It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I getting the message I asked for from my dead grandmother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
HI Ya'll! I have an idea I would like to discuss. I wanted to put this in a religious forum but it is not necessarily a conspiracy so this is the forum I compromised on.

I was raised Catholic although I realize now as an adult I never was really a believer. I have struggled with religion and existence of God since as long as I can remember. It is a subject I contemplate often and lately more so than normal. My grandmother whom I was very close with had been sick the last couple years and towards what we knew was the end of her life I sat down with her and discussed her death and the afterlife. I told her that I had been struggling a lot with all of these concepts and asked her for a favor.

I asked that when she dies to try and show me a sign that she was in heaven/hell/limbo/Space/etc. by showing me a green feather. She understood what I was asking and she said she would try her best. She had a rough time on the way out and did a lot of hallucinating and lost most of her mental faculties but I know she remembered my request up until her death because she would talk about it in her fever dreams and hallucinations.

I never had much hope that this would be successful, but I always keep my eyes open. Up to this time I still have not seen any green feathers, but I now see every other color of feather all around me. There are literally feathers all over my yard. They line my sidewalk and sit on my porch, get stuck on my shoes, I mean there really are a lot of feathers. They don't seem to be in my neighbors yard like they are mine, just in my yard. I walk my son and dog all around my neighborhood and I don't see these feathers anywhere else but in my yard. Like I said at least once a week there will be a single feather just sitting on the porch in front of my door.

Now I don't necessary think this is the sign that I asked for, I think I am just seeing feathers that were always there I just never noticed. Obviously I never had a reason before now to pay attention to feathers laying around, so it is only natural for me to want to attach a meaning to the ones I now pay attention to.

However! I can't help but wonder if this is the message I asked for, but the meaning of the message is that the answer isn't what I expected or wanted. In other words what if she is saying there is is an afterlife, or an answer to my question (is there a God or a heaven?) but the answer isn't what I expected? Hence the reason she is showing me all of the feathers except the green feather.

I hope I have made this clear enough, I just woke up and can't seem to find the right words to put my idea across. I don't expect anyone here to tell me I am wrong or right, and I do expect a few people to tell me I am an idiot and seeing things I want to see. That is all OK, but I am just curious if anyone has any insight into this theory of mine. This seems to have made all of my questions even more important, and now I am even more confused than ever. I want to think it is all just in my head, but at the same time I feel like it is unfair to not at least consider the possibility.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Maybe there aren't any birds with green feathers in your area. She may be working with the only feathers available to her.

I think it's a good chance she is letting you know, she is still with you. Just a feather away.....

Des

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I want to think it is all just in my head, but at the same time I feel like it is unfair to not at least consider the possibility.

Many think this, and miss out on so many blessings/information/signs, etc.

I will look and see where she went to and I will private message you. I wrote this, so I could come back to it later.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The sceptics will tell you that seeing feathers isn't proof, the true believers will tell you there are no coincidences. I would say you didn't get your message. You both specified a green feather, and until you have some odd synchronicity with a green feather, in my opinion, it's best to leave the rabbit holes to those who enjoy falling down them.

edit on 16-10-2012 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Alright I want to play.

I would look at this as the end of your struggle. Green is hard to come by as feathers go and your Grandmother sleeps for now. But if what you say is true someone of obvious power not your grandmother because they aren't green. But someone wants you to know she going to be fine. That';s how I see it.

Now just keep this to yourself like you would a pearl. So no one can minimize it for you.

Sure doesn't sound like something that could only be in your head dude !
Good story mon. SnF

Des

Just a feather away...

That was very cute Des.

edit on 16-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I dont believe anyone but yourself would know for sure. But, having it happen to me many times in my life...what I DO know...is it will be very evident to you and just you...whether or not its real. And THAT will be your proof..

Asking here? That will only get you opinions when you want definite assurrances. You'll know...and thats precisely how you'll know...when it can be nothing else. You'll know...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
At least you and your Grandmother were specific on what sign you wanted. When my Mother was dying, we decided on just any sign because I didn't like talking about it. Something very bizarre happened the night she died but I will never tell anyone what it was because it was so embarassing but I brushed that one off as just a coincedence. In the last 4 years, I have just recently decided to accept them and thank her for her many many attempts. The more you are open to them, the more they happen. One of the many signs I get are butterflies. If we had agreed on a hot pink butterfly, I would be screwed because i have never seen one of those before. ( Me personally).

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It does seem odd that they'd be in your yard and none other, but if you hadn't seen them before and they're totally obvious now, that would seem to indicate something interesting (after all, you had "feathers on the mind" prior to your Grandmother's passing, as that's what you talked with her about.)

As others have pointed out, green feathers aren't super common -- my "Birds of Minnesota Field Guide" here only lists a hummingbird and several ducks in the "predominantly green" index -- so I don't know that it's not a matter of her working with what she has, as I don't think it likely that she can just whip up a feather out of thin air.

