It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[PETS] 600 lb. black marlin jumps into fishing boat!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A fishing charter in Australia just had a pretty close encounter with a marlin! The crew was fine with minor injuries and the marlin was released.

The video was captured from four different angles. It looked like quite an adventure! I had no idea that a fish could pull the boat backwards like that! Also, watch as one of the fishermen gets nailed in the head by a chair flung by the marlin.

And, just because...

Why the [PETS] tag? Click here!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
He's lucky he didn't get his head impaled. Was exciting to watch, had my heart pumping lol

This kid wasn't as lucky

don't worry kid is okay

edit on 22-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

That's crazy! When we were on our honeymoon in Cozumel we had the opportunity to go deep sea fishing for blue marlin. It's videos like these that make me glad we didn't!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
That was crazy to watch! I think Marlins are so cool but I wouldn't want one thrashing around on my boat or flinging a chair at me, I think I'd rather just see them IN the ocean - glad no one was hurt

ETA: I should of said seriously hurt, I'm sure that guy's head hurts...
edit on 22-10-2012 by Miri08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It's not a pet. I get Judes intent, but this aint a pet. It's probably one of the things you'd not put into a pet specific forum. Now sure, maybe ol' steamboat joe has a pet marlin. He's only got one eye anyway so we can forgive him. But I doubt you'll be able to buy marlin kibble from the pet store.

if it had said 600lb Labrador jumps into boat, well that's different.

Oo

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Thank you for that. Great vid!

hmmm...If only we had a place to post all these great PETS/ANIMALS vids and stories...

But wait...Why the [PETS] tag? Click here!

Thanks again!

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
It's not a pet. I get Judes intent, but this aint a pet. It's probably one of the things you'd not put into a pet specific forum. Now sure, maybe ol' steamboat joe has a pet marlin. He's only got one eye anyway so we can forgive him. But I doubt you'll be able to buy marlin kibble from the pet store.

if it had said 600lb Labrador jumps into boat, well that's different.

Oo

No, Not a pet...Agreed.

But that's not the sole focus.

PETS/ANIMALS

Why the [PETS] tag? Click here!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Good to see the other team scoring once in a while. Feel the same when a matador gets hit by the bull.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

The point is to just sort of have all "Pets and Animals" type topics partitioned off in hopes of creating the demand for a new off-topic forum that matches that description. While not a pet, it would be something that would go in there. Just using the one tag of [PETS] keeps it simple to find everything.

You can read more about it by clicking here, though it is more specifically due to this post.

edit on 10/22/2012 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken link.

EDIT TO ADD:

jude11, you beat me to it by two minutes!

edit on 10/22/2012 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added some text.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk
He's lucky he didn't get his head impaled. Was exciting to watch, had my heart pumping lol

This kid wasn't as lucky

don't worry kid is okay

edit on 22-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

Not Lucky?

He survived. How lucky is that?

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Again, Thank you for keeping this in the light.

I've been busy with life stuff and am so thankful that I can feel someone else taking on the cause for something I truly feel passionate about.

BTW...Why the [PETS] tag? Click here!

Peace

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sweet Zombie Jesus!! It's Huge!!
futurama aside, I once hooked one on a 120lb handline while fishing for cobia. Wasn't fun....my hands looked like fresh mince afterwards...

new topics

top topics

join