that goes contradicts what the angel announced about Jesus.

edit on 31-10-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

There are many types of fear whether you believe it or not, might want to research that. Let's be real, the accounts are not same and neither is the message. If Muhammad really had contact with Gabriel his story would have been in harmony with what he told Mary in the Bible. In the Bible Gabriel clearly said that Jesus would be called "Son of God" and His (Jesus) kingdom would last forever. No mention of either in the Quran account. Why is that?

One of these accounts is wrong, if there not, then God is a liar, and I don't believe that.

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:6-10

Muhammad clearly received a different gospel from whoever that angel was who came to him.

Thats your dear paul, unauthorised, self choosen to give theology that Jesus pbuh never approved. And amazingly 1/3rd bible (NT) is by him. And only God knows how much more edited by him. It should be rather called gospel of paul.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Still doesn't answer why the Moon is
apart of the logo for Islam. What is the
official answer from the head Iman?
I've yet to hear a real answer
regarding that. Truth is, Islam doesn't
want to accept the fact that they too have pagan backgrounds just like
every other religion out there.

it does answer what matters if you have eyes to see and a open mind to understand, that crescent symbol is not due to any moon god etc.
And regarding why its used, muslims do used moon to calculate months(lunar calander) or it got picked up when the muslim empire expanded, it looks nice you see!!
But your claim is so absurd that i had to convince myself if i should even respond. If we go by your thinking, then say if now a muslim empire had taken up a symbol of rising sun on their flag with a simple idea to denote a new beginning, you would hop along and say, "see that! see that! A sun, islam is based on sun worship!" you'l only embarrass yourself.
edit on 31-10-2012 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join