It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open letter to Republicans: Vote Badnarik or don't vote at all

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by edsinger
He makes many of a Christain faith want to puke.
[edit on 18-10-2004 by edsinger]

What makes you think the rest of us care?

Well it is obvious you dont. So alienate 2/3 of the population of your country then just becuase you dont give a rats ass about anyone else's beliefs? ok you are so entitled.......

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
edsinger I have a good post for this on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And for the record I live in the rural south and I doubt that 1 out of 100 of us in my town thump the bible like you do. At the most MAYBE 10% go to church on any kind of regular basis. Most people answer Christian on the polls because thats what there parents hell I answer Christian on the polls.

Most of us take it with a grain of salt

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

edsinger I have a good post for this on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And for the record I live in the rural south and I doubt that 1 out of 100 of us in my town thump the bible like you do. At the most MAYBE 10% go to church on any kind of regular basis. Most people answer Christian on the polls because thats what there parents hell I answer Christian on the polls.

Most of us take it with a grain of salt

Well I was raised in the rural south and I disagree, that is the Bible belt big time. When will there be gay marriage in Mississippi? Alabama?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Well I was raised in the rural south and I disagree, that is the Bible belt big time. When will there be gay marriage in Mississippi? Alabama?

Took a long time to give blacks equal rights too. I have lived here all my life and if you believe it or not is no sweat off my back. I live in a small town and there are SEVERAL openly gay couples here and they are treated the same as any one else, no one really cares.

I just voted on it (Gay Marriage) today here in Arkansas.

Guess how I voted?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I just voted on it (Gay Marriage) today here in Arkansas.

Guess how I voted?

Well dont hold your breath........

Arkansas, ah Beautiful state....Went looking for diamonds last year!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Well dont hold your breath........

Arkansas, ah Beautiful state....Went looking for diamonds last year!

Believe it or not its looking fairly close but to be honest I dont think it will pass THIS year.

And yes it is the most beautiful place in the world

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete

Hell, look at this guy:

Belittling a party because of ONE candidate that has run on their ticket a decade ago, rather then attacking what issues you might disagree with them about isn't denying ignorance!

Also, why not run for President? That spoiler garbage is a weak argument at best. Would the party get anything close to the exposure it has gotten just running congressional candidates? Of course not.

Oh MAN, I forgot about that...You'll have to admit, wearing a hairpiece like that SCREAMS of honesty.

Yeah, I know that the Howard Stern thing was a while ago.
But it left a lasting impression.
I also believe he's a fairly honest guy..
His self deprecating honesty is what made him famous.

It's a toughie, figuring out who would represent the LP, AND be
accepted by enough people in the nation...Who do you run?

kix

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Again that is misleading, I paid for for a gallon of gas last week than I ever have before $2.43, yet I would have paid more in purchase power in 1980.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by edsinger]

Are You John titor??? who gives a rats a$$ what Reagan did or did not do? Bottom line GWB has indebted the US, and that poses a WORLD risk, I remember when they laughed at the Euro, they said that countries like Spain, Portugal etc would devaluate the currency, and now its the other way around.....those guys are preotecting themselves, they must know something...maybe that we are in 2004 and not in 1980....

please adjust purchasing power with adjusted salary and see where that gets you...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kixAre You John titor??? who gives a rats a$$ what Reagan did or did not do? Bottom line GWB has indebted the US, and that poses a WORLD risk,

Well you should actually, the dollar is still dominate on the Euro but that is changing fast, which might be a good thing in a sense, but when considering teh numbers about largest deficit ever you have to be fair about it, it is not.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Think about the environment too... Don't christian's see this earth as something god created? There is a long list of problems in regards to the bush administration and the environment...

so kerry isn't your man because he apparanlty wants gay marraiges legalized, well what about the enivronment.. What's worse, not being able to breath clean air and drink clean water, or walking the streets with two gay people that got married??

Polluters are breathing easier under the current regime at the
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which has registered a 75
percent reduction in civil lawsuits filed against polluters,
according to a new study from the nonpartisan Environmental
Integrity Project (EIP).

Using data obtained in part under the Freedom of Information
Act, the Project found that EPA filed only 36 civil lawsuits for
violations of the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking
Water Act, and other environmental laws in the first three years
of the Bush administration. By contrast, in the last three years
of the Clinton administration EPA filed 152 suits.

The report was compiled by EIP's Eric Schaeffer, the former head
of EPA's Office of Regulatory Enforcement. Schaeffer resigned in
2002 in protest over the administration's reluctance to enforce
the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

"EPA's recent record suggests that the 'full weight of the law'
has gotten a lot lighter over the past three years," said
Schaeffer. "Teddy Roosevelt must be turning over in his grave."

According to the EIP report, the nation's largest energy
companies (and biggest polluters) are on an "extended vacation"
from EPA enforcement actions. While the Justice Department has
continued to litigate cases it inherited from the Clinton
administration, it filed new lawsuits against only three energy
companies from 2001 to January 2004. www.bushgreenwatch.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
if the Libertarian party gets at least 5% of the presidential vote, they get the desperately needed federal funding it needs to get their name out. Think of the shockwave it will send thru DC when that happens. Alot of things could and probably will change.

