It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im new and EXTREMELY Paranoid about...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hello, Im glad I can finally post, i've been a reader on here for a while...
I've been a member for about a month now, but everyone here is usually quicker to answer than I.

Anyways...

I've mainly hung out in the science/medical/technology threads, and the culmination of all this is that I feel that even if we get implants that turn us into numbers, or if we're exploited in anyway...I don't think we'll realize it.

I've seen people write here that it'll be "them, their gun and spam in a basement against the world", (check "The Who"-"we won't get fooled again") but, I strongly doubt we'll know it or have a chance to combat it, getting an implant doesn't have to be through a syringe..I think there will be other ways. besides...The government and other organizations already watch us. Actually I wonder how many times this site has been visited by "officials"/organizations etc.

In my naughty younger teenage years, whilst looking on the net for some "stuff" *cough* I got a pop-up that locked up- What it said was that basically Bellsouth was monitoring pages that I visited with an "internet blackbox".
then it showed that last couple of pages I visited, then it displayed the fines and/or years in prison I could get for underage *viewing*

It scared the crap out of me, and I yanked the computer cord. When I rebooted, I wiped as much as I could about my internet "doings." (FYI- I don't look at the stuff anymore). I was scared for the rest of the week.
It just demonstarted to me the ease at which we can be monitored.

Sorry for the long post- but I had to get that out, I realize that hanging out here makes people paranoid.

you guys are great.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by degoat87]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS,degoat87

Any questions feel free to u2u me happy to help
I'll cya around the site.
se7en

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Your paranoid???

Hey, join the club ok... My husband is gone on a ski lecture and i'm all by myself!

Talk about paranoid, i've been paranoid the past two nights... I hate being by myself!! Yes, I'm needy..

Anyhoo... A warm welcome from a paranoid member...

You'll fit right in.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just because your paranoid doesnt mean they aren't after you

PROPARANOID? What does it mean?

1) paranoid ~ a medical term applied to someone who mistakenly fears being persecuted by others... followed, spied upon, stalked, threatened, etc.
2) opposite of paranoid ~ sorry, there is no medical term in the English language for someone properly reacting to ACTUAL persecution. Some say 'cautious' is the word, but ONLY the victim seems to use that word, usually in self defense against suggestions of being paranoid. Why? Our civilization, certainly as exemplified by professionals within law enforcement, the courts, and medical institutions, simply does not want to believe in conspiracy or bogeymen. If you ask for help, you are simply dismissed as being paranoid, even if you have proof to the contrary -- they don't want to hear it, and the victim is victimized a second time in a whole new way.

On the other hand... metanoia is an illness defined as 'the belief that everyone is good/benign and the world/universe only wants to help you' regardless of the reality. This is the TRUE opposite of paranoia but represents an inverse illness. Excuse me for saying it, but this would seem to be the state of mind of all law enforcement, media, and medical professionals: thus by their behavior, it is THEY who are mentally ill!

3) proparanoid~ someone who wishes to aid and support those accused of being paranoid, especially when help has been denied elsewhere; a concatenation of 'professional paranoid' -- see next. See also HOW TO GET HELP

4) Professional Paranoid ~ title of a how-to book on personal safety and privacy by H. Michael Sweeney ~ The Professional Paranoid: How to Fight Back When Investigated, Stalked, Harassed, or Targeted by Any Agency, Organization, or Individual

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

In my naughty younger teenage years, whilst looking on the net for some "stuff" *cough* I got a pop-up that locked up- What it said was that basically Bellsouth was monitoring pages that I visited with an "internet blackbox".

Is it possible that your internet settings had some sort of parental control settings?

Welcome to ATS. Enjoy the journey.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hi,

About the internet tracking, it is much more overblown of an issue. That pop-up that you got was a little piece of software called spy-ware that looked at the local internet history on your local machine. There is so much internet data going on from billions of users that it would fill more servers than the world has in fairly short order if it was saved forever.
Furthermore, the government (or anyone else we fear) don't have the people to analyze this information even if it was stored. They have to
prioritize any review or analysis. Heck, we are months behind in audio
review of Al-qaeda tapes? And then, why would they pick you to listen in on. Let's face it, most of us, not me of course, are far less interesting to the government or "them" than we (I) sometimes want to think.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If you fear what may be on your computer, here are some things to do so you can see if you have any tracking software-they are free downloads.

Spybot search and distroy 1.3
AdAware SE Personal version
Pest patrol

you can download then at cnet.com. the forst two are freeware. pPest patrol is a cut version, it does everything but remove what it finds. That is not important, as it gives you the full path to what it finds-just go to the file and delete it and empty your trashcan.

best of luck, if you have any further questions, please feel free to u2u me.

new topics

top topics

join