It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil for Food Scandal Research Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

WE WANT YOU...

To exploit this biggest scandal to ever plague man.

We are looking for a few good men (or ladies) to help on the Oil For Food Research project here on ATS. Our mission is to discover how deep this scandal goes within the UN, EU, and US. This is the biggest fiscal fiasco man has ever partaken in and it is our job to find out where this money has gone and who and what it has enfluends.

This is a crucial issue that is barely talked about in the Media. We need to bring this thing out in the light with some real evidence and discussion. This could change teh way countires co-exist with each other. This scandal could bring about the end of the UNited Nations.

If you are interested in this research project please u2u me or instant message me at Quicksilver801.

RESEARCH TEAM MEMBERS
AceOfBase
American Mad Man
jrsdls
Quicksilver
QuietSoul
Donttredonme

[edit on 10^19^04 by Quicksilver]

[edit on 10^26^04 by Quicksilver]

[edit on 10^27^04 by Quicksilver]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Quick question round first please...

How can you possibly hope to find how deep this scandal goes when most of the proper records are available only to the UN?

Why is it crucial? It was headline news a few weeks ago but I havent heard anything since. The UN is conducting an investigation and thats about it. Oh, and I wouldn't be so melodramatic in introducing this as it's really not that big of a scandal when you put it in global context.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
It was headline news a few weeks ago but I havent heard anything since.

Thats exactly the reason we want to research it here because it hasnt gotten any press on the major media outlets, well not the way it should.

The UN is conducting an investigation and thats about it. Oh, and I wouldn't be so melodramatic in introducing this as it's really not that big of a scandal when you put it in global context.

An internal investigation on its own corruption. Hmm were all skeptics here im suprised were not all on this already. And it is a huge scandal in context of the world. One its the biggest money scandal to ever happen on earth. Two its has direct consequences what happens today in iraq and why many countries wouldnt side withthe US in the Gulf War 2. Many of the UN security council members were gettin payoff from Iraq. DOnt believe me then join the research team and prove me wrong. I would love for you to.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
1. Thats because theres no real new information being released about the subject and probe. Theres only so long you can keep a story in a cycle without having a fresh approach.

2. Yes an internal investigation. I believe the UN has an entire department that deals with corruption or possible ethics concerns regarding member nations and funds. The records of this will probably not be made public.

As for countries declining to join Gulf War 2, I think you'll find it was because the evidence was false. I won't be joining this project as I honestly don't believe it could ever go anywhere.

Kudos to whoever tries. I'm sure it'll make great reading anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
bump

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
[edit on 10^18^04 by Quicksilver]

How can you justify saying that? What about the Jewish holocost? The Tuskegee Experiment? Abu Gharib? Mai Lai? The Rape of Nanking? The Inquisition? The Crusades? Russian Pogroms? Dropping the Atom bomb? The Trail of Tears? The Bataan Death March? Etc. et al.

"This is the biggest fiscal fiasco man has ever partaken in..."

A little over the top, don't you think? Sounds like you guys have an agenda, and the food-for-oil thing is just a means to an end. What that agenda is, I can't fathom. Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The UN is spending 30 million of Iraq's money to see if there was fraud in their handling of Iraq's money.
I think thats mishandling their money right there.

Quicksilver I think its a good idea to investigate it, even if we can just paint a better picture of News stories on the subject as a whole.

At the speed the UN moves I wont be holding my breath for the results of their probe.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

[edit on 10^18^04 by Quicksilver]

How can you justify saying that? What about the Jewish holocost? The Tuskegee Experiment? Abu Gharib? Mai Lai? The Rape of Nanking? The Inquisition? The Crusades? Russian Pogroms? Dropping the Atom bomb? The Trail of Tears? The Bataan Death March? Etc. et al.

"This is the biggest fiscal fiasco man has ever partaken in..."

A little over the top, don't you think? Sounds like you guys have an agenda, and the food-for-oil thing is just a means to an end. What that agenda is, I can't fathom. Just my two cents.

I may have over stated it a bit but i really dont think that the Jewish holocost and the others werent really a scandal but more tragedies. This oil for food crisis scandal is a huge thing. I dont see why many of th epeople here dont see that it is. YOu have our world leaders throwing away there moral standings for a bit of money. We have the leaders of the strongest countries doin this and tryin to hide this by not wanting to go into iraq. We have speculations of the Secretary Generals son getting kick backs from this! THis effects the world. Dont underestimate this scadal.

Also curme i have no agenda for this report i merely want to see what we can dig up and see if we can deny ignorance and find the truth. Also its just me who is tryin to start this research project not ATS staff so its not some big ats conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'd sure like to know what's going on with the Oil-for-food scandal. The mainstream media just touches the tip of it now and again.
It IS major because it affects how our potential allies in the Middle East view us.
At least two countires balked at supporting us because they profitited from the UN program (France and Russia).

Unfortunately, I wonder how difficult it would be to find unbiased info on Oil-for-food???
Quicksilver, if this project has a future on ATS, I might be able to lend a hand.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
updated members.

We will being this project around NOv. 5

IF your still interested please u2u me

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Unless there's another Abu Gharib I don't know about, I find it's grouping with the rest of those atrocities rather...specious.

Also, I agree that things like the Holocaust aren't done justice by the word "Scandal". Monica Lewinksy was a Scandal. Watergate was a Scandal. The Holocasut wass a failure of Mankind.

[edit on 10-26-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Unless there's another Abu Gharib I don't know about, I find it's grouping with the rest of those atrocities rather...specious.

Also, I agree that things like the Holocaust aren't done justice by the word "Scandal". Monica Lewinksy was a Scandal. Watergate was a Scandal. The Holocasut wass a failure of Mankind.

[edit on 10-26-2004 by Esoterica]

Abu Gharib was blown way out of porportion. IT is not a travesty in any way. TO put that in the same catagory as the Holocaust is shamefull.

yes what the soldiers did was bad but if could have be worse. I had a friend that was captive in iraq in teh first gulf war. He said what they did in Abu Gharib would have been a cakewalk for him

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

updated members.

We will being this project around NOv. 5

IF your still interested please u2u me

Is this still gonna happen

top topics

join