It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of The US Population Deemed as Traitors?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I've noticed quite a disturbing practice becoming more and more commonplace here on ATS as we've gotten closer to the US election, and that is the use of lables such as anti-american, traitor, US-hater etc. These lables, when I've run across them, have predominantly been used against supporters of the Democratic party.

What gives with this nonsense? Is this a reflection of what's going in the US? 50% of the population being labled traitors and un-american?

As a european, being on the outside looking in, I can only say I find this truly troubling.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What you are reading, seeing, and hearing are the loud squeaky wheels who are attempting to alter liberal voting decisions by using these completely innacurate labels. Its a sad last ditch effort and it won't work, but they still try it anyway.

At least all democrats/liberals have been doing is calling conservatives fear mongerers. Which isn't even close to the seditious name calling from the other side.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Heelstone, what cave have you been hiding in?

At least all democrats/liberals have been doing is calling conservatives fear mongerers. Which isn't even close to the seditious name calling from the other side.

Some of the most hateful rhetoric from this campaign has eminated from the micheal moore, Terry McAulffie, Democratic left. Calling the President "Hitler," Calling Blacks who support the President "Uncle Tom," This is just an example of the few that I've seen and heard. Jesse Jackson tells everyone the "George Bush supports the Confederancy, because he supports states rights?" this is the kind gentle spirit of the Democrats. Democrats have for years had fear and smear teams. Look at how they went after anyone who was against them. Borking is a Democratic term, design to destroy any one they want. Man you need some coffee to wake up. Both sides have been guilty of excessive rhetoric, but to claim that Democrats just accuse conservatives as fear mongerers is blantantly wrong.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
What you are reading, seeing, and hearing are the loud squeaky wheels who are attempting to alter liberal voting decisions by using these completely innacurate labels. Its a sad last ditch effort and it won't work, but they still try it anyway.

"If you're not with us, your against us."

that seems to sum it all up in a nutshell. there's a portion of the republican party that have beem twisting this statement every which way as they claim that anyone who might happen to question Lord Bush's decisions. Unfortunately for them, the list of "unamerican traitors is growing considerably and is beginning to include some prominent republicans who have begun to speak out about his policies.....that should kind of put an end to it.....they can't be calling their fellow republicans traitors for speaking up, can they?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Pay attention,

It has been a route of the American mind for a long time. This is merely a normal progression in a long defined scheme to control power. And it is easily done. The manipulation of a lazy mind requires little finesse.

�Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.�

Nazi Air Force (Luftwaffe) commander
at the Nuremberg War-Crimes Trials, 1946

You must simply know what works and employ it [911]

Look out kid, They keep it all hid.�
Bob Dylan �Subterranean Homesick Blues�

Tut Tut who gives a Carp any Way

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This kind of attitude is endorsed, and encouraged by G.W Bush and his cronies. Look at the repulican Convention in New York. In the country I long believed to be the land of the free......your only free if you agree with what your president wants you to agree with. It makes me cringe.
Hundereds were arrested and held for protesting against Mr Bush and the republicans........never in my life tho, have I seen a situation in a supposedly 'civilised' country where you can be arrested, locked up and charged for supporting an opposition candidate or for peacefully voicing your protest and point of view. This was a disgrace plain and simple......how far will the american government have to go before the american people say NO...ENOUGH???

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by radiant_obsidian
This kind of attitude is endorsed, and encouraged by G.W Bush and his cronies. Look at the repulican Convention in New York. In the country I long believed to be the land of the free......your only free if you agree with what your president wants you to agree with. It makes me cringe.
Hundereds were arrested and held for protesting against Mr Bush and the republicans........never in my life tho, have I seen a situation in a supposedly 'civilised' country where you can be arrested, locked up and charged for supporting an opposition candidate or for peacefully voicing your protest and point of view. This was a disgrace plain and simple......how far will the american government have to go before the american people say NO...ENOUGH???

what about the free speech cages employed by the DNC, where protestors we caged like animals complete with concertina wire to prevent them from escaping. It sorta reminded me of dachau. Both sides are guilty of excessive rhetoric, If you are a Democrat, you blame the RNC, If you are a Republican you blame the DNC. Face it, Demogogery is not exclusive to one party, although I will give the Dems their due, they have taken it to new heights, claiming that Bush will have a draft, when it's the Dems who want it. and lets not talk about lying to seniors telling them that if Bush is re-elected their Social Security check will be taken away from them. I think my favorite of all is Kerry talking about how President Bush is not provinding our forces with what they need, and he voted against everything that was needed.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
and, he was joined by at least half of the senate I presume, since the troops appearantly still don't have the equipment they need!!! Says some really bad things about BOTH of the parties. The safety of the troops, the success of the mission, is playing second fiddle to the fact that these fools can't play nicely together!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by radiant_obsidian
Hundreds were arrested and held for protesting against Mr Bush and the republicans........never in my life tho, have I seen a situation in a supposedly 'civilized' country where you can be arrested, locked up and charged for supporting an opposition candidate or for peacefully voicing your protest and point of view. This was a disgrace plain and simple......how far will the American government have to go before the American people say NO...ENOUGH???

