It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MMMMcDonalds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by peewee1263

First off, I think this is a awesome read and it really shows the true background of McDonalds and what it has become today, Second, to reply to your post peewee, i live about 30 minutes west of Prophetstown in Moline, and my girlfriends parents are from Annawan about 15 south from there.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The best McDonald's hamburger I ever ate was in Buenos Aires as a teen. The difference dawned on me then. Argentina used higher quality beef. Now, fast forward to one of the last times I've ever been in a McD's. It was on a school field-trip (I used to be a teacher) during lent. I took a peanut butter and banana sandwich with me (as even fish isn't allowed for Eastern Christians during lent- it's all vegan). The kids thought I was crazy- but at least I didn't consume massive amounts of sodium. That stuff just isn't good for you. If I'm going to eat a burger, I'll choose In-N-Out over McD's any day.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

why would you throw away the bread. the bread is probably the most healthy and natural part of a mcdonalds burger.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You put this post together well OP. Sorry I can't flag. I don't have enough star power or I would. Few people have the ease and forethought that you do.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I hardly ever eat at McD's. I live in a small town,
& it's one of the few fast food places that we have!
If I have a lot of errands to run & won't be home for hours,
once in a great while, I grab something from the dollar menu,
just to tide me over until I get home.
But if I remember ahead of time,
I usually take a bag of raw cashews with me instead!

We were in Australia in September & I was pleasantly surprised.
Their McD's has what they call the "Serious Lamb Burger"!
It is awesome!!! And huge. Just by itself, I could hardly finish it!

It was a lamb burger, topped by an egg, (like on the egg mcmuffin),
with baby spinach, a slice of red onion, slice of tomato, & a slice of
cooked red beet, (which they call beet root!), in a not too white bun.

Ooooh, my gosh. It was sooo good!!! Fairly healthy too.
Completely sucked me over to the 'dark side' !!!
It's a good thing we don't have them here!

WOQ

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There's a lot of distorted facts here.... And a lot of hyperbole.

Why don't you just go into a Mcdonalds and ASK for some empty boxes (they store them out back for recycling) and read the ingredient list? They can't lie to their OWN manufacturer. I'm pretty sure you'll all be pleasantly surprised at what you find. And the beef IS 100% beef, nothing added. That's a fact. The chicken is also 100% chicken. The fries are sent straight from Mccains and the soft serve (shake and sundae) is 100% milk/sugar. I could go on and on, know why? I'm a delivery man there. I put this stuff away 3 times a week (being delivery means I don't have to speak to their HORRIBLE managers or answer to them). The only issue I have with stock is that the 'selects' are from Taiwan. They also have a few fishy ingredients....

The only problem this franchise has is that of their staff. They're mostly lazy and 'power mad' narcissists, at least in the one where I do deliveries anyway. The managers have NO clue how to manage and their staff don't know what 'hard graft' means. They mostly stand around wiping things. Though the store is meticulously clean (again thanks to me, as I also do their electronics and mechanical jobs) it's annoying to see so many people treated so badly by management. They're constantly berated by the public, shouted at and spat at, YES SPAT AT. They're NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER told they're doing a good job (EVER) even if they work their asses off. The amount of times I've overheard management say to someone "You never work at all" because they want to look good in front of a store manager, even if they know full well it's THEY who don't work, is astounding.

Mcdonalds problem isn't it's food, it's the attitude it has towards the wellbeing of its' staff.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

The food, while not healthy...LOL, is prepared well and clean, and while most comes from McD corporate, some comes from local supplies. Also they are offering more and more healthier options. The grilled chicken BLT Ranch sandwhich is only 380 calories...which is what I eat often when I do eat there.

^^ This message was bought to you from the happy people at McDonalds corporate. Would you like fries with your spiel?

Seriously, do the McD's marketing people really troll conspiracy sites to do "damage conTROLL"? or am I overly cynical?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You can say what you want about McDonald's beef but I can tell you that it is 1000% better than the crap they serve in England.

I used to work for a machine shop back in the 70's that made nearly all the parts for the Formax patty machine. That is, or was at the time, the high speed patty machine used by McDonald's beef supplier. It was capable of making 6 patties per stroke at 120 strokes per minute. All of the mold plates for beef products, and much more, were made of a high grade of cast iron. There was no problem running American beef with them. But when Formax opened up the English market we suddenly started getting mold plates back in a few weeks that should have lasted for six months to a year in normal production. Most of the Formax parts that handled the beef were made of a good grade of stainless steel and were impervious to the rotten crap they were running through the machines in England. But a few parts were regular steel and they, along with the mold plates, had to be changed to last long enough to actually keep the machines running. We had to start making the mold plates for the English market out of the plastics cycolac and delrin. So if you think American beef is bad just go to England. Any beef product that eats cast iron that fast is something I don't even want anywhere near my mouth.

