It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you think the best well rounded places would be in America, if the SHTF???? TOO SURVIVE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You could start here.
It's an extensive list of communities.

directory.ic.org...

I'm sure they are all on a government list somewhere,but you could learn from them.
edit on 15-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
The well prepared should consider cold climates abundant with water & food sources. Make nature your friend, the cold will keep the riff raff away
edit on 15-10-2012 by GeneralMishka because: (no reason given)

That's why I chose North Dakota, with 20 to 40 below winters the riff raff and wandering marauders Will be news prevalent than in milder climates. The bad winters are really only as bad as your lack of preparation make them.

I chose a very small, rural farming community of 2000 people in the county and spent the last year preparing. I just spent the last week running free of the power grid and we actually had temps in the 20's and a little snowfall and all went well for us.

IMO the best place to be is an area where you have some form if preparations and good knowledge of the land. The worst place to be is in any urban area PERIOD.. Any rural area that has a good water supply, a good food supply, and means of procuring shelter is where you want to be.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Glassbender777

Considering the elite have their comfy bunkers already built and well stocked, and the amount of Lvl 4 biolabs they have thru out the country, I really don't think there will be any safe places in America.......

Link to Lvl 4 Bio labs World wide
edit on 15-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

If the power goes out and containment seals fail; all the dehydrated food, guns, knives, firestarters and hideholes, won't make a damn bit of difference to the nasty bugs that will be carried on the wind.

www.emedicinehealth.com...

It's not the stuff you can see that you need to be worried about....
edit on 15-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I really like this Dies the Fire map. Now I know the story is a work of fantasy, but thinking of it....areas with high population densities would be literally "death zones"

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Here's a little trick into finding a good place: Look at a picture of Earth as seen at night. The areas without a bunch of light would be the best areas to go. (yes it's a general statement, but I'm not going to give away my place and I don't think anyone here will do the same)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The best area would be the Idaho panhandle, Western Montana, Southeast Washington, and Northeast Oregon.

Tons of crop land, lakes, rivers, forests and so forth. The whole area is ripe with resources. And is ideally located to ride out most if not all disasters. Most of the area consists of smaller communities. Most of which revolve around farming, ranching or logging.

Yellowstone erupts, this area will remain unscathed.
The New Madrid fault goes mega-quake, we are on the other side of the country.
Sea level rises, we are nowhere near the ocean.
California drops into the ocean, we are completely unaffected.
Mt. Hood erupts or Mt. St. Helens erupts again, at most we get a little ash.

Massive EMP takes out the power, no problem. We have rivers, wind turbines and geothermal power in some areas. There are enough resources to rig something up if you don't already have a solar setup. We also have enough cropland and lumber to first rig equipment for woodgas gasification and then to ethanol.

Global nuclear war breaks out, we have no major targets. Worst case scenario, Spokane's Fairchild Air Force Base gets hit. We lose northern Washington and the northern tip of Idaho. Boise and Mountain Home Air Force Base get hit, we lose the southern deserts of Idaho. No big loss.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
somewhere in a remote part of wyoming or montana or british columbia

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
I really like this Dies the Fire map. Now I know the story is a work of fantasy, but thinking of it....areas with high population densities would be literally "death zones"

OMG!!!
LMAO at the "death zone" with eaters and such!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Ive been doing a lot of survival preperations for my family and I for the last 4 years. There is just one question I have to ask you all, and that is where do you think the safest places would be in America, if the SHTF???

You know? I have given this a great deal of thought of late. Safe place? Underground, perhaps, if you happen to know somebody. There is no safe place, all of your survival gear will not do you much good. Cigarettes and Coffee will me like money is today, and drugs of any kind, especially antibiotics, will command a very high price.

Here is what I am doing. I am travelling to the State where I lived for most of my life, to see family, and old friends, to see old haunts, places we worked, and nice places to be. Vacation time, folks, before it comes. See your loved ones, see your friends, tell them you love them, no matter what. Touch the places you love, and REMEMBER that which was, or is, important to you. That is why these things happen, and make no mistake about it, it HAS happened before, more than one or two times. Some will Ascend, leave the planet. Some will be evacuated, most will suffer for what they have done to this world, given them for stewardship of a very rare planet indeed.

I have been lucky enough to have been shown not one, but several ways that this world will come to an end, as in the definition of the word. None were pretty.
The planet itself is Alive, people. It has, deep within herself, a womb, and an ovum. Terra is a wellspring of life in many fashions and station. She will again be reborn into a shiny new world, waiting again for the human to come. What will they do the next time? Will they again go about systematically destroying everything again? Or will they become as ONE?

I am left to wonder.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
The best area would be the Idaho panhandle, Western Montana, Southeast Washington, and Northeast Oregon.

Tons of crop land, lakes, rivers, forests and so forth. The whole area is ripe with resources. And is ideally located to ride out most if not all disasters. Most of the area consists of smaller communities. Most of which revolve around farming, ranching or logging.

Yellowstone erupts, this area will remain unscathed.
The New Madrid fault goes mega-quake, we are on the other side of the country.
Sea level rises, we are nowhere near the ocean.
California drops into the ocean, we are completely unaffected.
Mt. Hood erupts or Mt. St. Helens erupts again, at most we get a little ash.