It also motivates the national party they are drawing support from to co-opt their policies, or at least it should. However, it doesn't seem to apply all the time. Nader and the greens didn't get that 5% last time, and the democrats didn't move to the left at all. And of course, as the Republican Party has demonstrated, a third party can go national.

trulies
go to blognarik This means more exposure which means more votes

No it doesn't. Heck, you just told people to go there, but that doesn't mean that they are going to vote for him.

wooohoo!

over $50,000, wow.really great. Uhm, the other parties are spendning millions. I'm not saying it isn't good, but, yeesh, don't get too excited.

Have you read the whole article??

What does it matter? Republicans aren't going to vote for badarnik so that they can get a smaller government in place. Realistically right now the choice is between kerry and bush. Badarnik or anyone else simply isn't an option. They know if they vote for badarnik, that effectively they'll be taking support away from bush, and that might lead to a kerry victory. no matter how much bush expanded the gov, they know its nothing like what kerry will do, so either way bush is the 'less gov' choice anyways.

How come this isn't enough,

Becuase there are thousands upon thousands of others in similiar offices. 600 plus? Thats a dissapointment, not a sucess.

amuk
Will some one PLEASE explain how your vote is wasted by NOT voting for two people that you can not STAND and would not want to see EITHER ion office?

Its wasted if neither of the two parties cares about that small percentage of fringe voters who are poltically divided. Its especially wasted if the two main parties think that the people voting for any of the third parties are not potential main party voters. Recently its certainly been the case. How many Reform Party voters were happy with the Bush v. Clinton election? How many greeners would've changed their vote last time around? I'll agree tho, if you want change, you have to stick to your guns. But its certainly not outlandish to see voting for a candidate that has no possible chance of winning as a waste.

You're pretty well informed about the Libertarians no? How come they don't seem to be pushing congressional candidates so much? I mean, if Badarnik stands to do 5% in the national election, well, isn't it conceivable that he could win a senatorial seat? Same with Nader, seems like he'd do more as Senator from Oregon than Failed Presidential Candidate.

mpeake
The major networks won't even utter thw word "Libertarian" or "Badnarik"

Because they're completely meaningless. The Greens are the ones recognized as the potentially big third party. Largely this is probably beause they have seats in various european governments. The Libertarians are a purely American phenom. Heck, one hears more about the Natural Law party than the Libertarians. I remember last year watching their National Convention on cspann, and some of the Reform Party too. The Reform Party at least has a Governor that they backed in power. The Libertarians are really wasting their time, in my opinion, by not starting out with Congress or some governorships. I understand the federal funding issue, but that in itself isn't going to result in any real change anyway. Imagine how much more effective it would be for some state to have a libertarian governor and a number of libertarians in its assembly, and actually work to reduce state government signifcantly, balance the state budget, and still provide necessary services. Its critical that they start there. Plus, they'd have a natural advantage, ideologically, at the state level, becuase people favour the republicans or democrats over their war stance (right now anyways), or see the presidental election as 'critical', whereas they can say, what else should a governor be doing if not streamlineing governement? They aren't worried that if so and so is state governeor that there will be a terrorist attack, or that things like social security and public health care wil be destroyed.

Anyway, thats what I'd need to see from any third party.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

mpeake
The major networks won't even utter thw word "Libertarian" or "Badnarik"

Because they're completely meaningless. The Greens are the ones recognized as the potentially big third party. .

Yall know I cant let this one go

If that is true why is the Libertarians are not only a LOT larger than the Greens but larger than ALL third partys put togather? And the Libertarians will NEVER be meaningless as long as I breath.

I am the Jehovas Whitness of the Libertarian

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I am the Jehovas Whitness of the Libertarian

Not to mention me and Badnarik's brother live in the same state so as long as i'm standing i'll be doing everything I can to spread the good news...

Liberty is not Dead IF you stop supporting a monopoly of repubulican's and democrats...

And remember... REPUBLICAN'S USED TO BE A THIRD PARTY... GEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
In case anyone is interested, Badnarik will be doing a radio show interview this am on "Mancows Morgning Madhouse".

It's based in Chicago so if you can't pick up the station on your radio, you can hear it on the web at the following link:

www.mancow.com...
(just click on the "listen Live" link)

It should be a pretty interesting interview to say the least!

[edit on 20-10-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

If that is true why is the Libertarians are not only a LOT larger than the Greens but larger than ALL third partys put togather?

Really? Didn't know that. I'm not trying to blast the libertarians by any means. How come they are so big and don't do as well as the greens with Nader?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Look, my position is clear that Kerry is the only solution to the full slate of problems brought on by this incompetant & corrupt administration and that granting it another 4 years is lunancy. But, I know the entrenched mind set of Republicans; I used to be one myself. Badnarik offers a degree of seperation that can accomodate their 'conscience'.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join