Finally, Just a little note on the Formax machines. At the time they were designed the only other choice was the HollyMatic. If you were at all familiar with the HollyMatic you would know that compared to the Formax machine it looked like a Susie Homemaker toy for the pre pubescent female crowd. If Formax had not started making their machine someone else would have had to do so or McDonald's beef suppliers would never have been able to keep up with demand. The HollyMatic was mostly used by institutions and large hotels at the time and was good enough for that. But the Formax machine was able to process the 10 to 1 (10 patties to the pound of beef) at the rate of six patties per stroke and 120strokes per minute. That comes to 720 patties per minute or 72 pounds of ground beef per minute. Now doing the math; that adds up to 4320 pounds of beef per hour, over two tons of beef per hour from a single machine. Health rules only allowed meat processing machines of that type to operate for 20 hours per day with a mandatory four hour tear down and cleaning period. So now we have a single machine running for twenty hours producing 86,400 pounds of 10 to 1 patties from a single machine in a single day. Impressive to say the least. And at the time I was making the Formax parts the upper Midwest regional supplier was running six machines 20 hours a day and seven days a week.
edit on 17-10-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I did some research and found the episode of The Mike Douglas Show that Ray Kroc was on. It was Season 15, Episode 196 in June 7, 1977.

Source

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Then capitalism came and ruined everything

cant believe the price in that time
not even 50 cent for a trio .. now its around 8$

with less real meat and more junk to make you obese and addict on the fast food

mcdonald was great before .. not anymore !

SNF

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Then capitalism came and ruined everything

cant believe the price in that time
not even 50 cent for a trio .. now its around 8$

with less real meat and more junk to make you obese and addict on the fast food

mcdonald was great before .. not anymore !

SNF

True, I can go the an Asian buffet that serves a huge variety and all you can eat for less than the typical meal of a sandwich, fries, drink and desert at the McDonald's barf burger bar.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Guess what, buns get dropped and used regularly, hamburgers fall on the floor and get used, french fries get reused, if you go through the drive thru you are sure to get the coldest and oldest food they have, the shake machines are rarely cleaned properly, apple pies get dropped on the floor and used, chicken nuggets get over cooked and sold, food gets reused if it is sitting there, the only way to get the best possible food if you eat any fast food is to order it plain, no salt no cheese, condiments in packages. Don't ever order from the drive thru and watch them prep your food, if you can not see it from the bun toaster or fryer to the bag, i promise you there is a definite possibility that it will be contaminated some how, now will you get sick, not necessarily, but do you get the food quality and safety you deserve i would say 70 % of the time whenever you have ordered food anywhere that is prepared by others out of your sight it has been contaminated somewhere in the process. This includes all restaurants and delivery services. When I get my 20 post and can start my own threads I will enlighten you to more information about many chains.

Watch what you eat and where!

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Wow! Memories from my childhood. I remember when the Big Mac came out and all of their cheesy commercials.

I never did like them though. The Cheeseburglar was creepy I thought and never understood Grimace.

I try to avoid MickeyD's nowadays, but every now and then I do stop by for a BigMac...just for old times sake.

Well that and I'm traveling and really hungry at the moment.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Your description of the Serious Lamb Burger sounded good up until the Beet part.

Really!?

Beets!?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Just a load of poison food.

The last time I've set foot in one of those temple of junk food, and that's well over 10 years ago, I left it with those conclusions:
- I've paid about as much as for a proper meal in a proper restaurant
- I've eaten absolutely disgusting meat, that was way over cooked
- the bread is tasteless
- the tomatoes are water
- the sauce is a load of sugar
- the fries were horrible, too thin, too fat and not even good quality potatoes
- the drink is just ice cubes
- I've been sick with that junk 2 hours later.

I suppose I am just too used to eat real and proper food, my body rejected that poison.

Besides all this:
- they produce an unjustifiable amount of waste: everything is packed even when you're just going to open that box and eat your stuff there and just throw it away right there in minutes.
- they do prepare food in advance at certain times, that just stays there and will be thrown away when nobody has bought it. Is there any worse wasting than this?
- their staff, even if one can argue that they have a job and it's better than none, are unqualified, underpaid, overstressed, and too often disrespectful of customers and of elementary rules of hygiene
- they even dare to advertise that their food is of good quality...

Poisoners!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Interesting info thanks. I saw a documentary on the subject that disputed where the first McDonald's was.

Does anybody remember the original apple pies? They were deep fried I think and then sat in a warmer. You had to be careful if they were freshly cooked - piping hot. They were an excellent treat. The apple pies today suck in comparison.

I grew up with McDonald's. I remember the first Big Macs with the hypnotic two all beef patties commercial and when the Quarter pounder with cheese was introduced.

Also, I remember the commercial that boasted you could buy a hamburger fries and a coke with a dollar bill and get change back.

I Still eat McDonalds food probably a half dozen times a year, and I return or refuse the fries if they are anything less than hot and crispy. They used to toss their burgers out after they sat for more than 10 minutes in the old days - you would never get the soggy stale buns or half cold re heated microwaved stuff they give you today.

