It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Flashbacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hello,

I have a question (I posted this on another board, but this one seems a bit more topic-appropriate.)
I've always been very interested in mysticism (is there any better way to put it?) and have always paid attention to anything that was out of the ordinary.
As of late I've been slightly concerned because during the day I keep getting flashbacks of dreams that I've had, sometimes even years beforehand.
It's very strange, because my dreams have always been lucid, in the sense that I know that I'm dreaming and I can control it if I want to.
I was wondering if it was this, perhaps, that was causing the flashbacks? It's actually somewhat frightening, because I wonder if I'm trying to send messages to myself that maybe I ignored or something similar.
As for the content pf the flashbacks, I've never seen a flashback of a person, but it's always the places, and places are very vivid in my dreams... often to the point where I could identify incredible feature of the building, like specific sizes of bricks, or number of windows, things like that.

Is there something I'm just not aware of, or is this normal?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sounds intresting,

Do you keep some form of log of these, so that you can see if there is some form of pattern of message within them?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Why do you find it strange that you remember dreams that you were conscious in??

I wish I could have lucid dreams at will that would be fantastic!

do you have a technique??

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Are they flashbacks or are you seeing the things now that you had dreams of? I have it happen to me all the time. I will be somewhere and it hits me that this is the place I dreamed of. Usualy I will have quite a few of them before something big happens. It makes me stay aware of what is going on.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This happens to me occasionally. Sometimes its a falshback of a dream I had at a very young age... I dream every night and always remeber my dreams (have a few within one night) the next day. Maybe somthing throughout the day is just triggering a memory of somthing that happened in our dream... maybe more.

~ over REM'ed

new topics

top topics

join