It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why, after all the lies, do people still support Bush?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That is very interesting. You also refuse to be specific and give one example. I posted a good link earlier that some of you may find informative.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just curious...what are some examples of balanced news sources? Someone before mentioned that BBC was unbalanced...I found this very funny...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why, after all the lies, do people still support Bush?

- .....because politics is being dumbed down to the point of being like blindly supporting a football team for life?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

.....because politics is being dumbed down to the point of being like blindly supporting a football team for life?

You know what...you hit the nail right on the head! That is the perfect explanation of politics these days, the truth doesn't seem to matter it's just a big competition Republicans vs. Democrats

I consider myself a democrat but I hope if we had a democratic president who was as corrupt as Bush, I would see the light and not vote for him again in the following election...

I hope I wouldn't just ignore all the facts and make excuses, just to ensure that a democrat held office.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's a matter of media saturation really. You can fool most of the people most of the time, especially if you have a little box in everybody's home giving them your side fo the story all the time. Say your name is Bob, and you sell BS, can you imagine what a wonderful advantage you would have cornering the BS market if you had a box in everybody's home telling you how wonderful Bob was and how good your BS was? Of course people beleive his lies, really what else have they got to believe. You can't exactly go to suppresedinformationandthe'terrorist's'sideofthestory.com and get any kind of opposing view points. Even if you do you are quickly branded unamerican.
Unfortunately, and this is going to sound drastic, but I have been able to discern a lot of consistent patterns with the rise of fascism in mid 1930's Germany, and whats going on here and now in the US. Even alot of the same style visual aides, pictures, flag waving, questinoable terrorism and fear mongering to demonize enemies. Some statements by members of the Bush administration and Bush himslef are nearly word for word quotes from Nazi political propoganda campaigns. If the media were truly objective do you think thousands upon of thousands of media outlets would all agree on anything? lol But it is getting really out of hand when a man can stand there and bold face lie to an entire nation, and we not only him, we stand there and actually start to buy into it. There are people out there that still think Saddam was responsible for 9-11, there are people out there that think Kerry eats babies, yes its that bad. My daughter came home from church and said that she heard it in church, from grown ups...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join