It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Feel Sorry For All Non-Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I feel sorry for all people who do not live in America...

Who do not have a choice about what thier lives will be...

Who do not have the RIGHT to vote ( regardless of who's running ) At least in America, we can have an option to choose... it is a Democracy... I don't care what people think.

Who do not have the RIGHT and FREEDOM to travel from City to City or State to State.

The Freedom to choose, what they'll do on a daily basis, what career they'll have, where to live..

My list could go on and on...

I love America, while I may not always agree with our leaders and fellow citizens, this is my country and I love it.

So we might show force in other parts of the world.... regardless of what you think... it's to preserve democracy... no other reasons... and you can't prove its for other reasons anway.

I don't want people to feel sorry for me or my country.....

[edit on 19-10-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I only feel sorry for my country because we don't have an NFL franchise. Yet.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sorry to let the wind out of your tires, but Australia has a far better standard of living and more legal freedoms than the US. Australia is the greatest country on earth.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Sorry to let the wind out of your tires, but Australia has a far better standard of living and more legal freedoms than the US. Australia is the greatest country on earth.

Yeah, but you'll never have an NFL franchise.

link   

Originally posted by intrepid

ah yes.. the NFL.... one of the great things that I get to enjoy in America....

Good luck, hopefully someday, you'll have it too.

link   

Yeah, but youve got most of the good hockey players!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Yeah, but youve got most of the good hockey players!

I'll make a trade, no problem. Oh oh, does that make me unCanadian.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
*wondering*

how did this become a "who's got what sports franchise" thread..

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
*wondering*

how did this become a "who's got what sports franchise" thread..

It's all about envy. That's the one thing you have that I REALLY want.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I spent 2 weeks in your lovley land about11 years ago during one of my naval excursians. Wonderful people, Wonderful pubs, and some of the best food Ive ever eaten. But alas, its still not home
As far for being free, I can pretty much do what I want as long as I dont act like a fool.I.E. go running outside naked with a sawe off 12 guage screaming JOHNNIES HOME!!!!!

They tend to frown on that behavour

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yeah, but you'll never have an NFL franchise.

NFL
Went to sleep watching the last superbowl, there is a reason why it hasn't expanded outside the US - that is it's too bloody boring.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I feel sorry for all people who do not live in America...

Who do not have a choice about what thier lives will be...

Who do not have the RIGHT to vote ( regardless of who's running ) At least in America, we can have an option to choose... it is a Democracy... I don't care what people think.

Who do not have the RIGHT and FREEDOM to travel from City to City or State to State.

The Freedom to choose, what they'll do on a daily basis, what career they'll have, where to live..

My list could go on and on...

I love America, while I may not always agree with our leaders and fellow citizens, this is my country and I love it.

So we might show force in other parts of the world.... regardless of what you think... it's to preserve democracy... no other reasons... and you can't prove its for other reasons anway.

I don't want people to feel sorry for me or my country.....

hahahahaha, This is soooo funny, haaaa

Come on do you really believe in what you are writing in there??? Do you erally think Soviet Union still exists or what? Or you are just frustrated that there are more and more Non-Americans visiting and posting on these boards? I know it makes it harder to talk bad stuff about other countries, but still...
Btw. I agree with mad scientist on this one, Australia has more freedom than the US. We all know how Bush got to the White House. Not that I prefer Kerry, no, I think Bush is better than Kerry, but he wasn't the president American people wanted...

Don't have the right of voting? Well, I wonder how we re-electred Putin?
We don't have travel to travel from city to city? Wonder why, while on holidays I often take my family to other places by car? Also how do I get without any problems from the north to Moscow by plane?
Career choosing? I've chosen myself to join the navy... no-one forced me, and I think that if they were going to force anyone to take a certain job it would be joining army/navy...

My list could go on as well...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
But alas, its still not home
As far for being free, I can pretty much do what I want as long as I dont act like a fool.I.E. go running outside naked with a sawe off 12 guage screaming JOHNNIES HOME!!!!!

They tend to frown on that behavour

It can be the same even in your own country. I'm from the Atlantic provinces and I'm living in the interior, it's just not home.

BTW, you want to do the Nude 12-Gauge Hustle, come to Canada, we've got millions of square miles of nothing but trees. Nobody will bother you there.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
AMEN AND GOD BLESS!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Newsflash!!

Plenty of countries around the world have those same simple freedoms you spoke of. Some are even -- gasp -- true democracies! You know, a true democracy, where majority rules, and where if the 2000 election happened in their country, Bush would have rightfully lost?

We're a democratic republic, not a democracy, there's a difference.

Saying you feel bad for non-Americans because you are oblivious of the fact that many outside our country share the same sorts of freedoms we do reeks of both arrogance and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
khruschev
My russian friend, calm down
I actually think this thread is a spoof of another one that went horribly wrong a few hours ago. I think by now, we all realise that each country has its good points and its bad points, and pretty much no matter who you are, you will love your country like I love mine

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
khruschev & W_HAMILTON ,,,, thanks for the reply, yes you make some good points..

I understand there are democracies around the world, and yes, elections, free travel etc...

I was just trying to make a point.

I just get tired of all the slamming against America.....

I think I made my point too...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What's wrong with Canadian Football? Twelve players, three downs, a hundred and ten yard field, twenty-yard in-zones, drop kicks, no fair-catches, backfields-in-motion, one thirty-second time out per half--sounds like a pretty wild ride.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Who the
do you think you are!?! I live in Ireland and at least we don't need to live with the constant threat of mind control and all that every time we walk out the door! Well actually everyone does. I live in Ireland and thats a democracy. How you didn't get warned or even banned for this I don't know but it's people like you preventing world peace, being so nationalist. We are all one race!. I bet the Grays don't divide themselves into little groups and thats why they are more advanced. And if you'll remember the world was one big continent ages ago. Now come on people are we living in the Stone Age where we divide ourselves into little "tribes"? Oh wait yes we are!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm sure he did it in response to that other thread, but everything the original author posted, he believes in. So it's not really a spoof. More like a feeble attempt to enact some sort of internet revenge
Or maybe a feeble attempt to get more ATS points, one of the two!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join