It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Presidential election actually REAL???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I guess for many years I just bought into MSM, thinking that elections are real, fair, and allow us to exercise our vote etc etc....

But then after seeing all this stuff about how the voting machines can be hacked, how they have built in modems for no good reason and just the shire volume of videos on youtube talking about how it's rigged, gets you thinking. I started to question the process....

I think now I'm fairly convinced that the you-es presidential election are all rigged. That the person getting into office is decided well in advance. And just hearing all the speeches of past presidents, you can easily tell that JFK was essentially the last REAL PRESIDENT! Like he actually was warning people about all the secret powers that were pushing there way in and influencing the politicians.

But I'm wondering if I'm alone in my thinking???

=======================================
Do you believe the elections are rigged or not?
=======================================

Watch....(there's a gazillion videos on vote fraud, but I figured the congress one is the most shocking. Like its nuts!)

edit on 17-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If they weren't real than no one would be fighting for or against early voting and voter registration legislation. As to whether we get real representation, that is a different story for a different time. Things will continue on as they have until we end privately funded elections.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
When I was a kid I believed it was real. LOL I have not believed they are real since I was a teenager. I'm more likely to believe in make believe stories than honesty in the political world.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i think people would love for them to real, thats why they fight for the right candidate to maybe put an end to the corruption and set a good example. inject common-sense into politics

thats why ron paul would have been great

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I personally don't think its real...I think its all a distraction to get people immersed deeper and deeper into an illusive process...fundamentally I don't believe in true representation in the first place...so I don't know how anyone would expect it to work out other than it currently is or rather...isn't working...

just my 2c tho

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The elections are the most watched reality show on American television. It is without doubt, a mediated "event". Lights, camera, action!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

no.

when I was younger, sure..

now?

not possible.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Its the worst reality TV show on the air....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Its the worst reality TV show on the air....

I don't know about that....It gets tons and tons of viewers and people are glued to the entire fake all the way through to the end!!

No elections aren't real, or we would have Ron Paul running right now!!

The candidates are picked well into their youth and prepped for their time.....My 2 cents

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Once upon a time, I thought elections were serious things between honest men who talked about things that they actually intended to put into place. I also thought that the majority vote determined the winner.
The contrast between that and the reality of things is... just unreal. I actually hope it is just a big puppet show. It's either that or live with the mystery of why the higher powers let incompetent people run for leadership of a powerful military nation and leave the final decision to the widely immature masses.
edit on 17-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Unlike Global Warming, elections are real.

They happen every 4 years, like clockwork.

top topics

join