""Gitmo on the Hudson"" detained 1000's with no civil rights no phone calls. The police reigned supreme alongside of CONFUSION. The Courts of New York threw most of the Prosecutions cases out the window and never recognized them. It was Police State in it's finest hour.
It was merely a dress rehearsal, the America, you placed your faith in is now non existent. It is occupied by spineless followers of a idiot in Power. Sound familiar, it should. I am pleased I am OLD.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What about if you do not support the repubs or dems. What does that make you, an enemy combatant. Then that is what I am. I refuse to support Bush (I do however support the troops) I do not support Kerry(he is just as evil as bush). What I do support is this country. And I will fight anyone who tries to do harm, internal or external.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So far it seems that anybody that opposes Bush policies and administration is a traitor, I laugh about it I see it, sometimes as a pitiful attempt for some to scare you into changing your mind, how pitiful, but if this were a totalitarian government you bet it will be many people in jail or executed on site.

I wonder about the ones that call others traitors, sometimes it sounds to me that they are not pro "democracy and freedom of speech at all" whoa they will make the most happy trigger free in a dictatorship.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
50% are traitors?

That's what you get when people accept this moronic 'you are either with us or against us' level of ignorant fascism.

Where's the surprise?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Where's the surprise?

The way things are going, regrettably I'm not really surprised, just disturbed.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well if I am a "Traitor" for not supporting Bush and his cronies, then I guess my Founding Family ancestors who were on the first boats to come to this country are "Traitors" too. You can be sure their answer to the Bush Family and it's actions since the 1930's would be far more decisive than the action we are allowed to take today.

The only good Bush ...

... is a Baked Bean product.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It is inevitable that a very large segment of the American population will vote for a traitor and avowed war criminal on November 2nd, 2004. What we are to call those who will do so would probably be best addressed on a case by case basis. It would be unfair to lump the merely stupid in with the traitors.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Dont yall ever get tired of being played by the big two? Divide and conquer is the oldest trick in the book. They keep both sides spiting and hissing at each other so no one keeps his eye on whats going on in this country. And if someone DOES notice anything like loss of jobs, high taxes, huge national debt, etc just blame it on the other party, its a hell of a lot easier than fixing the problem.

Do you think these people TRULY stand behind their promises? Till we stop dancing like a puppet on their strings NOTHING will change. BOTH have repetedly LIED through there teeth and instead of saying why are electing these liars the best anyone can come up with is "he lies more than our guy"

Vote ALL the bastards out of office and start all over again

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
when I've run across them, have predominantly been used against supporters of the Democratic party.

What gives with this nonsense? Is this a reflection of what's going in the US? 50% of the population being labled traitors and un-american?

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Durden]

No, John Kerry is the traitor, the democrats just follow the traitor. They know no better I guess but that does not make them any less American or a traitor unless they do what John Kerry did..

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is inevitable that a very large segment of the American population will vote for a traitor and avowed war criminal on November 2nd, 2004. What we are to call those who will do so would probably be best addressed on a case by case basis. It would be unfair to lump the merely stupid in with the traitors.

Man that was good!

Originally posted by Amuk

Vote ALL the bastards out of office and start all over again

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Amuk]

I would go for that in a heartbeat.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
The way things are going, regrettably I'm not really surprised, just disturbed.

Why is it disturbing you? You're not a citizen of the United States!

Anyone who would vote for the likes of Kerry, who wishes to strip us of our constitutional rights, is a traitor or someone who hates the American way of life!

Someone who would vote for Kerry, is voting for the downfall of the United States of America and the eventual takeover by the U.N.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'd say Half the population is MISGUIDED..
Not really traitors.

Which half is it?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I'd say Half the population is MISGUIDED..
Not really traitors.

Which half is it?

Come on spacedoubt. You know what half it is. The half that thinks John Kerry is God!

[edit on 19/10/04 by Intelearthling]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join