It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch Brothers threatening layoffs if Obama Re-Elected

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Thank you Hawking, my thought exactly. So, in essence, what they are saying is "My way or the highway". Veiled threat at its best.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So... Koch Industries claims that Obama's policies are hindering buisness.... but....

In 2011, the company had its best year ever with revenue of $110 billion. It’s on track to exceed that this year.

Read more here: www.kansas.com...=cpy

Source

Greed... pure and simple. Everything is never enough with these guys. Scum of the earth... there is a special place in hell for people like the Koch brothers....

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by MrXYZ

Look into Soros and the people he "Donates" to. And his business ties while your at it.

He's no better. Just a different agenda.

How is he circumventing democracy like the Koch brothers? Again, I'm not talking about donating money, I'm talking about telling people if they vote one way they will LOSE THEIR JOB. That's a MASSIVE difference.

I'm not even approaching this from a stance of agreeing or disagreeing with the Koch brothers' views...merely from a "it completely destroys democracy" point of view.

Soros ISN'T telling people they'll lose their job if they act on their right to vote, and he he sure isn't trying to disenfranchising entire population groups like they are.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Read the story, they were giving their opinion on how they think things will go if Obama is re-elected. Not telling them how to vote.

They do this as individuals who are running a company that has felt the effects that this Admin has imposed upon them. It's only prudent to advise your employees as to the "State of the Company", if you care about them in any form.

The employees generate the profit because of the product they produce.

My company has people annoyed because they are raising rates on healthcare for those who own motorcycles, but I can see the logic behind it.

And Soros has boasted about bringing down other countries economies. You think that doesn't affect jobs?
edit on 15-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

They do this as individuals who are running a company that has felt the effects that this Admin has imposed upon them.

And to repost what Blarney added

In 2011, the company had its best year ever with revenue of $110 billion. It’s on track to exceed that this year.

Yes.
Indeed.
Felt the effects.
Poor Koch, they probably got injured from the pile of money that crashed on top of them.
Desperate times and all that.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And Soros has boasted about bringing down other countries economies. You think that doesn't affect jobs?
edit on 15-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

He toppled communist nations and helped install republics.
Yes, it effects jobs...as in, people suddenly have em.

Now, its common to check Koch with Soros. So..lets compare:

Kock bros reign over the largest private oil company in the U.S. with estimated revenues of $100 billion. They wield power over a sprawling network of nonprofit front groups with unbridled influence over everything from the Tea Party to economics professors at publicly funded universities. Forbes lists their personal wealth as $25 billion each.

Hungarian-American financier, businessman and notable philanthropist , George Soros, has a net worth of $20 billion as of March 2012, according to Forbes 400. The renowned hedge fund investor George Soros may be best known these days for his philanthropy and support of progressive causes. He has given away more than $8 billion since 1979 to human rights, public health and education groups. In 2010 he pledged $100 million to Human Rights Watch, in part to counteract America’s loss of the “moral high ground.” He’s also given away $150 million to Roma Rights (Gypsies). Manages $28 billion (assets) Quantum Fund, which was up 2.6% in 2010.

So, there you have ot
Koch bros can bankroll Soros several times.
And Soros is global in his agenda, whereas Koch is focused on strangleholding the US specifically.
Koch donates vast sums to various global organizations. Koch has sued someone for 16 dollars

This is not apples to oranges, this is apples to staples. Not even in the same ballpark.

You might want to take off the K jersey and put the pom poms down...unless your all good with pretending a serial killer is the same as someone whom steps on an ant.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

They do this as individuals who are running a company that has felt the effects that this Admin has imposed upon them.

Yes.
Indeed.
Felt the effects.
Poor Koch, they probably got injured from the pile of money that crashed on top of them.

Thanks...I needed that.

I don't mind being proven wrong. That's why I come here.

But I will still say that I am not a fan of either the Koch Bros. nor Soros. But I do try to see the reasoning behind them.

That darn curtain. So...heavy...can't...move...it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That darn curtain. So...heavy...can't...move...it.

Its not really. you just need to kick aside the people screaming not to open it.

The age of the internet destroys the background noise. Both have agendas here though, Soros and Koch..but I am personally more threatened by Koch as they have me and my family in their sites. Soros...hell, he may care about the US potus one year, then the following year is trying to remove a dictatorship in some slavic nation, etc...he does what he does at this point for global love of ideals. Koch is all about power consolidation of the continental us.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm ok with being schooled from time to time. It makes me...no, forces me to grow.

To me, this is a PSYOP campaign, nothing more. As a conservative, I see the point that they are making.

As a liberal, it sticks in my craw that they have resorted to such tactics.

But in the end...it will still be up to the individual and their belief system.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people out there who think like me. They vote across the board.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Yes.
Indeed.
Felt the effects.

The media and pol-pundits have convinced the American people that things are really bad when in fact, they aren't. Even when positive economic indicator numbers are posted, they want to spin it saying things like the numbers aren't accurate or they are decieving. In today's world of information at our fingertips, we have become lazy and let others do the "thinking" for us. I'm beginning to think that we deserve what we get...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sometimes im glad i work for a millionaire instead of these multi billionaire fools. A man who i can walk into the office of and tell him im quittin......and i leave with a raise. Lol.

