It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those who like war or think war's necessary...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
LOL i just read the post by managerie

what a load of religious clap trap! somebody should introduce him/her to philosphy she/he might make up his/her OWN mind for once.

Jesus Himself was willing to sacrifice Himself to save others. If each of us in the world did this, there would never be another war ever again.

If we all did this there would be no one left to fight, correct. Good argument allthough I doubt that is the reasoning you were using though.

Unfortunately, this will not happen because the majority of the world does not know Jesus or His power to overcome our innate natures.

Ok the implied premise here is the ONLY WAY to overcome our urges is good ole JC. Woop, Wooop thats my fallacy detector telling me this is spin!

Allright the UN is far from perfect, but are you suggesting world peace can only come if we subscribe to christian dogma!?!? Where have you been all this time? Western religion and the zomies that follow it are part of the PROBLEM and not a solution to it !

Hi Corinthas,

I was expecting some complaints. Yes, the only way the world will ever find true peace is by having a relationship with Jesus Christ. It's not about aligning with a dogma. It's about accepting His personal guidance in our lives. Naturally, one outcome from the knowing Him is wanting to obey Him and know what He says and has said in His word, the Bible.

You don't have to believe me. It's not that I demand to be "right" here.
I am hoping that as the wars in which we are now engaged get worse and worse and finally come to our soil, you will remember what you have heard and turn to Jesus before it's too late. This world is aligning now for what Revelation calls "the last days", "the end of days", etc. In that time, if Christians like me are still here, we will be persecuted and killed for our allegiance to Jesus. I am trying to reach people where I can while there is still time fror people to turn. As the old saying goes, "if I saw someone driving toward a cliff he did not see, would it more loving to tell him or to let him go over the cliff?"

No, correct Biblical beliefs are not the problem in this world, but the answer, the only answer, the only hope this world has. Jesus warned all His followers that "they hated Me, they're going to hate you!" Many people misapply the teachings of Jesus. The Crusades in the 11th century were an attempt to force Jesus and Christianity on people through the sword which gave all believers a major black eye. I can only point people to Jesus and expect that some will be angry, mocking, and hateful as I do so, but I cannot, will not force Him on anyone. Jesus would NEVER approve of that. You must come to Him out of your own choice to seek him. There are many more individuals who have genuinely sacrificed themselves so that others would come to know Jesus.

I would be very interested in understanding why you think Christianity is part of the problem? I would just like to understand where you are coming from. Maybe I can help clarify something for you.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The only answer you're going to get is that you don't know #e.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Actually, Grady said the Basic School, not Basic Training. Basic School is a training program in the Marine Corps to train officers in the very primary levels of command in the Marine Corps, concentrated on leading a platoon. So it's not really basic training, it just teaches the basics on how to be a Marine Corps officer.

yeah which is basic officer training reallly, please dont be padantic.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
We were discussing information and understanding and the lack of.., the conversation has nothing to do with the simplistics of a rifle or what children know or learn in school or from their mum or dad.

you said he was just a kid ,meaning "what could he know" you an adult of course so you know so much more..............yeah like all adults know alot about everything. he may know more about things than you do and vice versa , thats all im saying. also where the hell do you learn rifle drills in school?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

wow what a reply, dont you agree mad?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Are you talking to me vincere ? Well, I think that answer just about sums up your credibilty and intelligence.

Devilwasp, this joker claims he is some sort of DOD contractor, but will not elaborate, that just doesnt wash here.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by mad scientist]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
mad scientist,

So are you saying you know everything? If you think you do, you are just about the dumbest man on the planet.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

I wasn't being padantic. I tell ya, some of the fuses on ATS are incredibly short.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
How many of those who oppose war, agree with the extermination of the Jews? Should we let a tyrant like Hitler has his way with the final solution. I am amazed that people will forget the horrors of Dauchu and Auschwitz. The Genocide of a race of people should always be attacked. The left would have you believe that Osama bin Laden is the only terrorist that matters because he attacked the WTC. I have news for all of you. Islamic Terrorist were born out of Nazi Germany.