Massive EMP takes out the power, no problem. We have rivers, wind turbines and geothermal power in some areas. There are enough resources to rig something up if you don't already have a solar setup. We also have enough cropland and lumber to first rig equipment for woodgas gasification and then to ethanol.

Global nuclear war breaks out, we have no major targets. Worst case scenario, Spokane's Fairchild Air Force Base gets hit. We lose northern Washington and the northern tip of Idaho. Boise and Mountain Home Air Force Base get hit, we lose the southern deserts of Idaho. No big loss.

Why do you say if Yellowstone erupts that area will remain unscathed? That is not far from Yellowstone tha ash cloud would make it uninhabitable. Also I doubt Boise or Mountain home AFB or even Spokane is a target for nucs. Doesn't Montana have some Missile Silos or is that N Dakota?

Having said that I agree it is a good area because it is highly unlikely Yellowstone will erupt and it is protected by the Rockies and as you said lots of resources natural springs plenty of game fish etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'll be at [REDACTED] where I've got plenty of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] to rebuild from if needed. You're welcome to meet my group at [REDACTED] if you have [REDACTED], [REDACTED], or even [REDACTED] skills to barter with. -Mags

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SallieSunshine

Hi there, I did my week long trial run in late August, it was very very hot, actually didnt think it would be as hot as it was, but here in Arkansas, if weather forecast is for 85-90 degrees, better add another 10 degrees to that for the humidity, its like being in a steam room. It was very hard to stay cool, but luckily where we have our bug out location, there are some natural cave systems, and natural springs. So it seems to stay a bit cooler in just that section of my land.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Colorado in the mountains somewhere high and in a cave.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I would first look at nuclear power facility location and go from there. The United States doesn't really have a lot of choices. A few I guess. MAP I figure if an event or events were to occur to warrant relocation, I'd want to know where these privately owned nuclear power stations are!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Use logic - go to where much food is grown without the need for extensive irrigation. By default you have food, fresh water and a small population that's not looking to eat you. Also someplace that has mild winters.

South-west Indiana meets my criteria.

I have no idea how I'm going to get there on foot though.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Call me crazy, but I'd plan on going where it's wet, going where it's dark. On certain bodies of water, if you don't want to be found, you wont be. Once away from land it's blue on blue to the horizons and typically a whole lot of nothing.

Just need to find somebody needing a deckhand (boats tend to need a crew to be fully operable), knows a thing or two about sailing the "old way", and is somewhat prepared for living on the water.

I suspect if it comes to it, I don't seeing it being kind of the mad rush like from the cities to the adjacent rurual areas. An initial rush for boats might be to get from point A to point B, but past that I don't see much else. Living on the water likely involves both a certain kind of a determined patience and toughness, and not many people may go that way in places where it also gets cold. Winter does present real dangers - particularly to smaller boats, so that will have to be kept in mind.

In the longer run, it's not just fishing, but trade and ferry services will always be in demand. Pirates could be a concern, but I don't see it being too heavy once away from what may be the worst areas. It's too easy for them to get lost out there, and I don't see many working that hard on the open water where the pickings will be slim.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Colorado in the mountains somewhere high and in a cave.

I got your cave right here, its in my butt.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

i heard it's easy to "get lost" in the great lakes region if you have a good boat and gear. lots of places to just be.
also Utah has a lot of wilderness, the SW, etc.

but in terms of places where you can eke out a long term survival?
hmm
i would choose someplace ROUGH as you can stand, to keep folks away,
while still having access to protein sources and shelter. priority one and two, not in that order though.

you want some fishing tackle no matter what. fish are easy. there is no end of bait.
Learn to dig grubs. don't hesitate to eat things like termites and ants and grasshoppers.
they are good food and can save your life. you can even eat some kinds of spiders but i wouldn't personally LOL.

you can trap small animals by making snares and deadfalls out of naturally occuring things, but it's hella hard.
however you might catch something good using bait you wouldn't eat yourself, for example,
wanna catch a crow and all you have is some roadkill or a dead vermin? put it in your deadfall and catch the varmint... lmfao

You know about digging a round hole a few feet deep, getting a tarp anchored to the sides, and putting a rock in the middle? you put a coffee can or better container (for potable water!!!) under the weighted tarp, where the lowest point is, and in the morning you should have some condensation in your pot.

those things don't really answer your questions though.
places with caves are kind of neat. you should get some books on history and geography and find out all the hidey holes the natives used, etc.

there are caves still undiscovered on the jenny wiley trail, for example. stuff like that, it's useful to know.

i have no idea where the best place is, because we can't know the future in that kind of detail

i'd recommend going for some hikes etc before winter is here.
then you'll know what you enjoy and what you can stand.
watch VIDEOS. it's how my dad learned everything about hunting (except doing it!)
edit on 19-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Arizona desert/Hopi tribal areas have been stated as perhaps being a good place in the event of a disaster.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hi I also live in west central arkansas. a reply to: Glassbender777

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join