It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my vote will be a write-in for Ron Paul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

So then your for the back pedaling of this country back into the state of inequality? That doesn't sound like progress, but spin it anyway you'd like.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to Dishonored:

Well clearly I disagree,.. In the 21st century we shouldn't still be discussing equality, it's pathetic. The only way this world will survive is for people to get away from the things that restrict them from loving others. Honestly I'm not the hippie type, I'd say round up every bigot and racist put them on a boat and sink it, this mess wasn't made because people wanted equality it's made by people like you who don't want it. Your post was pathetic and in my eyes unamerican, we are trying to set a standard for the planet, that will never be attained with restrictions of equality. Pathetic simply pathetic, I feel very sorry for you and your warped mind.
edit on 25-10-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

No. I'm all for equality but when the rich get richer due to unfair advantages, like being in control of the money supply or being "in" with those that are, that's not equality.

When less than 1% of people hold 90% of the power, that's not equality.

When big business, big banks, and the military industrial complex control our government, the American people lose. That's not equality.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Originally posted by Thunderheart
a vote for RP or GJ is a vote or obama.
suck it up and vote Barry out of office please.

/thread

Geez.. how many times do I have to un-brainwash people regarding this myth..

Rasmussen: Ron Paul Presidential Bid Would Hurt Obama

As recently of May, this poll shows that if Ron Paul ran 3rd party (against both Romney and Obama), it would HURT Obama, not help him.

I'm not saying this poll represents proof of that this would be the case, but it's enough to prove that the outcome would be uncertain. NOT simply "it'd be a vote for Obama". Stop listening to what MSM tells you

Who cares what polls show regarding someone NOT RUNNING for the office of President of the United States? A vote for Ron Paul is simply the same as not voting at all.

However, a vote for Gary Johnson, is a vote for Gary Johnson.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

So your against Republicans then? Since clearly Big Business is the goal of corporate america and Obama has yet to sell us down stream.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to Dishonored:

Well clearly I disagree,.. In the 21st century we shouldn't still be discussing equality, it's pathetic. The only way this world will survive is for people to get away from the things that restrict them from loving others. Honestly I'm not the hippie type, I'd say round up every bigot and racist put them on a boat and sink it, this mess wasn't made because people wanted equality it's made by people like you who don't want it. Your post was pathetic and in my eyes unamerican, we are trying to set a standard for the planet, that will never be attained with restrictions of equality. Pathetic simply pathetic, I feel very sorry for you and your warped mind.
edit on 25-10-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

I'd like to know which part of my post was "warped", "pathetic" or "unAmerican"? The part where I defended the 1st amendment? You can set your standard all you want, the rest of us need not go along with it. The founders of this country already set the standard. It's not your job to tell the rest of us how to think or act. You sir are unAmerican. You sir are warped and pathetic because of the 2 of us, you sir are the one calling for people to be rounded up like cattle and placed on a sinking ship.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I'm against the two party system or the establishment, however you want to put it.

And I consider $5 trillion in debt over 4 years, "selling us down river", Americans just hasn't been asked to pay up yet.

Not to mention the signing of the NDAA, which allows for the indefinite detention of Americans without just cause or a trial, the wars that never end, and the total lack of transparency that was promised.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I will be "writing in" Ron Paul.
I will be voting for the person who best represents my beliefs.
I realize there is no chance what-so-ever that he be elected.

I am not, however, "throwing my vote away" as many will say.
That is their opinion.

By voting what I truly believe, mine is the most important vote of all, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I sent in my mail in vote for Ron Paul for President two weeks ago. After getting shafted in the primaries (my vote was "challenged" after I was turned away from two different polling places) I decided that I should vote in a way that can at least me audited.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm voting for Gary Johnson if for no other reason than I want to show the movement doesn't die with Ron Paul

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by IndieA

I will be "writing in" Ron Paul.
I will be voting for the person who best represents my beliefs.
I realize there is no chance what-so-ever that he be elected.

I am not, however, "throwing my vote away" as many will say.
That is their opinion.

By voting what I truly believe, mine is the most important vote of all, in my opinion.

I suppose that you are not "throwing your vote away" if it makes you happy to vote for Ron Paul, but in the actual election, voting for someone who is not running, is the same as not voting for the office of President. Obviously, there are numerous other voting voting decisions to be made at the same time, so your ballot isn't a throw away, but your vote for President is only valuable to satisfy yourself. It won't be considered any more than writing in Mickey Mouse.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

It's different because Ron Paul is a real person that ran for the republican nomination and was cheated out of it.

Ron Paul will have a lot more write in votes then Mickey Mouse.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

I get that, but in 2008 there was a about 250,000 write in votes that ended up going into "Other". Out of that, Ron Paul received 47,000 votes and he was on two ballots. Will there be more this time around? Probably. It's just that Santa Claus and Mickey Mouse votes went into the same "Others" total that Ron Paul went into.

Meanwhile Gary Johnson will certainly receive many more votes than the entire "Other " category. That's all I'm saying. Obviously, you should vote for Ron Paul if that's what you want to do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join