It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of The US Population Deemed as Traitors?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am hoping that after this election that all Americans will come together and tell the world what a great country they live in, but I am sure that for a few months after the election no matter who wins the other side will be posting threads of how they were robbed.

Truly Americans the threads give people the impression that America is a shambles and on the brink of a civil war. This is surely not so?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Perhaps most of the people that post in this thread are traitors and I am the only one that love my country.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Why do we call Kerry a traitor? Well look at what the man did. And why the folks in here who are so anti-kerry are upset. If you ask the question, can you explain after knowing this information you could actually vote FOR him?

"The New Soldier" And some will actually vote for him..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

20 Questions That John Kerry will NEVER answer** Getting real Good now

Top GOPers in 'Major Effort' to Uncover Kerry's Naval Discharge

[edit on 19-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is inevitable that a very large segment of the American population will vote for a traitor and avowed war criminal on November 2nd, 2004. What we are to call those who will do so would probably be best addressed on a case by case basis. It would be unfair to lump the merely stupid in with the traitors.

I agree! But America is a democracy, and if people want to vote for Bush, that's their right. It's their right, but not right if you know what I mean (and I think you do). How could half the population get hoodwinked? Ignorance, fear, the same things that fuel schools of thought like racism. Unfortunately, there are people in power who want to exploit that for their own gain.

I'm sure that at some point in history, half of the US was against interracial marriage. We just have to do our best to educate, and hopefully in the future, people will be more enlightened.

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 19-10-2004 by curme]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The sharp split in the nation shows just how unhappy everyone is with the current situation.

Bush is incharge, what can i say?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
That's what amazes me - a number of Democrats, even those who hate Bush, will say that if people want to vote for Bush, it's their right, because America is a democracy. But a number of Republicans who hate Kerry believe that those voting for him and not for Bush are traitors or idiots. What's wrong with this picture?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Truly Americans the threads give people the impression that America is a shambles and on the brink of a civil war. This is surely not so?

Not really its just our way of election leaders

Its been that way since the begining you should read the history books about the elections back then.

Even then they called each other liars thieves and traitors and the charges were probably true back then too

I wished they would go back to Dueling like Hamilton and Burr

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by Mynaeris

Not really its just our way of election leaders

Its been that way since the begining you should read the history books about the elections back then.

Even then they called each other liars thieves and traitors and the charges were probably true back then too

I wished they would go back to Dueling like Hamilton and Burr

WOW thats 2 in which we totally agree! Cool

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Why is it disturbing you? You're not a citizen of the United States!

Anyone who would vote for the likes of Kerry, who wishes to strip us of our constitutional rights, is a traitor or someone who hates the American way of life!

Someone who would vote for Kerry, is voting for the downfall of the United States of America and the eventual takeover by the U.N.

So, what should we do, in your eyes, with all of these traitors and haters of the American way of life, who try to vote Kerry?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
So, what should we do, in your eyes, with all of these traitors and haters of the American way of life, who try to vote Kerry?

If Kerry loses, nothing. If Kerry wins, it will be time to seriously reconsider every relationship in your life. It is unacceptable to have a traitor in the White House and while there may be little that one can actually do about that, there is plenty to do about whom one chooses to associate and benefit.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Grady - are you saying that you would cut off all your friends who voted Democratic?

What scares me in that is that it does nothing to promote national unity, and it will do nothing to promote dialogue between liberals and conservatives in America.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What he is sasying I think is if we elect a known traitor as defined by the constitution what is left of our country? Things have reached the breaking point, Fear not though...Bush will win.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I like it when they almost shift but not quite....its the cutest thing I have ever seen. They so serious and all. Relax......ohhhhmmmmm ohhhhhmmmmm.

I promise if you assume your natural form I wont stare. At least not too long.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Grady - are you saying that you would cut off all your friends who voted Democratic?

I would have to reconsider all personal relationships, including those of my family.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpottI would have to reconsider all personal relationships, including those of my family.

You are going to get hammered for that one so I will share the load m8, I would also feel that way...I posted the jist of the conversation with my mother....Even she understands what is at stake here.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The problem here is that the republican and democratic canidates suck!
They are both liars and scum bags. They really don't care about the average American. And if any of you believe they do I have a plot of land in the desert I wanna sell you. What we need is someone who will stand up for the average American and it's obvious the Repubs and dems aren't gonna do it. So untill we have an awareness in this country that wakes people up from the zombie state most of them are in things will not change. imo

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Why is it disturbing you? You're not a citizen of the United States!

Oh, I forgot. The way you see it, your little sandbox is the only one that matters; # what happens anywhere else, huh?

Anyone who would vote for the likes of Kerry, who wishes to strip us of our constitutional rights, is a traitor or someone who hates the American way of life!

In what way would a vote for the Democratic party strip you of your constitutional rights? Maybe you'd rather see a part two of your fine patriot act?

Someone who would vote for Kerry, is voting for the downfall of the United States of America and the eventual takeover by the U.N.

Wow, your paranoia knows no limits, does it? Please elaborate on this ridiculous notion of yours about a UN takeover.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I would have to reconsider all personal relationships, including those of my family.

Divided you fall, indeed.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Divided you fall, indeed.

Simon and Garfunkel Lyrics
I Am a Rock

A winter's day
In a deep and dark December
I am alone
Gazing from my window
To the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow

I am a rock
I am an island

I've built walls
A fortress deep and mighty
That none may penetrate
I have no need for friendship
Friendship causes pain
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.

I am a rock
I am an island

Don't talk of love
Well, I've heard the word before
It's sleeping in my memory
I won't disturb the slumber
Of feelings that have died
If I'd never loved,
I never would have cried

I am a rock
I am an island

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me
I am shielded in my armor
Hiding in my room
Safe within my womb
I touch no-one and no-one touches me

I am a rock
I am an island
And the rock feels no pain
And an island never cries.

Not the most ideal of circumstances, but well within my capacity.

Actually, we really don't need a teenage foreinger to glibly comment of the internal affairs of our nation or the personal decisions of our citizenry. My suggestion is infinitely more complex than you understand, but those who read my words and do understand, will instictively know how to conduct their lives and relationships.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Actually, we really don't need a teenage foreinger to glibly comment of the internal affairs of our nation or the personal decisions of our citizenry.

You know Grady, I'm not at all surprised you feel there is no need for my comments on this issue. But don't you worry, you'll get plenty of more opportunities to whine about my opinion.
Oh, and thank you for calling me a teenager btw. Long time since I heard that last.

My suggestion is infinitely more complex than you understand, but those who read my words and do understand, will instictively know how to conduct their lives and relationships.

Oh, I do understand the context of what you're saying (even though admittedly, english is not my first language). Divided you fall, indeed.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Durden]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join