It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher??? OH NO!!!! OH YO-KO, OH NO!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Have you read the Lee Child books? If so then you must feel my pain here! Like Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, is this someone's sick and twisted idea of a practical joke??? But we'll see I guess....I mean at least they spent some money on it, which is nice so I'll go see it in the theater. What do you think???

What did John Lennon say to Yoko Oh-no when he saw her naked for the very first time??......

"Yoko??? Oh NO!!!! " LOL

edit on 23-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Yeah I read 'Worth Dying For'...Jack Reacher is supposed to be like 6'5" and 250 lbs. or something

And Tom Cruise is a member of the Lollipop Guild
edit on 23-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Looks like a fun movie to me. But I might have a different opinion had I read the books.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yeah, I'd have to say the same. Not familiar with the books at all, and despite Tom Cruise's craziness, he still makes good movies. The ultimatum he gives in that trailer was a bit reminiscent of the one given by Liam Neeson in Taken, so that was a bit offputting. The ending of the trailer, when he steps out of the car and into the crowd make me chuckle pretty good though.

Here's another trailer for Jack Reacher:

Looks like it comes out December 21. I'll probably end up seeing it in theaters.

EDIT TO ADD:
reply to post by Hawking

It looks like Tom Cruise has the vetting of the books' author though.

I first wrote about the Cruise talks last month, and it created a lot of discussion among fans of the series because the Reacher character is 6’5” and about 250 pounds, and Cruise is not. At the time, the author was among those most excited about the casting, saying that “Reacher’s size in the books is a metaphor for an unstoppable force, which Cruise portrays in his own way.”

Tom Cruise Locked To Play Jack Reacher In ‘One Shot’ For Paramount And Skydance
edit on 10/23/2012 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added response to Hawking.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'll see it. The books are really good, but I agree when I first heard TC was playing the part it disappointed me. I like Cruise as an actor, but when you read the books, you're picturing someone more of Duane 'The Rock' Johnson's size than Cruise's. The author was ok with the choice saying something like, you could get an actor 100% of the height but 90% of the character. With Cruise, you get 100% of the character and 90% of the height.

If the guy who created Reacher is ok with it, then I don't have a problem. Joe Pesci probably sits on a phone book at the dinner table, and he can play a pretty good badass.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Someone wasn't thinking when they cast Cruise in this role. He is wrong for the part. They should have cast someone big and rugged.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Ya the rock for sure. But then it would be a low budget movie.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Maybe like:

The Rock
StatHam
Bruce Willis
Vin Desil
John TRavolta

Maybe one of those.

But not Tom. Tom is short and thin and clean cut. jack Reacher is suppose to be tall, huskey, like 300lbs and very rough around the edges. Like a rig pig or something. Not a posh clean cut devonair james bond tom Cruise type. no way! Tom Cruise man oh man. Just great.

LOOK IT'S JACK REACHER ..... no really can't you tell!!!!

edit on 23-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I will NOT be seeing the movie.

I enjoy the Jack Reacher novels too much for that.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Funny you say that....... I had this thought not even an hour ago. I was thinking "just go and pretend that's not a Jack reacher movie, it's just some random tom cruise movie". Cuz if I try and put the two together I'll just just get frustrated. I haven't seen obviously but it already feels like an injustice doesn't it???

top topics

join