It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ghosts wear clothes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Every time I see a "picture" of a ghost that resembles a person (most recently those pictures of the Hampton Court Palace ghost), they are wearing clothing. If a ghost is supposed to be the spirit or soul of the dead, it would come from within the person, wouldn't it? Why would it be wearing clothes? Is our clothing a part of our soul?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"Clothes make the man" or ghost, in some instances.
From what I've read of the phenomenon, ghosts wear the clothes they died in. It does make ya wonder why there aren't more nude ones around, though.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How many people die in the nude?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think ghosts put on the front that they last liked themselves as, which is say if you see a ghost of a hooker, and she died in the nude, is why you dont see her named..

This is simply easy to figure out as the last guy stated, why isnt there more nude ghosts..

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Consider how many people have been killed before, during or shortly after extramarital sex, the victims of rapist killers, as well as those who pass away while sleeping in the nude. I'd say it's a large number.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ya I guess I never thought of the rape/murder people, I mostly thought of car accident/plane crash/fire victims.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well then, in that case, I will be sure to keep my palm pilot on me. That way when I pass over, I can play games when I get bored.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nudity makes some people feel uncomfortable. Perhaps that's the reason for the lack of nude ghost pictures. Pervs.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It is often believed that a ghost's appearance is a reflection of how the entity itself believes it is perceived... Because most wouldn't exactly go out of the house naked, this too isn't how they project themselves...but instead they project an image in line with how they wish to be perceived, as they'd imagine themselves appearing in a mirror.

link   
Good point!..........I have never really thought about this one.

OK then if a ghost is someones soul which for what ever reason can not leave to pass over into the Astral Plain then how/why do the clothes remain???

After all clothes don't have souls.......do they??

link   
See the post above...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Further to my last post

I suppose that a ghost could take his or her shoes..........after all they have a sole

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, yeah.... But do you want to be seen nekked? Let alone dead and nekkid?

new topics

top topics

join