It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will worship a Male God.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus
My mood when I posted my original thread was a rather mean one.

Too true, too true.
If you want another example of Arkaleus on a bad day, feel free to read this: www.belowtopsecret.com...

Seems out resident holier-than-thou has a few issues of his own

Odd, normally when I think of the "exalted" (as you SO meekly called yourself) I dont often imagine them using the Lord's name in vain. Hmm.

I find it kind of sad that Arky has the four newest replied to threads in Faith and Spirituality.. Seems like the blind are trying to start a tour group

I guess those whose goal it is to obscure and obfuscate (I can use dictionary.com word of the day too, Arky ole' boy) must rely on quantity rather than quality. Vagueness and flowery speech seem to be just about all your good for

Sidenote: You are kinda hot though. Although, the pursed lip thing is kinda weird.

[Edited on 22-10-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thank you for the link, I laugh every time I read that one. You must save that for special occasions. I meant every word I said in that post, though I wish I had been a little more eloquent and less mad at you.

I still think many of you have no desire to learn anything I know, but hate me for saying, "I know."

It's a wonder you know anything at all. Thieves, you must have stole some wise man's scrolls, because I know he would never have taught you, because you are insufferable.

Arky

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I always imagine the voice of Donald Duck reading your posts to me, that way I have something to do while you drone on.

I dont hate you because you say "I know", I hate that you leave off the "but."

Sure, we all know something. Yes, even me and you (Regardless of your disdain for me, and my laughing at you). But most of us realize that that knowledge is not infallible. Even more importantly, most of us realize that we dont _really_ know it ALL.

But you seem to recognize neither of those universal truths in relation to yourself.

Life is all about learning, but you seem to think that youve already learned it all.

(Enter abrupt subject change riiighht HERE)

There is fallacy and error in all things, even in you. Even in me.

It is this error that makes us all equal. Regardless of your inability to admit it.

You are not exalted, you are not "holy". You are another beating heart and pondering mind. You have attained nothing that someone before you has not already achieved... And there is nothing you have done/thought that someone after you wont do.

Yes you know. We all KNOW. But..(and this is the important part).. there is so much more to learn.

EDIT: You say that we have no desire to learn what you "know".. But what interest have you shown in seriously considering anything we have to say? Rigidity in thought and belief means death of knowledge. Something like that.

[Edited on 22-10-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
All I need to do is weigh the posts I have offered against the posts you have offered.

Most of your posts merely react to my words, without adding to them, or they just tease me and my intentions. Not that I mind this of course, but it's rather like getting barnacles on my boat. (scrape scrape scrape) Crusty beasties, into the deep with ye.

People who just attach things to my posts without attempting to add an equal or opposite point of view are like those pesky barnacles. You have never given a rendition of your worldview, never explained your cosmology, or even described the attributes of man or deity you worship. I know you worship one of those, unless you are a vegetable or something.

I will accept you even if you have to use (www.dictionary.com) or even outright plagarism. Cmon, I use a good portion of my noodle whipping up these posts, the least you can do is respond in kind.

Here is an easy one for you: Why don't you tell us your dreams for the future of mankind? How about the next hundred years or so?

Go for it shidge, I know you haven't burned up all your candles yet.

Arky

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Virgin. Well yeah i am only 13 mate what were you expecting.

Ill have a look around for you post. Make a link to it that will be easier.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Here it is again.

Sign of Christ's Birth

Here is the greatest astrological sign of this era. The symbol of the Saoshyant and the Great King of Jerusalem. The One to restore Justice to the world.

Ark

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Humility is what the god of this world desires, he desires men to be submissive and fearful.

Christ causes good men to be humble, so that he might raise them up to a victorious triumph over evil. We do not remain broken hearted and contrite forever. That is merely the key to redemption. If you do not progress from humilty into valor, then you are not following the commandment of the Lord, but are holding back, and being timid, or not learning.

This battle we are in requires valor, not timid souls hiding on their faces, fearful of the Lord. The fearful are not able to approach God, and them who fear are cast away.

