It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Baker & Bush should tried for high treason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
When President Bush appointed former Secretary of State James Baker III as his envoy on Iraq's debt on December 5, 2003, he called Baker's job,

"a noble mission"

Documents now obtained by The Nation, contain sources indicating The Carlyle group has sought to secure an extraordinary $1 billion investment from the Kuwaiti government, with Baker's influence as debt envoy being used as a crucial lever. The secret deal involves a complex transaction to transfer ownership of as much as $57 billion in unpaid Iraqi debts. The debts, now owed to the government of Kuwait, would be assigned to a foundation created and controlled by a consortium in which the key players are the Carlyle Group (Hello President Bush).

This is where things get interesting,

Baker is on two sides of this transaction: He is supposed to be representing the interests of the United States, but he is also a senior counselor at Carlyle, and Carlyle wants to get paid to help Kuwait recover its debts from Iraq. Carlyle are exploiting Baker's current position to try to land a deal with Kuwait that would undermine the interests of the US government but obviously not who's running the White house.

Still feel like backing up Bush & Baker?

The Carlyle Group does extensive business with the Saudi royal family (duh), as does Baker's law firm, Baker Botts which is currently defending them in a $1 trillion lawsuit filed by the families of September 11 victims!

Makes ya feel a little sick in the stomach huh. Shouldn't the American firm of Baker Botts be REPRESENTING the families of September 11th? With all the patriotic Bush speeches since 9/11, doesn't this undermind the efforts of our president, his family and administration?

How can you support Bush with the erie stench of treason lurking within the White house hallways?

www.thenation.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
US investment firm linked to Bush envoy

Well,

I just had to post this, seeing that this is a conspiracy orientated sight and this has been in the news for over 48 hours and no one here seems to care or know.
The President's father has been heavily invested in Carlyle Group and wielding his connections, insider knowledge, and financial power for considerable financial gains. Last one I can recall was shortly after "Shock and Awe" began. George H. Bush and Henry Kissinger went to Moscow to engage President Putin on business. These men went as representatives of The Carlyle Group this group in turn was representing Connoco/Phillips
in an attempt to merge technology with supply and demand.
They left Moscow with a positive attitude that progress had been made. They also left 18 Billion Dollars in Moscow as seed money. In a unrelated event this month Conoco/Philip's invested 7 Billion dollars in Lukos [?] a Oil Production Co. in Russia reserving options to acquire more of a stake in the future.
Now we have Jim Baker representing the U.S. as well as Carlyle at the same time, but with opposite intentions. QUESTION? Why is the SEC so victoriously satisfied with the prosecution of Martha Stewart [relatively very tiny potatoes and financial or political meaning] and have apparently no interest or concern about blatant use of insider knowledge in the Billions of Dollars. At the highest levels of the Federal Government and Administration. As well as Nepotism at its worst. Bush to Bush! Not to mention the cost to lower and middle class Americans as regards their sons and daughters used as expendable fodder. As well as their tax dollars spent on a unnecessary War as opposed to National Infrastructure and Health Education the Welfare of Americans.
Any comments or insights will be appreciated.

TUTANKHAMEN

Allegations against the Carlyle Group, the giant US investment firm linked to President George Bush's Iraq debt envoy, James Baker, took a fresh turn last night.
It emerged that the firm may never have disclosed to the White House a planned backstairs deal in which Mr Baker figured.

A Carlyle consortium offered behind the scenes to use its influence to help Kuwait lay hands on $27bn (�15bn) in reparations.

This was regardless of pleas for international debt forgiveness which Mr Baker himself was uttering in an official capacity while touring the globe on behalf of Mr Bush.

Mr Baker is an "equity partner" in Carlyle, with a large shareholding of undisclosed size.
etc......
Allegations against the Carlyle Group, the giant US investment firm linked to President George Bush's Iraq debt envoy, James Baker, took a fresh turn last night.
It emerged that the firm may never have disclosed to the White House a planned backstairs deal in which Mr Baker figured.

A Carlyle consortium offered behind the scenes to use its influence to help Kuwait lay hands on $27bn (�15bn) in reparations.

This was regardless of pleas for international debt forgiveness which Mr Baker himself was uttering in an official capacity while touring the globe on behalf of Mr Bush.

Mr Baker is an "equity partner" in Carlyle, with a large shareholding of undisclosed size. etc.........

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Only Tesla noticed when I first posted so since you also are interested I pasted the complete here. Since then Madeline Albights firm as well as Carlyle have stood down until J.Baker is done with his plea for the President then Carlyle and Director Carlucci plan on picking up the cause for Kuwait. And Martha Stewart is in jail for insider trading. Fcuk this Administration and their Reptilian Attitude.

