It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Card Lottery. First Prize Slavery!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Another example of the scandalous Politics of President Bush

To many the land of opportunity, the United states has long been on the short list as one of the most desirable countries for immigration by those unfortunate enough to be citizens of poor and at times repressive countries.

Many in light of the above are even willing to take the risk of entering the United States illegally just so they too can exprience a life in the land of the free... or is it?

www.whitehouse.gov...

THE PRESIDENT: Thanks for coming, thanks for the warm welcome, thanks for joining me as I make this important announcement -- an announcement that I believe will make America a more compassionate and more humane and stronger country.

...will make America a more compassionate and more humane and stronger country. Yes off the backs of others...

Today, President Bush proposed a new temporary worker program to match willing foreign workers with willing U.S. employers when no Americans can be found to fill the jobs. The program would be open to new foreign workers, and to the undocumented men and women currently employed in the U.S.

To cut thorugh the BS what Bush is proposing here is a way to make it much easier for employers to enforce substandard conditions and even wages on those who will have little chance of complaining, and an even smaller chance of being listened to.

Does America not have unemployment? In what parts of America can "no Americans can be found to fill the jobs" What I see here is a blatent effort to force "established" americans into aggreeing to work for lower pay and standards than they would normally agree to...

Maybe Bush should have refrased his little speach from:

"no Americans can be found to fill the jobs"

"where no Americans can be found to put up with the sh**ty pay and terrible conditions..."

Welcome to slavery of the 21st century!!!

www.americandaily.com...

"Millions of Californians who used to cut their own lawns, clean their own toilets, pick their own fruit, and pour their own concrete have now abdicated these tasks to a pool of millions of low-cost industrious laborers�with insidious consequences."

What are the "insidious consequences"? I see it every day here in Sao Paulo, Brasil - thousands of people working 6-7 days a week for a pittence, people with no time for their families, no standard of life... nothing.

Is this how you want it in America as well?

I would very much like to here some stories of American Immigrants and how they find life in the United States - please proove me wrong...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Today many Mexicans earn pennies an hour working in places where there are no regulations, and living 10 people to a small room.

You should be able to relate to this, coming from Brazil.

They want to better themselves by working for more money. So they illegally cross the border and risk being arrested so that they can provide for themselves and their families. I know I would do the same thing if I were in that position.

Many jobs are difficult to fill because many Americans obtain an education so that they can get better jobs.

Bush wants to make it easier for them to make a better living and solve a labor shortage at the same time.

NOWHERE DOES HE SAY THAT THEY HAVE TO WORK IN SUBSTANDARD CONDITIONS. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM?

Our earliest immigrants had no help, no guarantees, no jobs to walk into. They made it. Our friends from the south will make it also.

[EDIT]Don't bother trying to explain your "logic". I've since read another of your posts and I can see exactly where you are coming from.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by jsobecky]

new topics

join