It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Red Means Big Brother's in Charge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Watchdog Color-Codes Government Infringements on Privacy
'Red Means Big Brother's in Charge'
by Chisun Lee
April 23 - 29, 2003

f the nation were actually to reach red alert status, odds are the "Privacy Threat Index" color chart at epic.org would be wiped from the virtual world. Red means the government controls everything, the lives of Americans online and off. And the Washington, D.C.-based Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), a watchdog group focusing on privacy and technology, is a frequent critic and courtroom challenger of the surveillance-minded Bush administration.

"Red is somewhere between Gattaca"�the science fiction movie in which the state uses genetics to dictate people's lives�"and George Orwell's 1984," said EPIC executive director Marc Rotenberg. "Red means Big Brother's in charge."

www.villagevoice.com...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i'm trying to consider all the possible reasons that'd happen. but so far anything less thana nuke terrorist attack doesn't come to mind. it'd have to be something big. something giant dunno what,

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
i'm trying to consider all the possible reasons that'd happen. but so far anything less thana nuke terrorist attack doesn't come to mind. it'd have to be something big. something giant dunno what,

I agree, that this would likely be when we see the red.

OTOH -

wouldn't a better time for it be right BEFORE the nuke terrorist attack.
I mean, after [insert us city] gets wiped off the planet, what are the odds that another terrorist attack would occur?? That would be the least likely time and thus, warrant a much lower level of WARNING level.

join