It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burying the crescent moon / moon god nonsense once and for all.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Then what is the purpose of it?

There is no purpose from a religious perspective.
In fact, many muslims have called for an end to its use.

Also, these posts already explained it
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All symbols have a purpose, but the leaders never seem to reveal the true nature of such, unless your apart of their hidden knowledge class.

The only point I'm making is that Islam is no different then Christians or Jewish, the leaders have put in symbols and logos which mean something, they didn't adopt it for no reason. As a Christian I don't like all of the statues of the virgin Mary because these statues make it seem like Mary was the Savior when she was not.

IMO main stream religion is what you should watch out for, whether it be Christian, Jewish or Islam, the so called High Priest, Rabbis and Imans have been deceiving the people for years.

Well said, RealTruthSeeker.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

The truth is, Islam is no different or any more perfect when it comes to pagan use in the faith. All religions have them. The question is do you embrace it as being ok when you know God doesn't like it.

How do you know Jesus isn't an idol and that god hates it?

Because Jesus IS God.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Both Allah and Yahweh are the same moon god.

You seem extremely confident.
You also sound like the kind of person who would take the finest seat at a wedding feast.

Be careful.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Anything I feel is a reliable source of information,others would disagree.
I walk by faith not by sight.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by icepack

I walk by faith not by sight.

So do the blind. We do not let them drive.

It is okay to augment your faith with some historical research. He asked you why the Muslim god and yours share the same arch angels and several other things. It's okay for you to explore that question. I don't think your god will get angry at you.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
Correct if i'm wrong but doesn't Islam prohibit the use of idols? IMO a religious logo which represents the Moon is clearly an idol. The truth is, Islam is no different or any more perfect when it comes to pagan use in the faith. All religions have them. The question is do you embrace it as being ok when you know God doesn't like it.
edit on 27-10-2012 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

Why would god dislike idols? It have let humans create their own views (religions) of it without interfering with their imagination and playing hide and seek (most times) so that every soul have to choose the level of idealism/understanding it is ready for and the level of connection it can handle with it. I do not belive god care what human dogma I follow as long as I have ideal harmonious behaviour.
edit on 27-10-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The first Moon El was Sin/Nannar. His place of rule was the Sinai region. He was one of many lesser Els worshipped at the time. His blood line is from Sumeria.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

You seem extremely confident.

I am confident in the truth.

You also sound like the kind of person who would take the finest seat at a wedding feast.

I like to go unnoticed at wedding feasts. A person in the finest seat usually gets noticed by many.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider

Originally posted by DarknStormy

The truth is, Islam is no different or any more perfect when it comes to pagan use in the faith. All religions have them. The question is do you embrace it as being ok when you know God doesn't like it.

How do you know Jesus isn't an idol and that god hates it?

Because Jesus IS God.

Depends on you definition of god. If you mean any soul that are more conscious that an average human then yes he is a god. If you mean God as in Buddism/Hinduism/Christianety/Allah can be seen as the ultimate consciousness that span over all consciousness that are, then no he is not god from my point of view. Everything that has a consciousness can be called a god or keeper of another lesser consciousness. A part of a whole can never be the whole in itself but can be connected to the whole and be a messenger of the whole, when it becomes one with the whole.
edit on 27-10-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That was real nice how you showed all those pictures of those other moons. Really, that was... that was real cute what you did there. Of course we all know the difference here, is that those flags, most of them, do not refer to the moon god, and the Islamic one does, unquestionably.

No, not really. I'm just kidding. But when you think about it...displaying a bunch of other flags and symbols does absolutely nothing in proving or explaining the meaning of a completely different context in which a symbol is used. It doesn't prove the meaning of anything, actually. They're just photos that are only good for visual analysis.

I don't understand why you did not answer the question, "well if it doesn't mean the moon god then what does it mean?", in your op. This has GOT to be... one of THEE most... hairbrained schemes of a thread, that I have seen since Truman was in office! Nah, just messin with ya. I've seen worse

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Really, that was... that was real cute what you did there. Of course we all know the difference here, is that those flags, most of them, do not refer to the moon god, and the Islamic one does, unquestionably.

The only thing that's cute here is the christian claim that Allah is the moon god just because mosques and flags use the crescent symbol.

The purpose of those flags and symbols in the OP was to expose the methods and thinking(or lack of) employed by Christian fundamentalists propagating the idea that Allah is a moon god. It shows they conveniently leave out the part about crescent moons used as symbols by several non-middle eastern cultures and empires through the ages.

