It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The curse of being a Liverpudlian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This taken from Chavtowns.com - On the surface, many rants about Liverpool seem simplistic: scallies causing more than their fair share of trouble, a general lack of respect between younger and older generations, the prevalence of drug and alcohol addiction – all of these on the surface seem like a recipe for a terrible place to live: but the problem is much more serious than that, in the sense that this city will grind you down and destroy the person that you are if you are not careful, as anyone who does not conform to the abhorrent ideals of what it means to be a citizen of Liverpool (which I will go into later) and is in contact with the undesirable enforcers of these rules, which happen to be a minority of tracksuit-clad youths of around 25 and under – just like World War One: if you put your head over the parapet, you will be gunned down. Whether it is your self-esteem, your confidence, your enthusiasm for life – you must surrender it to survive.

The major problem with 'scallies' is “escalation.” This is where any retaliation to their ills leads to ever increasing problems – a large amount of violent crime in Liverpool stems from such escalation, where even simple tiffs on the street can build up to stabbings and shootings with alarming momentum. Communicating with the Police is a problem too – anyone seen to do that (even if it is in their own benefit to do so) is labelled a “grass” and further escalation ensues. The crime detection rate in Merseyside is less than 40%, showing that this damaging behaviour is ingrained in the local culture – law abiding citizens are left in fear of what may happen if they try to protect themselves.

My input:

I detest Scallies, they salt their own vegetable patches. They're a poison and a blight, their moral compass always points south and their futile minds never approach anything even REMOTELY connected to rational thought. People are of the opinion that a 'little love and a little respect' will change a scally but it NEVER works. You can't reason with them at all, not ever. I'm a BIG guy, I work out a lot and box too, this doesn't even deter them (I'm about 4 times their size) it simply makes them 'group up' as this article points out 100%. They don't even care if you turn round and plant them six feet under because someone ALWAYS knows where you live, and your family wont fight back. The amount of times I've turned round to punch the little f****** and there's been a group of about 13 of them is astounding. They just stand there leering at you, daring you to do it so their friend can stick a knife in your face. I hate it here.

Nice people are NOT as common as this article supposes. And it's NOT only 25- who are scum either. I pray for these people day in day out, and forgive them continually but they just DON'T STOP. It's breaking me down completely. It destroys your self esteem and makes you think there's no hope in anything. EVERY part of Liverpool is utterly saturated with these vermin, same in St Helens and Prescot, same in Birmingham and Manchester too. You can't escape them.

I can't help but feel that these are the new demoniacally charged youth of the end times. People say it's their upbringing that's their downfall, I say BULL#, stop making excuses! Most of these 'victims' have incredibly loving families who they abuse and access to a lot of money. They're just evil f****** people with no place in any society! DO NOT move to Liverpool ATS. You'll regret it forever.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sounds like you hang out in the wrong places...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Buy a weapon..and some sage!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I wonder if the tipping point, world-wide, will be when the sociopaths outnumber the rest. Can't be far off.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Yeah, what is it with tracksuits in Liverpool? I used to think it was a stereotype but nearly every scouser I have ever encountered was wearing a tracksuit!

ETA: Move out of Liverpool.

p.s I gave you your first flag! I popped your cherry!

edit on 16-10-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Do me a favour go out side now as i have just saw a very bright objct going east from chester see if you can spot it
and let us know have camera in hand as i never

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I remember my first and last time in Liverpool. Got out of a taxi to get some cash out. A car pulls up, group of shell suit wearing lads wind down the window and shout. "eyy mate,get your f>€kin air cut".

Welcome to Liverpool

Scillies are just as bad in places like Salford and certain parts of London.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of that. It sounds awful. I went to the chavtown site and read a little. The one on Carlisle stuck out, because it was postulated that part of the issue is inbreeding on the council estates. Inbreeding combined with teratogens influencing prenatal development (such as drug and alcohol abuse) and teens having children, is a recipe for disaster. Since these people live on government assistance, perhaps the government should stage an intervention.

top topics

join