It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highlanders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just saw the movie wanted to know if there is any information on any secret societies/groups involving people like the Highlanders and the Obervers. I apologize if there is already a thread on this Im just dying to learn any more on this subject

After all I am the Navajo Prophet

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Grow up kid, there is no such thing. It was just a movie made up by two people from a vivid imagination. As a "prophet" I thought you'd see that.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yeah but we are all allowed to dream.............. Were you never a kid???

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey i take that to offense just kidding though but seriously it was a good movie might as well close this thread now Mods

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Actually, there may be more truth to the Highlander story than would appear possible at first glance.

What if, for example, fallen angels were exiled from the heavens (space) and confined to the earth in human bodies?

The lyrics to the Highlander theme song by Queen are very interesting.

"Words and music by Freddie Mercury

Here we are.Born to be kings.
We're the princes of the universe.
Here we belong.Fighting to survive.
In a world with the darkest powers.
And here we are.We're the princes of the universe.
Here we belong.Fighting for survival.
We've come to be the rulers of your world.
I am immortal.I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival.No man can be my equal.
Take me to the future of your world.
Born to be kings.Princes of the universe.
Fighting and free.Got your world in my hand.
I'm here for your love and I'll make my stand.
We were born to be princes of the universe.
No man could understand.My power is in my own hand.
Ooh.Ooh.Ooh.Ooh.People talk about you.
People say you've had your day.
I'm a man that will go far.
Fly the moon and reach for the stars.
With my sword and head held high.
Got to pass the test first time - yeah.
I know that people talk about me I hear it every day.
But I can prove you wrong cos I'm right first time.
Yeah.Yeah.Alright.Watch this man fly.
Bring on the girls.
Here we are.Born to be kings.We're the princes of
the universe.Here we belong.Born to be kings.
Princes of the universe.Fighting and free.
Got the world in my hands.I'm here for your love.
And I'll make my stand.
We were born to be princes of the universe."

(From www.sing365.com)

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Ischyros]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
just out of curiosity, are you really a navajo or is that your call sign, and if so what tribe?

i am native as well, just curious...ponca tribe

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Immortals Are Real.
In Wiccan Relagion Immortals Are Real I Have Even Heard That is Such A Secret Group Of Them I Don't Know If It Is True Or Not But I Guess We Can All Wish.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed483
Immortals Are Real.
In Wiccan Relagion Immortals Are Real I Have Even Heard That is Such A Secret Group Of Them I Don't Know If It Is True Or Not But I Guess We Can All Wish.

Wiccans: ^ Perfect example.

::proceeds to watch the craft::

and you want to know why many of you don't know the truth? if told, someone would just twist the story anyway to make it sound cool because someone told them something else.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
just because you cannot see it does not mean it is not true.
Christianty is a big joke it is the belief in A theaf.
But Wicca,Druidism, paganism All Belief In Nature. So You Cannot Judge Somthing If U Think It is Not True. So Think About It First Before You Decide On Somthing.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ischyros
Actually, there may be more truth to the Highlander story than would appear possible at first glance.

What if, for example, fallen angels were exiled from the heavens (space) and confined to the earth in human bodies?

If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you watch Highlander 2: The quickening. Personally I don't think it truly fits in the Highlander mythos, but it does fit in with what you said in your post.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned, there are only 2 Highlander movies,...

The original "Highlander" and...
"Highlander 3: The Apology"

Highlander 2 was so bad that it actually ruined the first movie.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'd like to go one up on that JaseP. I say; "There should only be one!"

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

As far as I am concerned, there are only 2 Highlander movies,...

The original "Highlander" and...
"Highlander 3: The Apology"

Highlander 2 was so bad that it actually ruined the first movie.

I fully agree, hehe...there was NO Highlander 2, it is erased from our memories....

Well, may surprise you to know, that there IS some reference of a secret society similar to "The Watchers" of the Highlander mythos.... It goes by many names, "Talamusca, Inconnu, Watchers, etc." Supposedly, this organization is made up of historians who track the movements and activities of powerful supernatural entities. It's usually more about tracking angels/demons in human form. I never really looked into it much, but now I'm intrigued, so I'll let you know if I find anything.

EDIT: The most common (non-fictional) reference is indeed Biblical in nature. Refers to a group of angels called the "Grigori". These Giants also seem to enjoy the company of humans, and often served as an intermediary between them. (according to the mythos). When appearing in human form, they are usually between 6 and 7 1/2 feet tall.

"And the men carried me up on to the fifth heaven, and I saw there many troops, Grigori, and their appearance was human and their size greater than that of great giants and their faces withered, and the silence of their mouths perpetual, and there was no service on the fifth heaven, and I said to the men who were with me, 'Why are their faces melancholy and withered, their mouths silent, and why is there no service on this heaven?' And they said to me, 'These are the Grigori, who with their prince Satanail, rejected the Lord of light, and after them are those who are held in great darkness on the second heaven and three of them went down to earth from the Lord's throne to the place Ermon, and broke through their vows on the shoulder of the hill Ermon and saw how good are the daughters of men. They took them as their wives, and befouled the earth with their deeds, and in all times of their age were lawless and promiscuous. Giants (Nephilim) were born and marvelous big men and great enmity. And therefore God judged them with great punishment, and they weep for their brethren and they will be punished on the Lord's great day.'" NOTE: Grigori. Giant angels, also called Watchers, who revolted in Heaven and sinned with the daughters of men. In Genesis 6:2, "the sons of God (fallen angels), looking at the daughters of men, saw that they were pleasing and married as many as they chose." The intercourse of God's angels with humans enraged God. In Genesis 6:3, we read God's words: "My spirit must not be disgraced in man, for he is but flesh." As punishment "his life shall last for no more than a hundred and twenty years." For all this wickedness and corruption, in the next lines, God introduces Noah and the Flood. Ermon is considered to be Mount Hermon in upper Galilee today.

EDIT: Another note is that Highlander isn't the only one to use such a society. The Buffy the Vampire Slayer mythos also calls them "Watchers", whereas Anne Rice prefers the more historical term "Talamusca". A variety of other fictional mythoi use "Inconnu"...

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join