I understand attempting to run a successful business with a couple hundred employees and having a million bucks in your bank to party off. but at what point is it simply greed?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Translation:

I am making tons and tons of money.

I want to continue to make tons and tons of money.

If I don't continue to make tons and tons of money I will find a way to do so at your expence.

Your choice though, I would never tell you what to do.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
By the way, for those who claim the GOP is the party of "economic growth" and "more jobs"...here's a reality check...

Change in Dow Jones Industrial Average during Presidential election terms:

G H Bush: +50%;
Clinton 1: +100%;
Clinton 2: +60%;
G W Bush1: -3%;
G W Bush 2: -22%;
Obama (thru Oct 3, 2012): +65%

Feel free to go further back in time and check other interesting stats like "income growth"...you'll be surprised

Oh, and for those still not convinced that the Koch brothers are a bunch of clowns:

Bloomberg article: LINK

Because paying the fine for pollution is cheaper than not polluting at all...thanks to buying lobbyists they buy to make sure fines stay low.

And of course the best for last. Funny how they sponsor politicians that use rhetoric that suggest we need to invade Iran because they are evil...yet when it comes to doing business, the Kochs see now problem in circumventing sanctions:

So the mere fact that those guys sponsor someone means I could never vote for that person. If I were running and they'd offer me money I'd decline. Given that Romney/Ryan will say whatever their current audience wants to hear, even changing their line every other day, I doubt they are that principled

Oh, and for those claiming Romney's "business experience" somehow means he'll create more jobs and stimulate economic growth...here are the stats for Massachusetts under Romney:

- Ranked no47 in job growth (and that's a state with tons of universities...and university graduates have lower unemployment!!!)

- Second largest labor force decline in the country (after St Louis...after a HURRICANE!!!)

- 14% drop in manufacturing jobs...and you have to wonder how many factories closed because his PE group bought them.

- Increased state debt by more than any other state while he was in office.

In short, if you vote for that clown you vote for a guy who killed off jobs more than pretty much everyone in the country...while also increasing debt more than anyone else.

And that's the guy you want to vote for? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

edit on 15-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I guess I read it differently. Seems to me that they feel they may not be able to afford Obamacare or that their business may suffer under another 4 years of a president that isn't highly friendly to business. In that case they may have no other choice but to have layoffs.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Obamacare is NEVER meant to cost more than what employers can pay, and is for greater morale and productivity to thrive in the workplace with their health needs taken care of.

With the Koch brothers and others like them, it is more a case of only less profits for them to indulge in the corruptive game of buying politicians to lick their boots in their hunger for power, domination and unbraidled greed.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by MaMaa

Obamacare is NEVER meant to cost more than what employers can pay, and is for greater morale and productivity to thrive in the workplace with their health needs taken care of.

With the Koch brothers and others like them, it is more a case of only less profits for them to indulge in the corruptive game of buying politicians to lick their boots in their hunger for power, domination and unbraidled greed.

Why should the employers have to pay for health care? Why not just work on fixing the actual system so that people can afford it on their own with the money they earn.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I read this article and they are not threatening to fire people. They are just saying it like it is. Nobody is sabotaging Obama. This government as a whole is soooo corrupt, it is crazy! Obama is only a small part of the problem. His bills are a BIG problem. This country has got to go back to what it once was economically. I am talking way back! These Corporations and banks and the Fed are all very serious problems. Obama wants global redistribution, and so do many others in this government. Obama is an enemy of America, just like the others that are running this country!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

Last election my employer put out a memo stating the same thing if Obama were elected. Immediately following that election the employer made good on its promise.

I say to Koch Brothers, lay everyone off please and go out of business. As champions of the free market they should know that another person will find away to provide whatever services or products they make. I will not be shackled by corporate greed. Perhaps companies will arise that are concerned less about their bottom line and more about serving the community they operate in. To hell with Koch Brothers, go out of business and leave America if you do not like to elections based off the will of the voter. And shame on you Koch Brothers for attempting to influence elections by threatening the livelihood of those who show up to work everyday to make you rich. Go out of business. Another company would be glad to take over where you left off.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Koch brothers are criminals. They are also Zionist Bolsheviks that want to install a Zionist order in the USA. They are the exact definition of the slime of humanity.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by michelle123
reply to post by randomname

I read this article and they are not threatening to fire people. They are just saying it like it is. Nobody is sabotaging Obama. This government as a whole is soooo corrupt, it is crazy! Obama is only a small part of the problem. His bills are a BIG problem. This country has got to go back to what it once was economically. I am talking way back! These Corporations and banks and the Fed are all very serious problems. Obama wants global redistribution, and so do many others in this government. Obama is an enemy of America, just like the others that are running this country!

Not sure if you're new here on ATS but parroting what you hear on Fox news or any other news outlet doesn't get garner much respect for your opinions without some sources or hard facts to back up your statements.

In case you didn't know.... The corporations you refer to own the news media in the U.S. Time Warner, Walt Disney, Viacom, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., CBS Corporation and NBC Universal are all very conservative biased companies and they own virually every media outlet in the U.S. except for Clear Channel Communications which owns over 1,000 radio outlets....

Obama isn't your enemy... you are your own worst enemy...
edit on 15-10-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join