It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they create just an all purpose vehicle???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I was thinking about this today, and the idea of a car that can also act as a boat should be very common place by now. Cuz tons of people have cars and boats, so why not a combo. I know there's a few out there that sell for like over 100k and you have to order a year in advance and crap like that. But just a off the shelf version should be something anyone can buy. The other thing that's emerging is the plane or gyrocopter car, which is emerging.

What I propose is this. A car that DOES IT ALL!

It should be: A economical or hybrid car with room for 4. Plane, Boat and Sub. All blended into one vehicle. Maybe in reality they already exist, but the problem is they allow for too much capability meaning too much freedom of moment. Or maybe it's just too complex. Or maybe when you see a UFO that's what that is, but they're just not available to the general public.

But you think some genius inventor could have figured out a toy like this buy now. And something that looks NORMAL or even cool so that people might actually buy one.

I found this.... this could be fun to take to the beach. Only thing it's lacking is some speed on top of the water.

okay this one is cool...

now if it had a flight mode and and a actual sub mode (where you don't get wet)

This one could be cool as long as they allow you to take off from any ordinary road. That would be cool. The look and the wings are kinda goofy though. Needs to look like a Ferrari.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
theres enough prats in cars dont want them in boats and flying too

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Bring back the old 50's VW bug. It went everywhere. If it rolled on it's side going around a corner you could just roll it back.
They didn't even dent half the time on a slow flop. They could even float for a while, just a little modification and they could have been used as boats. They could even transport eight people at a time and no seatbelts were needed when transporting that many people, where were you going to go when packed that tight in the tin can.

edit on 18-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's simply not practical.

We're used to cars that take up a certain amount of space on the road and in the parking lots.

Add wings to allow it to fly and there goes your space. Retractable wings? Difficult to pull off.

Adding water travel isn't hard at that point because you're basically air-tight on the bottom, but SUBMERSIBLE is a different animal.

You have to be water tight at pressure + your propulsion is probably screwed. You're talking transfer cases, etc. which all adds to the weight.

Not practical.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
unless you have a fear of bridges i don't see why anyone would need one.

like you mentioned though there are a few toys for rich people.
but they're either a car that does a bad impression of a boat, or a boat that does a bad impression of a car.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
unless you have a fear of bridges i don't see why anyone would need one.

like you mentioned though there are a few toys for rich people.
but they're either a car that does a bad impression of a boat, or a boat that does a bad impression of a car.

Well it wouldn't be meant to compete with the Toyota Corrola or the Ford F150 that's for sure. it's just a play toy. but it would be kinda cool to drive to the mountains, go into flight mode, fly to a remote cabin land on the lake, then boat and go into sub mode, all in one. to do that right now you need a car to get to the mountains, a float plane to get you to the lake with no roads, and a boat, and a sub. Like do it all with one ride, it would be rock!

top topics

join