It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise: A Hypothetical Scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This election cycle has been crazier than most. We have candidates and their respective media surrogates spreading un-varnished lies and disinformation to get a leg-up in their campaigns. And this time around it seems that they will stop at nothing to manufacture, twist, spin and distort to win. So I have a question for the ATS Community. It's a hypothetical but I'll use some current personalities and speculation to make it more 'real'. Here goes...

Donald Trump and a group of like-minded conservatives have worked tirelessly to 'find something' on Obama in order to secure a Republican win next month. It hasn't worked. So they take another tack. They find someone who they can tie to Obama during his college years. They offer this person an insane amount of money and a bundle of assurances to implicate Obama in a series of gay, drug-fueled, sado-masochistic parties that results in the death of a participant. The Trump team spares no expense to forge documents, videotapes, additional 'eyewitness' testimony and other alleged 'proof' of the story. They then go public with this a couple weeks before the election.

The story is sensational in the extreme and is picked-up all over the world. People are horrified and support for Obama plunges. Romney easily wins the election.

Shortly afterwards, independent investigators are able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the entire story was fabricated --- along with all the alleged evidence --- and reveal the entire conspiracy along with the major players. Despite their having an elaborate smokescreen to hide their involvement an insider to Trumps group blows it all wide open --- not out of any sense of decency but beccause he sees it as a means of securing a major business coup.

-------

So here is the question: What happens to the election? It was fraudulently won. Is it allowed to stand or is it nullified because of the interference? And if it was allowed to stand, doesn't this suggest that some group could potentially attempt such a scheme to steal the U.S. government?

Finally, for the pinheaded, I'm not in any way suggesting that anything like this is happening. It's just a hypothetical exercise in election security.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Of course it is allowed to stand. You seem to be under the impression that that sort of thing doesn't happen regularly at all levels of politics.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
They offer this person an insane amount of money and a bundle of assurances to implicate Obama in a series of gay, drug-fueled, sado-masochistic parties that results in the death of a participant.

I don't know that the story would get much play outside of the odd reference that they're accusing Obama of being the CEO of one of the big banks.

new topics

join