It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel sorry for Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Actually it is normally the same in all democratic countries - you get to choose between two rich boys that have absolutely no interest in the welfare of the masses. The only care these "show ponies" have is the furthering of their own selfish agendas which normally involve huge contracts paid by taxpayers money to "interesting" companies.

Be it that you are Republican or Democrate - you are only fools and sheeple to me...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I for one would rather be here than any other place in the world. I have been around the world, I've seen it and know it's better here.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I feel sorry for anyone who is not an american.

Differences aside, this is the greatest country on earth.

period.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I for one would rather be here than any other place in the world. I have been around the world, I've seen it and know it's better here.

For now yes, but for how long ??? Does "being better here" mean one should sit back and be content with these corupt and unscrupulous individuals governing the most powerful nation on earth... Did the families of these people in government make the USA the most power nation on earth? Or was it the working class/soldier ?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
[I feel sorry for anyone who is not an american.

period.

This is also true in the school playground of a Primary School - strange how things change when one graduates to High School...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hey now, we've got the best gov't money can buy!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
nothing has changed.

but we call it elementary or grammar school here in the states.

primary-secondary-college-graduate

still the greatest.

period.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

period.
no........ actually being the greatest country on earth means that you actually have to be all about freedom and peace, tow things this country is very far from. Im sorry but its true, this country is degrading (its not what it used to be) We have a long ways to go before becoming "the best country on earth" In fact I dont thin there is a best country, its just a question of human evolution.

We will never be the best country on earth until ALL countries are the best on earth.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

period.
no........ actually being the greatest country on earth means that you actually have to be all about freedom and peace, tow things this country is very far from. Im sorry but its true, this country is degrading (its not what it used to be) We have a long ways to go before becoming "the best country on earth" In fact I dont thin there is a best country, its just a question of human evolution.

We will never be the best country on earth until ALL countries are the best on earth.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

nothing has changed.

but we call it elementary or grammar school here in the states.

primary-secondary-college-graduate

still the greatest.

period.

Sorry what I said must have went over your head... Appologies, I will try and simplify my discourse in future

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I understand your utopian point of view.

Lets agree on the lesser of all evils then.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That's the trouble - why should it be the "lesser of two evils" what is the process that gets these type of people in the position to be president? Am I correct when I say that it is the politicians that select the candidates for president? If we are in a position that the "lesser of two evils" will become the next supreme ruler of the most powerful nation on earth does it not demonstrate a somewhat flawed political system?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Don't feel sorry for Americans. Save your pity for those who need it. Pity the people who are in 3rd world countries starving to death. Pity the people who are in Africa dying of AIDS. There are many people that you can feel sorry for, Americans are not in need of your pity.

The U.S. might have it's problems, show me a Country that doesn't. But we are a generous nation and we have done more to help those less fortunate than any other Country.

This is also true in the school playground of a Primary School - strange how things change when one graduates to High School...

If I'm reading that correctly I believe that it was you who opted to go the primary school route when you insulted all Americans in your original post.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

period.

more like the most violent country on earth!

I've been to Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Canada and IMO their standards of living are lot higher, the people who live there are naturally friendly and unafraid of society in general.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
mmm violence, yet more fuel for the ego.

a good, neener neener, better than you are phrase.

ps: My dad can beat up your dad.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by webvida

That's the trouble - why should it be the "lesser of two evils" what is the process that gets these type of people in the position to be president? Am I correct when I say that it is the politicians that select the candidates for president? If we are in a position that the "lesser of two evils" will become the next supreme ruler of the most powerful nation on earth does it not demonstrate a somewhat flawed political system?

There's something that doesn't make sense about all of this. Why would someone who's already rich and only in power for 4 years have nothing but selfish interests in mind when running a country? So the next guy could reap the benefits? Sorry, WRONG. I believe what your seeing happening in the US could have probably been predicted many many many years ago. You have no idea what your talking about because your county is not and never has been faced with the US's predicament.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ha ha.

I understood EXACTLY.

Perhaps it is you who is challenged.

so sorry.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Don't feel sorry for Americans. Save your pity for those who need it. Pity the people who are in 3rd world countries starving to death. Pity the people who are in Africa dying of AIDS. There are many people that you can feel sorry for, Americans are not in need of your pity.

CAn you be so sure of this? How many Americans are living below the poverty line? How many Amercians are living in 3 world type conditions? Although I guess you are ok in your suburban paradise with your fast internet connection

If I'm reading that correctly I believe that it was you who opted to go the primary school route when you insulted all Americans in your original post.

I didn't insult all Americans, only democrates and republicans, but hey most of them are electronically generated in the voting computers anyway, aren't they

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by webvida

Originally posted by Jemison

CAn you be so sure of this? How many Americans are living below the poverty line? How many Amercians are living in 3 world type conditions? Although I guess you are ok in your suburban paradise with your fast internet connection

The poverty line in America is a far cry from what people are going through in Africa. Most of whom would wish to be at the American poverty line level.

What people are going through in Africa cant even be compared to the US.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

The poverty line in America is a far cry from what people are going through in Africa. Most of whom would wish to be at the American poverty line level.

What people are going through in Africa cant even be compared to the US.

What is worse? Living in a country where virtually every other person is in the same boat as yourself or living in a country where you are constantly reminded that you have nothing while so many others around you have it all...

Maybe I am crazy, but I think I prefer poverty in the 3rd world - at least it is fair.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join