One telling sign would be whether it continues... let's face it, it would be a pretty boring afterlife if one spent the majority of it distributing feathers, so if the plethora of feathers disappears, but the birds don't, then just keep your eye out for special feathers at special times and see if there is an intersection there.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
HI Ya'll. So to clarify, I chose the green feather specifically because it wasn't something I figured I was likely to run into on accident. The reason I chose a feather in general was just because of a book called Illusion by Richard Bach, there wasn't any significance to the item itself it was just the first thing that came to mind while sitting at the table with her.

I don't expect to get any kind of definitive answer to this, whether in this thread or in reality. I know this is all really just up to my interpretation. Like I said logically I want to believe that it is all just coincidence and my desire to see significance in insignificant events. But deep down in my heart, I really believe that it is my grandma giving me a message. At the same time though, that belief still requires faith, which I am obviously lacking and always have. So I feel that either way I am still in the same predicament and still have the same questions.

While thinking about this there is an aspect that I wasn't so clear on in my OP. Being that I "don't believe in God" but my grandma was so religious I posed my question in a way to satisfy her, but wasn't really what I wanted to ask. So I asked her specifically to show me this sign to signify she was in Heaven. But what I wanted to ask her was to show me this sign to signify she was in some kind of afterlife. The reason I specifically said Heaven though instead of Afterlife was because I didn't want her to be contemplating the idea that she would go someplace other than heaven. She was 93 years old and very devout Catholic and I was afraid that in her current state it was just not something she should spend the rest of her short life worrying about. I am sure that was probably naive of me to assume she wasn't capable of contemplating that idea but I just didn't want to upset her in any way.

So this is why I feel like the non green feathers are significant in indicating that the answer wasn't what I expected or asked for specifically. Meaning that if she was in Heaven as you and I and her knew/know it it would be green, but since it is not green it means that she is somewhere/sometime/somehow but not the Catholic/Christian "Heaven" that the bible taught me.

I still feel like I am not expressing myself correctly. I hope this is all making sense. I don't know what I expect as far as feed back or replies but I have been thinking about this constantly for the last couple months and I just really need to flesh it out and say some of these things out loud in order to maybe understand my own feelings better. I think I thought that if this were to happen it would be some kind of grand revelation or epiphany that would change my life. The truth is though that I don't know what I am supposed to do with this knowledge or understanding if in fact that is what it is. I don't feel compelled to start going to church or praying to God or anything like that because my belief in God and Religion still have not changed. I still don't believe in a Christian God or Christian Heaven but I do feel some relief that there is the possibility of some kind of afterlife (for a lack of a better term). I have always tried to live a righteous life granted I have made plenty of mistakes I am ashamed of but I am not certain if there is something I should be doing different.

I am just so confused by life and death. It frustrates me that the only way to really know is to die. And even then there are no guarantees I will get the answers I seek. In any case I appreciate the replies and I welcome any further ones that might shed any light or whatever.

Jhill76 I am respectfully skeptical of information regarding where she "is" now but I am completely open minded at this point, and am willing and eager to hear anything you have to say on the matter. I would appreciate a U2U if you do find the time.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sputniksteve,

in the end, the only person that is going to be able to decide what it all means is you.

I'll add one thing.

Exploring only the premise that what you are seeing IS communication with your grandmother...

The fact you are seeing feathers already demonstrates that, while indirect, communication is possible across our respective 'places'. Why not make a refined request of your grandmother?

(Let's pretend that along with your standard gray-ish bird feathers, you have already seen blue, red, and yellow.)

"I'm seeing all these feathers. But I'm confused. We had agreed to green. I am seeing every color of the rainbow but green. I'm unsure what this means.
I could take this to mean two different things:
1) You are able to communicate, but want to communicate that you are NOT in the 'Heaven' we discussed, in the same way you and I talked/thought about it.
2) You desire to communicate with a green feather, but they are not biologically available in this area, so you are instead sending me an avalanche of as many as you can!

To indicate 1), please begin sending me only blue feathers.
To indicate 2), please begin sending me only red feathers.
To indicate that it is something other than what I laid out, please begin sending me only yellow feathers.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You are trying to rationalize by saying that there were lots of feathers before, but you just didn't see them.
Now you mentioned walking with your son.
How old is he? Because children notice feathers always and will pick them up. So if he didn't before, you can be sure there weren't that many feathers.

Making contact isn't all that easy. If it was that easy, we all would be contacted a lot and didn't need to wonder what comes after this life.
My mother got a message last week from my father, the medium mentioned something nobody , but nobody knows. It was nothing important, but it made her happy, because it was a sure sign that he's there and happy.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am pleased to announce, that while I was working outside Tuesday, I looked down and found a green feather. I took a picture with my cell phone but I dont have a clue how to upload pics.

I don't think I have ever seen a green feather, except maybe on a parakeet.

I just thought that was pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by butterfly1

That is pretty cool. Non artificial ones seem to be rare outside tropical climates.

top topics

join