TUT

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
tututkamen,

I too posted this topic previously and btw you beat me by a day lol. I also received a single response in this highly controversial issue that people just seem to neglect, ignore and refuse to acknowledge.

I'm starting to believe that ATS doesn�t deny ignorance, they're just selective about it lol.

I've never heard of the link to the Martha Stewart case involving her insider trading, but I can see her situation being overly exploited in the media to be used as a smoke screen while our Federal government conducts their own insider trading involving billions.

I'm still perplexed as to why the American people seek to re-elect The Carlyle administration.

Oops I ment Bush

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You want Bush and Baker to be tried for high treason?

Put 'em in line for trial behind John Kerry. His consorting
with the enemy while he was still in the service ...
having unauthorized meetings with them in (ugh) France ...
etc etc etc.

Heck ... wish we could put ALL the crooked politicians on
trial. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Kennedy FINALLY on trial
for the murder of MaryJo. I'd love to see what really
happened with Condit. Betchya' he hired the hit on
Chandra Levy.

There is plenty of muck to go around in DC. Enough
to keep the courts busy and over flowing. If only
it would happen ... if only ....

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The allegations and links between bin-laden, bush dad and the saudi has alThe CIA and Saudi Arabia, the Bushes and the Bin Ladens. Did their connections cause America to turn a blind eye to terrorism?

That the American public turns their face to the other side well that is what is happening with a lot of things lately.

They've had connections to Osama Bin Laden's people. They've had connections to Muslim cultural and financial aid groups that have terrorist connections. They fit the pattern of groups that the Saudi royal family and Saudi community of princes - the 20,000 princes - have funded who've engaged in terrorist activity.

I see it this way when money and powerful families get involved in our own countries politics, we the people mean nothing we are "expendable"

I had researched on them a while back but people seems not to care of the truth.

This is another link to add.

www.bushwatch.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What can be done? So many American's will simply dismiss this as propaganda and not even think about it. They refuse to believe that the people who run this country may be massively corrupt.

It's a loosing battle here where I work. Although I'm well repected for the work I do and the person I am, whenever I mention something that implies that our leaders may be corrupt, most of them tell me that I've been brainwashed by the left. They claim that if these things were true, the major media networks would be all over it.

I don't know what to do anymore. I feel quite helpless. The reaction of the American people to these facts leads me to believe that we've already lost.

I don't know whether to be
or

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
tututkamen,

I too posted this topic previously and btw you beat me by a day lol. I also received a single response in this highly controversial issue that people just seem to neglect, ignore and refuse to acknowledge.

I'm starting to believe that ATS dosing�t deny ignorance, they're just selective about it Lou.

I've never heard of the link to the Martha Stewart case involving her insider trading, but I can see her situation being overly exploited in the media to be used as a smoke screen while our Federal government conducts their own insider trading involving billions.

I'm still perplexed as to why the American people seek to re-elect The Carlyle administration.

Oops I meant Bush

I agree you can only deny ignorance if you are aware of it. Many here have an acute ability to deny awareness because they are comfortable in doing so. Through out our culture it is not acceptable to create waves. And much of the Administration here is a mirror of the Administration out there. Individuals climbing a ladder with out conscientious or a semblance of awareness. Loyalty to the Power that be, not to the Power of Knowledge.

The reference to Ms. Stewart was a JOKE. Poor old selfish lady is in jail for insider trading of 250,000$, big freak'in deal when you stand it next to the President and Carlyle and Kuwait to the tune of. 1 Billion Or GHBush and Kissinger, and Carlyle representing Conocco [a.k.a. Condo Rice] in a 18 Billion $ arrangement days after we bombed Baghdad in Shock and Awe. Or all the defense contracts Carlyle and it's Director James Carlucci [ex-secretary of the department of defense] and G.H.Bush are reaping money from on insider trading with his SON the Freak'in President of our United States of America.
Do you feel as though you have been violated [raped] yet or will you wait till one of your children die in their WAR.

TUT

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Funny how George H. Bush ran the CIA during the 70's and because of his former presidential status still has the ability to receive "insider" FBI briefings etc.

pffft..

Pretty soon we'll have to pledge allegiance to the great Carlyle god!

NWO here we come?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Snouts in the trough as usual. That is the way it has always been with these people and the way it will always be.
They are teflon coated, nothing sticks and with people in the highest positions of government paving the way for them and receiving their cut at some point, it will always continue.

Sure, it is blatant racketeering on a grand scale and we, the ordinary people who work hard and pay our taxes, will always be there to do the nastier bits for them and fight/die to protect their investments.

In that respect, politics hasn't really moved on from the dark ages.

new topics

top topics

join