It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Saddam Plot to Kill President G.H.W. Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is a strange story, indeed. The story goes that Saddam arranged to have President George H.W. Bush killed during a trip to Kuwait (after the Gulf War). Evidence seems to indicate that the story is bogus. George W. Bush seems to think it's true because he has referred to it while speaking. Is this nothing more than a plot to make Saddam appear even more guilty before the world? More and more it seems like that is the case. What do you think ATS?

So, Did Saddam Try to Kill Bush's Dad?

by Jim Lobe
Now that President George W. Bush's allegations about former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's ties to al-Qaeda and ambitious weapons programs have been thoroughly discredited, another outstanding charge remains to be resolved.

During a campaign speech in September 2002, Bush cited a number of reasons – in addition to alleged terrorist links and weapons of mass destruction (WMD) – about why Saddam was so dangerous to the U.S., noting, in particular that, "After all, this is the guy who tired to kill my dad."

He was referring, of course, to an alleged plot by Iraqi intelligence to assassinate Bush's father, former president George H.W. Bush, during his triumphal visit to Kuwait in April 1993, 25 months after U.S.-led forces chased Iraqi troops out of Kuwait in the first Gulf War and three months after Bush Sr. surrendered the White House to Bill Clinton.
www.antiwar.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is a very true story. I remember going over the raw intel data on this. ECK, this one I'm afraid you can't spin to bash Bush with.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just seeking comments on an odd story. To be honest, I never thought much about it at the time. Back then, I believed Saddam would do just about anything. I know much, much more now than I did then, however.

new topics

join