It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone live in Kentucky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am thinking of moving to Kentucky. I lived there as a boy, and want to go back for the remainder of life as we know it. It is myself and my adult son, we are both disabled, and live in a fixed income. So cheap living is what we need. Also a place in need of a computer repairman would be very handy too.. Any and all advice will be considered, and thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Depends in what part?

Western,eastern,north or south.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I don't live in Kentucky, but my brother-in-law and his wife do. Before they settled on Kentucky they had traveled and lived all over the United States. They love it and are very happy there. But be aware, for your line of work you would want to stay in an area near a larger city where you would have enough customers to supply you a decent living. Where my in-laws live there are only a handful of people with computers, and they had to wait three months just to get internet service to their house. Other than that, the cost of living is nice and they were able to get a much bigger and nicer house than they could have gotten elsewhere. There is the cost of heating oil to consider though. Where they live come winter you can't rely on the electricity to keep you warm. People around where they live have generators to run the essentials as sometimes they are without electricity for weeks at a time in the winter due to heavy snow.

new topics

join