-----

The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem: Haj Amin el Husseini, the father of all Isamic terrorist, arrived in Europe in 1941 following the unsuccessful pro-Nazi coup which he organized in Iraq. He met German foreign minister Joachim von Ribbentrop and was officially received by Adolf Hitler on November 28,1941 in Berlin. Nazi Germany established for der Grossmufti von Jerusalem a Bureau from which he organized the following: 1) radio propaganda on behalf of Nazi Germany; 2) espionage and fifth column activities in Muslim regions of Europe and the Middle East; 3) the formation of Muslim Waffen SS and Wehrmacht units in Bosnia-Hercegovina, Kosovo-Metohija, Western Macedonia, North Africa, and Nazi-occupied areas of the Soviet Union; and, 4) the formation of schools and training centers for Muslim imams and mullahs who would accompany the Muslim SS and Wehrmacht units. As soon as he arrived in Europe, the Mufti established close contacts with Bosnian Muslim and Albanian Muslim leaders. He would spend the remainder of the war organizing and rallying Muslims in support of Nazi Germany.

Husseini was at the forefront of Islamic militancy and �terrorism� directed against the British/French/US occupation. Hassan el Banna formed the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt in 1928. The Muslim Brotherhood had links to the Grand Mufti and worked with him in Palestine, sending volunteers in support of the Palestinian uprisings in 1936, 1939, and during the 1948 war. The Muslim Brotherhood sought to establish Muslim states based on the Sharia, Islamic law, and the Caliphate system of political rule, wherein each Islamic state would be ruled by a Caliph. Islam is �creed and state, book and sword, and a way of life.� In Pakistan, Syed Abdul Ala Maududi founded the Jamaat Islami movement with the goal of establishing Muslim theocratic states based on Koranic law. Egyptian Sayed Qutb of the Muslim Brotherhood continued the movement after World War II. The Muslim Brotherhood had offshoots: the Egyptian Islamic Jihad and Hamas. Haj Amin el Husseini, the Muslim Brotherhood, Jamaat Islami, Islamic Jihad, all form the roots and historical background for the emergence of the Al Quaeda network, the mujahedeen of Afghanistan, and Ossama Bin Laden. Ayatollah Khomeini and Bosnian Muslim leader Alija Izetbegovic would be influenced by the anti-secular, anti-Western, radical Muslim nationalist movements. In his book The Islamic Declaration, (Islamska Deklaracija, 1970; republished, 1990), Izetbegovic rejected the secular conception of an Islamic state espoused by Kemal Ataturk. Izetbegovic sought to create an Islamic state based in the Sharia, a state where religion would not be separate from the state, i.e., an Islamic theocratic state. Izebegovic established close links to Ossama Bin Laden and al-Qeada and invited mujadedeen forces to join the Bosnian Muslim Army. Izetbegovic later would give Ossama Bin laden a special Bosnian passport and the mujahedeen �freedom fighters� would receive Bosnian citizenship and passports. One of the hijackers of the second attack on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, possessed a Bosnian passport.

www.serbianna.com...

----

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Are you talking to me vincere ? Well, I think that answer just about sums up your credibilty and intelligence.

Devilwasp, this joker claims he is some sort of DOD contractor, but will not elaborate, that just doesnt wash here.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by mad scientist]

well if i may mad i would like to ask him a few questions, give you a break for a while.
now ,vincere7, you say your a DOD contractor is this true or not?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

I wasn't being padantic. I tell ya, some of the fuses on ATS are incredibly short.

you were man seriosly ,i dont have a short fuse BTW.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Basic officer training is taken care of when you are at the service academies or in ROTC.

TBS is more like advanced officer training, with a focus on leadership and tactics.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Basic officer training is taken care of when you are at the service academies or in ROTC.

