It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flawed Voting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, its already starting, an in florida of all places. You would think that after the debacle in 2000, things like this would have been properly addressed.
www.insightbb.com.../XML/1131_Presidential/d42854e0-dcca-46f7-a9ed-34eb59c7210c.xml&top=TOP

It seems that people who want a paper ballot instead of a touch screen, are not being given the choice to vote on everything. Way to go Jeb! Screw another one for us

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why do they keep changing the ballots and voting methods? Why can't we just have a list of candidates and a box where you put an X next to the candidate you want? Or filling in the bubble next to the candidate?

I cannot stand the touchscreen voting. I used it for the first time last year in California when we had the Governer recall election. The entire time I was voting I heard the senior citizens around me needing step by step help. They kept asking the people working at the booths to do it for them and the workers were saying that they weren't allowed to do it. It was a MESS. There were huge write ups in the paper about the confusion it caused and yet we will still be using it this election.

I'm thinking absentee ballots are the only way to go this year if you want your vote to be counted. It's a MESS!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I cannot stand the touchscreen voting.

I'm thinking absentee ballots are the only way to go this year if you want your vote to be counted. It's a MESS!

I agree. Computerized voting is going to be a huge downfall. It's very hard to "write in" a candidate if you do not have the choice to do so. I have never used the computerized voting systems, because I have always required an absentee ballot when I vote. One question...are write-in's allowable on computerized voting machines?

PS- As I have always said...Bush will win one way or another this election.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

PS- As I have always said...Bush will win one way or another this election. :barf

I highly doubt that. IF Bush wins, Kerry already has a team of lawyers ready to contest in any way that they think they might be able to take the victory away from Bush. If Bush wins on Nov. 2 our 2000 election will look like an easy situation compared to what we will be faced with.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
One question...are write-in's allowable on computerized voting machines?

Yes, write in votes are avaliable on touch screen voting.

www.sumterelections.org...

This is a FAQ for TS voting

top topics

join