It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican For Kerry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm a Republican. I've never voted for a Democrat. This year I am voting for John Kerry. Why? Because George W. Bush has proven to be a complete imbecile, not to mention utterly dangerous. There is no way I would ever vote for him again. My loyalty is to our nation first. Screw the GOP. All I can say is they better pull their heads outta their anal cavities before the party loses it all.

I'm posting the New York Times endorsement for Kerry. I couldn't have said it better.

John Kerry for President
The New York Times | Endorsement

Sunday 17 October 2004

Senator John Kerry goes toward the election with a base that is built more on opposition to George W. Bush than loyalty to his own candidacy. But over the last year we have come to know Mr. Kerry as more than just an alternative to the status quo. We like what we've seen. He has qualities that could be the basis for a great chief executive, not just a modest improvement on the incumbent.

We have been impressed with Mr. Kerry's wide knowledge and clear thinking - something that became more apparent once he was reined in by that two-minute debate light. He is blessedly willing to re-evaluate decisions when conditions change. And while Mr. Kerry's service in Vietnam was first over-promoted and then over-pilloried, his entire life has been devoted to public service, from the war to a series of elected offices. He strikes us, above all, as a man with a strong moral core.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

He has qualities that could be the basis for a great chief executive, not just a modest improvement on the incumbent.

Personally, I'll settle for a modest improvement on the incumbent at this point.....

BTW-I too am a registered Republican...

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Wow! Excellent article ECK! Like you, I couldn't have said it better myself. I do think Kerry is a better man the Bush. I know alot of Republicans are going to say "Kerry is a flip-flopper" but guess what? So is Bush. At least Kerry served his duty in the military. Bush walked away from it thanks to his dad. Everyone has their flaws and Bush has 10 times more flaws than Kerry.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
All I can say is, could any candidate be as bad as Bush at this point. You just have to look back at what has happened the last 4 years and I just feel like it couldn't get any worse under Kerry.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ECK a "republican"?

that's FH!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here's the dirty little secret.. a lot of pissed off Republicans are gonna be voting for Kerry come November.

Bush done screwed the pooch.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
ECK a "republican"?

that's FH!

Hey I voted for Bush too in the last election before I finally realized what was going on. Good thing I've woken up to reality instead of the dream world the Bush Administration is trying to put me in.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
in your friggin dreams.

what you are scared of, republican pretender, is that pissed off republicans are going to vote in droves.

and not for Kerry.

I predict Bush 53%....Kerry 46%.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I predict Bush 53%....Kerry 46%.

That's a predictable prediction.

I predict, barring a "terrorist" attack or contrived Osama appearance, Kerry will blow Bush away.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm in FL, and the area is usually pretty republican where I am... Yet, looking at yard signs, bumper stickers, etc. it's actually rather amazing... I'm seeing about 15 or so Kerry/Edwards signs, for every 1 Bush/Cheney sign...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Interesting.

I'm in Florida as well. There are 12 signs on my street. (I haven't even put one out...so make it de facto 13)

12 Bush/Cheney. (1 de facto)

1 Kerry/Edwards.

Guess it all comes down to where you live.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I have pretty much the same story. I've been a Republican all of my life -- that's how I was born and raised. Hell, I remember watching FOX News, hoping everytime they reported a "mysterious barrel" was found, that it was the smoking gun in Iraq and that Bush would be proven right, and our country would be justified in doing what we did.

Well, needless to say, I've changed. Incompetent Bush and his inept administration did to me what no Democrat was ever able to do, and that's convince me to switch parties. Bush is by far the best recruitment tool a Democrat could have ever hoped for.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
That was a great article. In light of what Bush has done while in office ... I'm voting for Kerry also. I'm a Republican also, but Bush has just done everything wrong.

This morning on the radio they did spoofs of election ads for both candidates ... the one for Kerry was priceless. It talked about how can you vote for a person who could get killed by a snack food, and that Kerry has mastered the art of chewing and swallowing ... and does it almost without thinking.

LMAO ... I totally forgot about that pretzel choking incident with Bush ...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Interesting.

A lifelong "republican" voting for higher taxes, socialized medicine, more governmental intrusion/regulation into personal lives, all because the WMDS got moved to Syria before the war's outbreak.

somehow, I don't believe you...especially after reading your other posts.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
all of these so-called "republicans" saying that they will vote for Kerry smacks of one thing.

DESPERATION on the part of the left.

and thats that.

Bush 53% Kerry 46%

anyone want to bet?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

ECK a "republican"?

that's FH!

What is wrong with that? I was Republican also, while my husband was in the military, military families tend to be more in the Republican side because they are more generous to the arm forces in general, but that was before bush came about and ruined the opinion ot the military service man, women and family with his fiasco war.

Great post EKC.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Maybe you should try listening to these folks:

Why this Republican Ex-Governor will be Voting for Kerry
Elmer L. Andersen
Minneapolis Star Tribune

Wednesday 13 October 2004

Throughout my tenure and beyond as the 30th governor of this state, I have been steadfastly aligned -- and until recently, proudly so -- with the Minnesota Republican Party.

It dismays me, therefore, to have to publicly disagree with the national Republican agenda and the national Republican candidate but, this year, I must.

The two "Say No to Bush" signs in my yard say it all.
www.truthout.org...

and..

The Power of GOP Moderates to Defeat George W. Bush
By Michael Cudahy
t r u t h o u t | Perspective

Monday 18 October 2004

If President George W. Bush is reelected, the direction of the Republican Party is likely to undergo a massive and fundamental shift. Long-held principles of liberty, integrity and respect for human rights - established by Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln and Dwight Eisenhower - could be relegated to the pages of history books.

Should the president win reelection we could see national identity cards, a continuation of irresponsible fiscal policies, and a foreign policy that rejects a decades long respect for multilateralism. These are positions that have defined the party for the better part of the 20th century and are deserving of this president's consideration.

Ironically, the decision rests in the hands of the centrist or "moderate" wing of the Republican Party - the very people whose values will be devalued if this administration is permitted another four years in office. Representing only 18-20% of registered Republicans nationwide, they are in a position to supply Democrat John Kerry with the 3-5% points he needs to win an extremely close presidential election.
www.truthout.org...

Try and keep an open mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It really is of no consequence to me whether or not you believe me, I have nothing to gain from lying.

I come from a very Southern, very Christian, very Republican family. Voting Republican was taught as the right thing to do -- hell, as the only thing to do. I was stupid and bought into it, but Bush made me see the light!

It's probably for the best, really when it comes down to it I don't side with Republicans on most issues. I was dumb for having supported them in the past, and more importantly, in the last election.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hey thanks, Marg. I 'preciate it.

Everyone in my brother's National Guard unit (who mainly supported Bush b4 the Iraq fiasco) is now fully behind KERRY. Go figure.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
For over a decade I have been what some people would call a pretty 'hard-core' Republican. But as recent events have occured and the Republicans are begining to show a new face; that or their true face is coming out, I have switched parties as well.

Yes, you are right. A true Republican could never switch parties to one that supports a larger, more liberal government. Which is why this November I am voting for the only true conservative on the ballot, Michael Badnarik of the Libertarian Party.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join