If the flags/symbols shown in the OP does not refer to the moon god, then there is no valid reason to assume that only the Islamic crescent has links to some moon god.

displaying a bunch of other flags and symbols does absolutely nothing in proving or explaining the meaning of a completely different context in which a symbol is used.

Context....
Exactly. Your'e almost there.

Now just apply that kind of critical thinking to the statues with the crescent moons found in the middle east...
The crescents are shown in a completely different context.... there is no reason to assume the crescent used on mosques and flags points to the crescent seen on those statues.

edit on 27-10-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I like to go unnoticed at wedding feasts. A person in the finest seat usually gets noticed by many.

Except in this case, you seem to have taken the finest seat when it comes to making displays about (what you think you know) about God.

At least on ATS, you ARE being noticed here.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Except in this case, you seem to have taken the finest seat when it comes to making displays about (what you think you know) about God.

At least on ATS, you ARE being noticed here.

The work I am doing on ATS is the work God has given me to do. I am not here because I want to. I am sure the finest seat here on ATS would be the seat of a moderator. If you look through all of my posts, I have never requested that seat.

Anyway... you are side tracking the conversation instead of answering about why the name of the Egyptian moon god is in the name of Allah and Yahweh.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I am sure the finest seat here on ATS would be the seat of a moderator. If you look through all of my posts, I have never requested that seat.

I obviously meant "finest seat" in the sense you, are over-confident in your personal knowledge of Gods name. You have exalted yourself in that matter. What if you are shown to be wrong? Then wont you have to move down to a lower seat?

8 “When you are invited by someone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest someone more distinguished than you be invited by him, 9 and he who invited you both will come and say to you, ‘Give your place to this person,’ and then you will begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10 But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you. 11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Anyway... you are side tracking the conversation instead of answering about why the name of the Egyptian moon god is in the name of Allah and Yahweh.

I'm not side tracking here, I'm pointing out that you are rather pompous with what you think is knowledge of Gods name. Thereby you are at risk of being proven wrong and asked to move down to a lower seat.

Also, your claim that Yahweh is a moon god is rather funny coming from a Christian called "truejew". Its funny because many christians would disagree with you. Im sure you don't get along with your fellow Christians.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Anything I feel is a reliable source of information,others would disagree. I walk by faith not by sight.

ok, but this doesn't change my opinion, that allah, jehova and yahweh are one and the same deity.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I am sure the finest seat here on ATS would be the seat of a moderator. If you look through all of my posts, I have never requested that seat.

I obviously meant "finest seat" in the sense you, are over-confident in your personal knowledge of Gods name. You have exalted yourself in that matter. What if you are shown to be wrong? Then wont you have to move down to a lower seat?

8 “When you are invited by someone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest someone more distinguished than you be invited by him, 9 and he who invited you both will come and say to you, ‘Give your place to this person,’ and then you will begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10 But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you. 11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

I'm not side tracking here, I'm pointing out that you are rather pompous with what you think is knowledge of Gods name. Thereby you are at risk of being proven wrong and asked to move down to a lower seat.

Also, your claim that Yahweh is a moon god is rather funny coming from a Christian called "truejew". Its funny because many christians would disagree with you. Im sure you don't get along with your fellow Christians.

If you were to be confident that 1+1=2, would you be "pompous" and sitting in the finest seat also?

Yahweh does not come from Christian/Jewish sources. It comes from Babylonian Jewish sources. Babylonian Judaism is a completely different religion from the Judaism/Christianity of the Bible.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Yahweh does not come from Christian/Jewish sources. It comes from Babylonian Jewish sources. Babylonian Judaism is a completely different religion from the Judaism/Christianity of the Bible.

Interesting little piece of info.
What else, according to you, came from Babylonian Jewish sources?

I want to know.... are you even Jewish or are you one of those "messianic jews", Christians posing as Jews?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
For those interested in the original topic.

YAH, THE OTHER EGYPTIAN MOON GOD

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

"YAH, THE OTHER EGYPTIAN MOON GOD BY JIMMY DUNN" (copy pasted as-is from the link)

Is this Jimmy Dunn your source?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

"YAH, THE OTHER EGYPTIAN MOON GOD BY JIMMY DUNN" (copy pasted as-is from the link)

Is this Jimmy Dunn your source?

He is one source.

Here is Wikipedia...

Iah

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join