Let us be brave and bold among men, and humble towards God. let us fear men not at all, but venerate God in His wisdom. Let us become wise as God is, for that is His commandment.

Arkaleus

Love knows no fear.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ok, Raphael_UO, ok. It's really ok.

You remind me of an old lady that keeps repeating herself over and over when no one is around.

You keep following my posts around, adding the exact same comments every time like an autistic mantra: Humility, humilty, humilty before God.

Really Raph, I think you need seek others lines of discussion. I am going to worship in my way, and you in yours. I will try to stand, and you will try to prostrate. There is a harmony that exists between these diffrent positions, you may learn how these two exist togther later on.

It's OK Raph, it's really ok.

Arkaleus

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You have never given a rendition of your worldview, never explained your cosmology, or even described the attributes of man or deity you worship. I know you worship one of those, unless you are a vegetable or something.

Here is an easy one for you: Why don't you tell us your dreams for the future of mankind? How about the next hundred years or so?

Sorry it took me so long to reply, first semester of college is street-slang for "hectic".

Anyways. The reason I have never given my rendition of who/what God is to me is because I see the need for each person to discover God themselves. I dont really want to have an effect on anyone else's search for "God". But I will say this: My God is really an amalgum of many different faiths and philosophies. I would say that he most resembles the Christian God in personality and what he wants from us, but is not exactly the same. My God is more personal than what many Christians would have me believe about their God. He is in all things and everything serves him, wether they intend to or not... That is a very general overview.

As far as my hopes for humanity? Ideally, we would all be wiped out and God would start over again

But since that probably wont happen for awhile, I would hope for a few things..

People have to start relying on themselves. (End to laziness)
People dont use drugs/alcohol, etc. as an escape. (Everyone must acknowledge reality and deal with it accordingly)
Personal accountability.
End to greed.
Everyone cares about more than just themselves.
EDIT: No more "If it feels good, do it" crap that everyone seems to be stuck on today. (Especially us damn teenagers, lol)
In general, just more thought. No blind acceptance of anything. Everyone uses the brain God-given to them in a fashion which is beneficial to humanity and life as a whole.

Ugh. I feel cheesy now.

[Edited on 24-10-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Shidge:

I was asking more about the state of the physical world, not what you wished people to be more like on the inside.

My belief is that people are very similar to the stuff that grows on this world. Some trees are full of sweet fruits, some grow tall, some grow strong, others bend over, grow thorns, and are otherwise inedible.

People are kinda predetermined to what they will be because of our natures. We grow from set patterns, and we usually can't escape them.

So all we really can do is organize ourselves brilliantly and build brilliant projects and activities for ourselves. Then we can forget how miserable the human experience is and rejoice in the stuff we do while alive.

Arky

[Edited on 24-10-2004 by Arkaleus]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What's the deal here? You disagree with me, but do not say why, and agree with Raphael_UO, but he said perhaps only four or five sentences.

Why? What am I saying that turns you off? What part of my words makes you disagree with me?

Why does everyone cast their eyes downward, when heaven is upward?

Help me understand what you are disagreeing with. Especially you shorty, because you are only 13 years old.

Arkaleus

well probally because you think that everything you say is the "truth" thats probally why. your just like my brother. he thinks the world needs to hear what he has to say. when in fact the world doesnt give a flying # about whet he has to say. its the same situation here.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The easiest way to render this is to forget about all of your beliefs. Beliefs make you weak and misinformed. Ask yourself where your beliefs come from and you will see that you know not but only pretend to know. You can only know what you know....not what you believe to know.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i will not bash the christian religion, but i cant believe in something i like to call: "A Newbie Religion." it is proven fact that christianity is one of the youngest religions known to man. It also happens to be a mixture of events and such of other religions. Like i said, i didnt wanna bash on christianity, just saying my veiws, and i appologize if i offended anyone.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Ok, Raphael_UO, ok. It's really ok.

You remind me of an old lady that keeps repeating herself over and over when no one is around.

You keep following my posts around, adding the exact same comments every time like an autistic mantra: Humility, humilty, humilty before God.

