It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Moses Wiccan?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Except... if you look at your source material, you will see that neither book is mentioned as being found with the Dead Sea Scrolls. And the texts are not complete or uncanny in their perfection. Have a look at them for yourself.

The Scroll of Enoch was most certainly found, in tact, with the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are traditionally divided into three groups: "Biblical" manuscripts (copies of texts from the Hebrew Bible), which comprise roughly 40% of the identified scrolls; Other manuscripts (known documents from the Second Temple Period like

Enoch,
Jubilees,

Tobit, Sirach, additional psalms, etc., that were not ultimately canonized in the Hebrew Bible), which comprise roughly 30% of the identified scrolls; and "Sectarian" manuscripts (previously unknown documents that shed light on the rules and beliefs of a particular group or groups within greater Judaism) like the Community Rule, War Scroll, Pesher on Habakkuk (Hebrew: פשר pesher = "Commentary"), and the Rule of the Blessing, which comprise roughly 30% of the identified scrolls.[7]

Cave 7 yielded fewer than 20 fragments of Greek documents, including 7Q2 (the "Letter of Jeremiah" = Baruch 6), 7Q5 (which became the subject of much speculation in later decades), and a Greek copy of a scroll of Enoch.[25][26][27]

According to former chief editor of the DSS editorial team John Strugnell, there are at least four privately owned scrolls from Cave 11, that have not yet been made available for scholars. Among them is a complete Aramaic manuscript of the Book of Enoch.[31]
en.wikipedia.org...

I am informed, through the above site, as well as others that the "Treatise of Moses" was discovered with the Dead Sea Scrolls. In searching for more information on the "Book/Treatise of Moses," I mostly get LDS and BYU sites, proclaiming it's existence being discovered well after Joseph Smith's version.

I saw a lot of references to the "Treatise of Moses", that was found with the Dead Sea Scrolls, but I haven't been able to find any more on it, yet. I did, however, find this, which aligns nicely with the text that I posted in the OP.

The Book of Jubilees claims to present "the history of the division of the days of the Law, of the events of the years, the year-weeks, and the jubilees of the world" as revealed to Moses (in addition to the Torah or "Instruction") by Angels while he was on Mount Sinai for forty days and forty nights[citation needed]. The chronology given in Jubilees is based on multiples of seven.......en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe the OP text is from the Jubilees, which were also discovered with the Dead Sea Scrolls. I'll keep looking for the source of the OP text. Thanks for you contribution!

edit on 17-10-2012 by windword because: grammer

I found another link, different site, same translation. www.essene.com...
www.essene.com...
edit on 17-10-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join