It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC's very own ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE Blog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They try to pass there own blog off as a big joke, as a way to get people to get prepared for other more likely disasters. That's the cover story anyway. I'm sure this is to ensure people don't panic at the news. Offers plausible deniability.

But meanwhile they explain right on the blog how a mutated virus could spread and create zombies. Like seriously, what are they not telling us??? They already know that if any of there little mad science projects contained in the level 4 labs were to leak out that it would be the end of life on earth as we know it. They probably figure it's bound to happen at some point, so better to cover there butts that they warned people.

check this out....(notice how they say.... "when it happens".... not "if" but "when" like it's a mathematical certainty! What are they not telling us!)

=================================================================

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this...

The CDC's Zombie Blog
==================================================================

edit on 17-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm ready lot's of guns and about 1000 shot gun shell's!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

OP, combined with all the ither things we keep hearing about...fema camps, ndaa, ammo purchases, bunkers being built, bankers and other top level execs retiring and going into (seclusion) out of no where,these messed up zombie attacks etc..

I am beginning to get a little alarmed here, like therfe is some factual s**t getting ready to go down, and we are the only nes not being warned in advance about it.

I have already made plans with my family, and have prepped as well as I can on my limited budget, but damn, it is kinda freaky, isn't this the 4th time the CDC has had somthing like this in the last 2 years?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Me thinks, they are only using the 'zombie' story as a way to make people aware of the need to make preparations for any such emergency endangering their own life/lives; sadly not just zombie related.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think it's just good marketing. Zombies are incredibly popular at the moment, and it's a good way for an otherwise boring agency to reach more people.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I think it's just good marketing. Zombies are incredibly popular at the moment, and it's a good way for an otherwise boring agency to reach more people.

Exactly... what good would it do for the CDC or any other government agency (or any group that holds any power) to create a mass zombie pandemic? The government is about controlling masses and creating revenue for itself. How could you make money off of an uncontrollable hoard of uncontrollable cannibalistic people?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I'm sure someone is going to come in and say population control but that seems ludicrous. Plenty of better ways. Also I think that's just nutter butter nonsense.

Zombie stuff used to be way more cult like but really has gotten mainstream. My guess is after they started using zombie stuff they found way more people were willing to pay attention so kept at it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The only way I could see a "zombie" outbreak occurring is if rogue terrorist cell created a synthetic virus with the only goal in mind being the desecration and downfall of society in mind; with no motivation whatsoever due to money making purposes. The government would want no part in something that benefits them in no way whatsoever.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Agreed and I certainly don't think they would allow any talk of such a thing even in an attempt at "plausible deniability".

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Easier to control people if there are very few of them. Three words "Global Population Control" there are 6 billion or more too many people on earth and someone has to find a way to handle this problem. For instance if there was a huge catastrophe humans do not have enough resources to rebuild society to where it is today. There isn't enough wood, food, clothes, clean water... ect. People seem to forget why so many people were sacrificed in ancient times. The reason they were killed is because there wasn't enough resources to keep xx number of people alive so they started decreasing their population in times of need and we will be doing the same thing very soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Easier to control people if there are very few of them. Three words "Global Population Control" there are 6 billion or more too many people on earth and someone has to find a way to handle this problem. For instance if there was a huge catastrophe humans do not have enough resources to rebuild society to where it is today. There isn't enough wood, food, clothes, clean water... ect. People seem to forget why so many people were sacrificed in ancient times. The reason they were killed is because there wasn't enough resources to keep xx number of people alive so they started decreasing their population in times of need and we will be doing the same thing very soon.

Depopulation is an agenda of the elite I believe as well, but a "zombie" virus is just sloppy and inefficient, where a strain of deadly virus that simply kills it's hosts would be ideal for their plans.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by r2d246

OP, combined with all the ither things we keep hearing about...fema camps, ndaa, ammo purchases, bunkers being built, bankers and other top level execs retiring and going into (seclusion) out of no where,these messed up zombie attacks etc..

I am beginning to get a little alarmed here, like therfe is some factual s**t getting ready to go down, and we are the only nes not being warned in advance about it.

I have already made plans with my family, and have prepped as well as I can on my limited budget, but damn, it is kinda freaky, isn't this the 4th time the CDC has had somthing like this in the last 2 years?

Oh frigg...ya that sucks, you could be spot on. Like it's not looking good. I think that as long as nothing happens right away, next year I'm gonna get a few things in place. I have kinda my own goofy little bug out plan in case the shtf. Like you can't live your life in fear either but if everyone is looking like there abandoning ship then obviously something is up. It would totally suck though, but some kind of life raft is better than nothing. The best life raft is the one that's there but you fortunately never use.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

money isn't high on there agenda at all. We the sheeple crave money and think it's important. They don't care about money because they got all that. What they want most is depopulation and to figure out the next false flag event to bring in a NWO.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
lol Umbrella corporations logo looks so similar to the Templar cross...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
there are zombies everywhere

how else could the GOP get middle class voters to vote against their own financial intersts ?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It is strange that the CDC would have a "what to do " in case of a zombie out break..You know even the bible predicts something similar, Rev 9:6 "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them".. Time will tell....

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As far as the CDC and the zombies here is what they say..

Wonder why Zombies, Zombie Apocalypse, and Zombie Preparedness continue to live or walk dead on a CDC web site? As it turns out what first began as a tongue in cheek campaign to engage new audiences with preparedness messages has proven to be a very effective platform. We continue to reach and engage a wide variety of audiences on all hazards preparedness via Zombie Preparedness; and as our own director, Dr. Ali Khan, notes, "If you are generally well equipped to deal with a zombie apocalypse you will be prepared for a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake, or terrorist attack." So please log on, get a kit, make a plan, and be prepared!

www.cdc.gov...

Also remember that they do film the t.v. show The Walking Dead in and around Atlanta,Ga. which just so happens to be where the CDC is located.

But, hey maybe there are real zombies walking around so being prepared could be a good thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

there are CDC centers all over the place... the big jalopy real deal one is in Maryland.

imo the Walking Dead series with that start of season 3 is looking like it's going down hill... mainly because of the newly listed hooded sword wielding zombie slayer introduced onto the scene.

it just took something away.
edit on 21-10-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

there are CDC centers all over the place... the big jalopy real deal one is in Maryland

No the CDC is located in Atlanta,Ga.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is a United States federal agency under the Department of Health and Human Services headquartered in Druid Hills, unincorporated DeKalb County, Georgia, in Greater Atlanta

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here is a little something that the CDC did in 2011...

CDC zombie apocalypse video contest

On May 18, 2011, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's blog published an article instructing the public on what to do to prepare for a zombie invasion. While the article did not claim that such a scenario was possible, it did use the popular culture appeal as a means of having individuals prepare for all potential hazards, such as earthquakes, tornadoes, and floods.[13]

Once the article became popular, the CDC announced an open contest for YouTube submissions of the most creative and effective videos covering preparedness for a zombie apocalypse (or apocalypse of any kind), to be judged by the "CDC Zombie Task Force". Submissions were open until October 11, 2011.[14]

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems they are having a little fun with the Zombie Apocolypse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join