Really Raph, I think you need seek others lines of discussion. I am going to worship in my way, and you in yours. I will try to stand, and you will try to prostrate. There is a harmony that exists between these diffrent positions, you may learn how these two exist togther later on.

It's OK Raph, it's really ok.

Your attitude is usually a sign of a weak position during a discussion. Your inability to offer a viable counterpoint after I say only 29 words also reflects the strength of your postion. I think you need to better define exactly what you believe. When you do, you will not need to resort to 'a condescending attitude'.

Since your "humility" argument obviously wasn't strong enough to hold up against even a minimal number of words, I will repeat my initial point with a bit of clarification as to what I was actually responding.

If you could only understand love ...

I refuse to befriend them who are timid in the face of this tyranny of Satan.

Satan's nature is the nature of pride.
Pride opposes love.
Love is unconditional.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Raph:

You deserve to be teased a bit. That's what I was doing to you.

All of your posts seem the same to me. You keep following me around. Actually, I wish you would find other people to bother.

Arky

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ark,

You say women are not good, or wise, or divine. Mother Theresa, as an example, wasn't good? The truth is everything God makes is good including women. They are God's creation as you are. They have souls like you. You wouldn't be here if not for a woman, remember that.

Just curious, Were you jilted by a woman or had a bad experience from a woman to make them all "evil"?

You said US women are "the least worthy of any people on Earth." Who are you to judge who is worthy of God's redemption?

"The God of the Old Testament is NOT the God of Jesus Christ."-your quote

God is God, God doesn't change, God is constant, not like us humans. God transcends all space and time. God is ungendered because God is God. The God of the OT is the same God of the NT.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

orginally posted by Arkaleus
You disagree with me, but do not say why, and agree with Raphael_UO, but he said perhaps only four or five sentences.

A flood of words rarely contains a drop of reason. While Raphael_UO's words may be short, they mean a lot.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Raph:

You deserve to be teased a bit. That's what I was doing to you.

All of your posts seem the same to me. You keep following me around. Actually, I wish you would find other people to bother.

Arky

I deserve to be teased? I see.
Here I was thinking you were attempting to create an illusion for an ego.

Of your last 15 topics you created, I posted in 4. If I am following you, I am doing a lousy job having only a 26.7% success rate, and I need to apply myself to the goal with greater zeal.

If all my posts seem the same to you, then you should have had plenty of time to consider a viable response. Seems to me a viable response to 13 words concerning the understanding of Satan and love should not difficult to form in one's mind and place into words. Or perhaps all your talk of love and Satan is just prattle, and you have no understanding of the topic?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why don't you go make some original posts, outlining your bold plan for Christ's Salvation.

Demonstrate your zeal there. Go and teach others what YOU think is correct.

I meant it Raphel_UO GO AWAY. You are like a barnacle. And Herman, just agree with him because you don't like me or what I say.

Go and make some posts of your own and attract a following. Maybe you can be the Anti-Arkaleus Club. Maybe you can call yourselves the Grovellers for Christ.

Either way, we live in entirely incompatible intellectual worlds. I don't want to discuss this any futher, dig?

Arky.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I meant it Raphel_UO GO AWAY. You are like a barnacle. And Herman, just agree with him because you don't like me or what I say.

No, I don't dislike you at all. I don't think I'm smarter than you, but I do disagree with you. I also think that Raphael_UO is a wise person. He's helped me with some stuff along the way, and I think even you could learn a thing or two from him.

I didn't think your post was so bad, until I looked up the word "Venerate", and realized that you think it's a horrible and sinful thing to respect women. I understand where you're coming from, I really do. I constantly become sick to death of the whole feminazi #e. I think we should recognize that men have certain advantages over women, but I also recognize that the same goes vice-versa. I don't think that we should degrade them or disrespect them. I believe that we should be treated equally. What's so bad about that? You do have some good things to say, Arkaleus, but then you make these horrible posts about how terrible America is, and these dooms-day prophecies. You're always judging other people and telling them they're gonna suffer the "wrath" because they don't agree with your outlandish views. You seem wise, but you're views are often clouded by...something that I'm not sure of.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join