It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinclair Stock Tanks, Democrats Amused.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, well, well...
Y!Finance

After concerted letter, email, phone and public demonstrations against Sinclair Broadcasting it seems that their stocks have taken a turn for the worse. Many advertisers have cancelled Sinclair time due to a massive consumer help offensive led by leading Democratic websites.

Frankly, I think its a great thing that people can bunch together and really press upon a corporation, kinda levels the field down a little. Still, the goal has not been achieved and the relentless democratic consumer drive will continue. Even if Sinclair broadcasts the film then the protests WILL continue.

Powah to tha people! yeaaah!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I guess I will have to pull a soros and buy 100,000 shares of Sinclair stock. I guess all those minority actors will not feel to good about being fired becasue the Democrats targeted them. I wonder how this will play in the African-American community. So Keep up your attacks and we will see an increase in African-American Republicans.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You know it does not bother me that they want to show a documentary, what it hits me is the force of power Sinclair is using to bring their own personal and bias agendas.

They are showing how power can be used to manipulate what the American public can or can't not watch.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
SBGI has been trending down for over a year now.

JPMorgan cut the stock to underweight today, so this may be the right time to buy the stock.

Don't know what if any affect any internet campaign will have on the company, but it will be minimal at best.

The DNC is destroying Democracy.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Saw that a day or two ago.

Couldn't have happened to a better group of people

Here's the site I saw it:

Sinclair family: Down $14 mil
David Smith (Chair/CEO): $5.2 million loss
J Duncan Smith (VP/Sec): $5 million loss
Robert Smith: (Director) $3.4 million loss
Frederick Smith(VP): $230K loss

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Give me a break. So because Sinclair decides to do something clearly illegal (political use of public airwaves without equal time) and their employees get hurt because they are called on that decision it somehow becomes the Democrats' fault? That's crap. I don't care who you support. What Sinclair is trying to do is without question wrong. It's just as wrong as if they instructed all their affiliates to preempt scheduled programming and play Farenheit 911 commercial-free. They deserve to be called on it and I sincerely hope they have their FCC licenses pulled as a result.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The only reason you are complaining is because it goes against Kerry. Tell me did you complain to CBS about using forged documents to discredit the President's time in the Guard. Did you complain about ABC trying to pump up Kerry instead being balanced. You Dems are so hipocritical, No one complained when moveon.org compared Bush to Hitler, you laughed and agreed with it. When F911 came out, you all said how great it was and that it should be played everywhere. Like I said, you may cause Sinclair to fold, but when you do, who do you hurt. all the minorities that this company has hired and they will remember that it was your party, the party of hate and smear that caused them to have to look for work.

new topics

top topics

join