I remember when Burger King was good too - their whole premise over McDonald's was they would take fresh patties off the the conveyer grill and make your burger fresh to order. In the late 70's they began to cook them a few times a day then throw them in warmer ovens and microwave them as they do now.

Even KFC was good in the 70's - it was hot crispy and didn't taste like old greasy cheap oil as they do today at many.

edit on 10/18/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Interesting info thanks. I saw a documentary on the subject that disputed where the first McDonald's was.

Does anybody remember the original apple pies? They were deep fried I think and then sat in a warmer. You had to be careful if they were freshly cooked - piping hot. They were an excellent treat. The apple pies today suck in comparison.

I grew up with McDonald's. I remember the first Big Macs with the hypnotic two all beef patties commercial and when the Quarter pounder with cheese was introduced.

Also, I remember the commercial that boasted you could buy a hamburger fries and a coke with a dollar bill and get change back.

I Still eat McDonalds food probably a half dozen times a year, and I return or refuse the fries if they are anything less than hot and crispy. They used to toss their burgers out after they sat for more than 10 minutes in the old days - you would never get the soggy stale buns or half cold re heated microwaved stuff they give you today.

I remember when Burger King was good too - their whole premise over McDonald's was they would take fresh patties off the the conveyer grill and make your burger fresh to order. In the late 70's they began to cook them a few times a day then throw them in warmer ovens and microwave them as they do now.

Even KFC was good in the 70's - it was hot crispy and didn't taste like old greasy cheap oil like they do now.

edit on 10/18/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

You can watch the patties being cooked at burger king as they go on the belt. I get homesick and Polish food is mostly pork and potato so I goto McDonalds more often than I should. The egg McMuffins with sausage taste extremely fresh here for some reason, so I usually go for breakfast. Burger King is not as big here, in fact there are only 14 restaurants in the country when you can find McDonalds even in small villages. Anyways, for a real treat I went to Burger King last night, they still serve the greatest sandwich here, The Big King! lol...

I do not think McDonalds is evil, I hardly ever ate there back in the US, so those saturday morning cartoons did not brainwash me. If all occupy is mad at McDonalds for is obesity and unhealthy food why not go after every place that serves ribs or pizza too? I love the tool who posted BAAAAA to the guy who works part time at Mcdonalds, wtf is that, if he is a corporate shill, you are no less of an occupy shill

On a side note, one of my students turned me on to the Big Mac index which tracks the price of a Big Mac value meal in different countries, and can be a very accurate representation of cost of living.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
how about a few new items on the menu....

"The Mc Sheater"
"Fil ah O Sheat"
"Quarter Pounder with Sheat"

And can I supersize you sheat that you're gonna take after eating this, for just a buck more???

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
"We have found out... that we cannot trust some people who are nonconformists... We will make conformists out of them... The organization cannot trust the individual; the individual must trust the organization." - Ray Kroc

Modern McDonalds serves a more sinister intent, one that operates towards the corruption and exploitation of health, environment, poverty, labor and social engineering.

Health & Nutrition: Nutritionists argue that the type of high fat, low fibre diet promoted by McDonald's is linked to serious diseases such as cancer, heart disease, obesity and diabetes - the sort of diseases that are now responsible for nearly three-quarters of premature deaths in the western world.

Animals & the Environment: 10 Billion animals are raised in horrible conditions and killed every year in the US alone. McDonalds consumes over a million tons of packaging each year, used for just a few minutes before being discarded. Over the years thoudands of square miles of rainforest have been destroyed to raise cattle for McDonalds or the feed for the cattle.

Hunger & Poverty: McDonalds directly contributes to the creation of hunger and poverty by buying the low-cost products produced in third world countries by global agro-chemical companies and offering food which is high on the food chain and resource intensive. It requires 2,500 gallons of water, 1 gallon of oil and 12 pounds of grain to produce 1 pound of hamburger meat. 70% of all US grain now goes to feed animals for human consumption.

Exploitation of Children & Social Engineering: Eating habits formed in childhood will stick with most people their entire life. McDonald's knows this and structures its organization to strongly appeal to children. A large percentage of McDonalds 2 Billion dollar advertising budget is used to target children. The play centers, toys and packaging are all designed to lure in children and hook them on an unhealthy diet. McDonalds aggressively campaigns to get it's advertising in schools and put restaurants in schools.

Exploitation of Labor: In 1972 Ray Kroc funneled $250,000 to Richard M. Nixon in exchange for a 20% reduction in the already low minimum wage for teenagers. Afterwards, a gracious Tricky Dick went a step further and publicly praised McDonalds.

link
edit on 18-10-2012 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Oh wow God has a sense of humor! Just tried to eat a big mac and it tasted funky halfway through almost like how a tree smells lol. I spit it out and dropped it and a bug comes crawling out!.I complain and the manager goes to get me another sandwich, I said laughed and said you expect me to eat!? So I got my money back, too bad I do not speak polish. I showed the bug and burger to most of the people in line, about 30 but they were unconcerned
karma or bad luck? Ruined my day for sure!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join