It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obligatory Introductory Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hello there whoever is reading this,

I'm a new member of ATS because I believe there are things happening in the world that only members here can see. From past threads it seems that there are occasions where members on the board have the full story before anyone is reporting on it and I like that very much. I know my country does a poor job of informing the public about the goings on in and around the world.

Some of the topics created by members are really provocative and sometimes I am shocked (both good and bad) at the responses to them.

Anyways, thanks for letting me on board.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
Hello there whoever is reading this,

I'm a new member of ATS because I believe there are things happening in the world that only members here can see. From past threads it seems that there are occasions where members on the board have the full story before anyone is reporting on it and I like that very much. I know my country does a poor job of informing the public about the goings on in and around the world.

Some of the topics created by members are really provocative and sometimes I am shocked (both good and bad) at the responses to them.

Anyways, thanks for letting me on board.

Welcome to the site, yes, there are some excellent researchers on the boards, im not one of them
however, i do like to say hello on the intro threads, well we're all good at something .

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. I lurk on and off (been off for awhile focusing on school... ATS can become a dominant distraction during finals) but I found some pictures I wanted to post up and get member opinions on so I guess it was time for an account.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Trick or Treat....did you bring candy.....

Welcome to ATS....enjoy the ride....

Des

edit on 23-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Welcome to ATS, don't let it suck you in. I know I can spend all day on here if I'm not careful. It is easy to just look one more time before you drag yourself up and take care of business. Of course that one more time takes an hour.

Have fun!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I left the candy at the store, I'll remember it next time.

reply to post by Doodle19815

Yes, I'm definitely making an effort this time to not get sucked in as much as I did the last time. I had to take a break from ATS because I was heavily lurking when Fukushima happened and I stopped sleeping for a couple of days keeping up with radiation alert threads.

I have some (possible) photographs of twin suns and am curious as to what some of the members might have to say about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Just one tip about making threads here. Two paragraphs or more of your own text as per the guidelines of ATS.

Now here's the memo I sling to new members.

Welcome to the madhouse of sanity.
edit on 23-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well then a question for you, good sir. I was using the ATS search engine and there are some threads in the past discussing the twin sun phenomenon. Should I bump an old thread or start a new one to specifically discuss the photographs that I have? Any suggestions under what forum of the board to post it? (I guess that is actually two questions then.)

I'll make sure to follow the thread guidelines when I make my post.

Rock on

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by randyvs

Well then a question for you, good sir. I was using the ATS search engine and there are some threads in the past discussing the twin sun phenomenon. Should I bump an old thread or start a new one to specifically discuss the photographs that I have? Any suggestions under what forum of the board to post it? (I guess that is actually two questions then.)

I'll make sure to follow the thread guidelines when I make my post.

Rock on

I hate to be negative to a new member partner, but you asked so if I didn't hit you with the truth after what I just posted ? Well, I could never post it again in good standing. People that post pics of the sun on ATS for the most part get flamed. My advice is don't and good for you that you asked.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you for the warning. I will hold off posting the thread then and maybe PM some of the members who participated on the old threads and see what they say about them.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Definitely a good idea. At least you won't be jumping in unguarded. My best to you friend.
edit on 23-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Welcome

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Obligatory Introductory Thread.....

Obligatory reply

Welcome to ATS.

Yadda yadda, blah blah blah.

Tinfoil hat in the lobby.

top topics

join