TBS is more like advanced officer training, with a focus on leadership and tactics.

he he OTC i seen them training he he thier funny doing all the stuff its well funny and with white helmets.
really? thought it was diffrent, oh well.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Once again, the focus of the thread has been lost. People have forgotten that it's about death and the conditions of death.

Last week, I learned that an uncle of mine had passed away. He was 79, and had Alzheimer's disease. As he died in his sleep, my father and I agreed that he passed in a way that preserved his dignity and provided him with peace. He passed without even knowing about it, and without lingering too long after losing the powerful mind which was once his.

Why do I take this to such a personal level? Because in my mind, the WTC jumpers, by contrast, died in one of the most horrific ways there is to die. When those pictures were taken, when those people were in the air, upside down, they already knew that death would be the inevitable outcome. There was no choice. And they knew that it would hurt, and completely obliterate their body. So in the time they were in free fall, they knew all that and had no choice but to accept it. I will always grieve for them, knowing the terror they must have felt in their last moments of life.

I will always grieve for every victim of war, too. Those pictures show how badly war can rob one's dignity in death, or autonomy in life.

Sometimes war is worth it, sometimes not. But war is always a tragic affair, it's always a loss.

And I think monica did right in posting those images. Pride in the military aside, people need to know that war is not only a parade, cool-uniform, viril-and-strong, gonna-kill-me-some-enemy affair. War is butchery.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

he he OTC i seen them training he he thier funny doing all the stuff its well funny and with white helmets.
really? thought it was diffrent, oh well.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by devilwasp]

Maybe that is how you do things in your military, but that is not the way we do them in ours.

There are few funny moments when you are training to be an officer, especially for the Marines.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Maybe that is how you do things in your military, but that is not the way we do them in ours.

There are few funny moments when you are training to be an officer, especially for the Marines.

hmm well diffrent styles for diffrent units and diffrent roles.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
wasp and mad, ok kiddies we have chatted long enough. wasp you decided to get involved in a dispute that wasn't yours by taking words out of context because you're young with a young self esteem. You seem like a bright young man and I made no derogatory remarks towards you.

mad, you simply are uneducated as to a world you don't know exists. That comes with age but then again you can live a long ignorant life. To some I agree this is bliss. As to my contractor status I am active but due to DOD confidentiality am not at liberty to discuss any matters on the subject. I don't kow if you understand that or not but it doesn't matter.

Yes people besides yourself have much greater knowledge on what is really going on. Nothing however pertaining to chits on DOD can be posted as the information is confidential. You will not see any information from DOD discussed or posted here only what you read in the papers and see with your eyes.

As to the casualty rate well maybe in thirty years you'll find out what happened.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

As to my contractor status I am active but due to DOD confidentiality am not at liberty to discuss any matters on the subject. I don't kow if you understand that or not but it doesn't matter.

Dude, what are you talking about?

You would still be able to list what you do for the DOD, anyone who actually works for the DOD can state who they are and what they do.

Anyone who is in a position to not reveal that sort of info would never be allowed to visit a site like this.

Try again.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

mad, you simply are uneducated as to a world you don't know exists. That comes with age but then again you can live a long ignorant life. To some I agree this is bliss. As to my contractor status I am active but due to DOD confidentiality am not at liberty to discuss any matters on the subject. I don't kow if you understand that or not but it doesn't matter.

I don't know the world exists
, well I have been to over 40 countries. Typical BS artist doesn't have to explain anything by siting confidentiality, yeah right
. This is so ridiculous I cant stop laughing.

Yes people besides yourself have much greater knowledge on what is really going on. Nothing however pertaining to chits on DOD can be posted as the information is confidential. You will not see any information from DOD discussed or posted here only what you read in the papers and see with your eyes.

You mean people like you
, you actually seem to be less infromed than half the poeple on this site. Please enough with this fanatasy, it's way too transparent.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If I wanted to promote civilian products that would be fine in spamming the thread but I certainly am not going to reveal the identity of what we do or who we are publically on this forum. That would not only be irresponsible but a breach in security.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join