It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book Review: Left Behind by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B Jenkins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This book is the first in I believe now is up to an 11 part series. I'm about halfway through the first book and have to say 'wow' When a book can throw in the Anti-Christ, Human-Reptoids, Armageddon, The Ravage, the Illuminatti, all together in one series it is definitely worth reading. It's about all of these rolled into one. I'm a bit behind the times here in Germany, but this was a New York Times best seller and has sold over 40 million.

I'm curious if anyone else has read this book/series? And if so, what did you think of it? I think the authors did an excellent job in the first book so far in setting the stage for the following stories. The way the chaos breaks out and the vanishing people is definitely good.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Wait til you get to the third book...that's when I said I can't take this anymore..I couldn't get past the "stupid" love thing going on I guess?? But my friend said the same thing and if you CAN get past it, then the whole series is a good one

I'm just not a noval reader really, that's why I put it down..I like mostly factual books or factual atleast to the writor he he..(and reader)
But hey!! Let me know how it turns out..maybe I'll pick it up again..
Magestica

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I read about the first 3 or 4 books. But being someone who used to lost in mental flights of fancy I realized the books were making me more paranoid than I already am. Besides, the world is a terrible screwed up place, that makes me naturally paranoid, I decided I did not need someone elses hell fire and brimstone.
I have to say that they are tremendously easy to read. I think I read the first 3 in about a week.

Some peeps in my family also take them WAY WAY too seriously. I have family members that go to the church that bought the film rights to them (the first 2 have already been made.. with Kirk Cameron as Buck
). So some around here take these books almost as gospel.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
They stupidly put it on video first....then theaters...

It was pretty decent, and I keep meaning to get the book, and start the series...

join